My G fire

norcal2

insurance payout is usually reasonable if they use a 3rd party appraiser. when i totalled my porsche, state farm paid more than market value (which in 2008 was going down like there is no tomorrow)

consider yourself lucky with a house intact and no one hurt. you'll have plenty of cash to play again

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The safecraft kit looks great. I would be willing to take on a project like building a Gallardo Specific kit it there was enough interest.

Sorry to hear that. You guys should petition SafeCraft to make you a custom system. A bunch of us FGT owners had them make us a very OEM looking solution.....and it doesn't have to be blue as in the pictures.

post-13023-1278836297.jpg

post-13023-1278836283.jpg

insurance payout is usually reasonable if they use a 3rd party appraiser. when i totalled my porsche, state farm paid more than market value (which in 2008 was going down like there is no tomorrow)

consider yourself lucky with a house intact and no one hurt. you'll have plenty of cash to play again

I met with the adjuster yesterday at Copart, went through the car as a gallardo isnt in their books, and they havent seen one come through, I dont know if they use a third party appraiser, Ill find out, but in any case its going to be a pain and take a while to get through, and the more time they take the more value drops as fall and winter are on the way. They may hire a investigator, to investigate the cause, ill keep updates coming.

I dont know if an on board suppression system would do any good if this were in my garage, the inital fire would take out the car on the lift above and it would fire off....

• 2 weeks later...

Update...the insurance company is a PITA,

here is the latest from them...my car burned 10 July..and still nothing, and Lamborghini has been less than responsive....and its not like Gallardo's have not caught on fire before...

"Our FTC Subrogation department has notified Lamborghini that we want to

perform a tear down of the vehicle in order to determine the Origin and

Cause of the fire and complete the Field Inspection. FTC Subrogation has

invited Lamborghini to be present at the tear down. Lamborghini has not

responded and was contacted again yesterday. If Lamborghini does not

respond within a few more days, we will proceed without them. Should you

wish to be present for the tear down, just let me know and I will notify

you of date, time and location."

How does determining the origin help the insurance company, surely they have to pay out regardless so should be getting a move on?

(I know determinign where is still a good thing to do... but still)...

Are the going to attempt to pass on liability elsewhere or something?

How does determining the origin help the insurance company, surely they have to pay out regardless so should be getting a move on?

(I know determinign where is still a good thing to do... but still)...

Are the going to attempt to pass on liability elsewhere or something?

Yes that is my point as well, its between them and Lamborghini....

I'm guessing they're probably doing the investigation to see if they can somehow blame Lamborghini for faulty parts. That way they can somehow get Lamborghini to be at fault for the whole incident or get reimbursed. Hope it all works out soon, norcal. I can't begin to imagine how frustrating it all may be.

Update...the insurance company is a PITA,

here is the latest from them...my car burned 10 July..and still nothing, and Lamborghini has been less than responsive....and its not like Gallardo's have not caught on fire before...

"Our FTC Subrogation department has notified Lamborghini that we want to

perform a tear down of the vehicle in order to determine the Origin and

Cause of the fire and complete the Field Inspection. FTC Subrogation has

invited Lamborghini to be present at the tear down. Lamborghini has not

responded and was contacted again yesterday. If Lamborghini does not

respond within a few more days, we will proceed without them. Should you

wish to be present for the tear down, just let me know and I will notify

you of date, time and location."

Can you tell us what insurance company you have? I wonder if all insurance companies would be the same?!?!

the first thing that insurance companies do is look for reasons why they shouldn't pay.

I guess they want to see if the car was set on fire deliberately, manufacturers fault, etc anything to avoid liability on their part.

I feel terribly sorry for you norcal2, the fire could've potentially burn your house down, you paid serious $ for a car that you can't enjoy, very frustrating.

I hope the situation will resolve quickly and you get your payout.

• 2 weeks later...
a wise man once said....

LET IT BURN! You dont want a story car.

Different however if you are IN the car when its burning ...so maybe he wasnt THAT wise.

Clearly a VERY wise man!

Clearly a VERY wise man!

The car is totaled, I found out Friday, the insurance company is going after Lamborghini, Ive asked to know the cause and when I do I will post and also the VIN incase it shows up as minor damage. Now its haggling over value....

If they subrogate the claim and fight Lamborghini, will they still pay you? I believe they pay you and then sure them. Hopefully so for your sake. Keep us posted and good luck!

If they subrogate the claim and fight Lamborghini, will they still pay you? I believe they pay you and then sure them. Hopefully so for your sake. Keep us posted and good luck!

Correct, they will pay me less my deductible, no matter what, if they are successful against Lamborghini with full reimbursement to the insurance company from Lamborghini I will get my deductible back.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Norcal!

Sorry to hear about the loss of your ride. Frustrating, I bet. But very fortunate you did not park in your garage.

I think of that everytime I wheel ours into the garage. If she goes, she will take all our cars with her. Yikes!

Hope you come out on top with the insurance guys.

Any thoughts of what will replace her?

This has made me think again, I usually put mine away in the garage straight away when I return (away from prying eyes), The garage gets nice and warm once she's home.

The early G's were recalled to re route an oil hose I believe, that was the cause of some fires, did yours have that recall?

I think a somewhat simple solution would be to replace all hoses with stainless steel braided hose. This would protect against hoses bursting and spilling fluids on a hot engine.

I think a somewhat simple solution would be to replace all hoses with stainless steel braided hose. This would protect against hoses bursting and spilling fluids on a hot engine.

That IS the way it should have been done from the factory, as it is on some other high end sports cars. Ford GT comes to mind...