Gallardo with scissor doors

Smash Boy

Is/was it possible??

I remember reading years ago online that it was a $20-25k option from the factory if you wanted it.

Since no one talks about it and apparently nobody ever posted a pic of such a car, hard to know if it was really true.

Same applies to the F355 and an alleged power steering delete....no one ever presented such a car to the public.

Is/was it possible??

I remember reading years ago online that it was a $20-25k option from the factory if you wanted it.

Since no one talks about it and apparently nobody ever posted a pic of such a car, hard to know if it was really true.

Same applies to the F355 and an alleged power steering delete....no one ever presented such a car to the public.

Not true

no no it's impossible,from the factory only the v12 cars are with scissors doors...

Only the V12 models get the scissor doors.

With you & Dario saying it like that, you make it sound like that was an official statement from Lamborghini S.p.A......was such a thing ever said? Just curious.

Anyways, it looks like Webster or someone will have to one off a G from the factory with scissor doors.....would you like the G more if it had scissor doors are does it come off wrong?

If you put the scissor doors on a Gallardo, it just does not look right. It is basically following the ricer trend of putting them on cars they do not belong on.

It was discussed some years ago and it's impossible to fit real Lambo-doors on the Gallardo, it just wasn't designed for it. That's why all aftermarket LSD go out and then up.

It was discussed some years ago and it's impossible to fit real Lambo-doors on the Gallardo, it just wasn't designed for it. That's why all aftermarket LSD go out and then up.

Of course....if you're using the standard door frame.

A custom factory G would naturally have a modified door frame to allow this.

Of course....if you're using the standard door frame.

A custom factory G would naturally have a modified door frame to allow this.

You need a lot more than that. The roof, the a-pillar and front and rear quarterpanel needs to be modified, at least. You end up redesigning the whole car to make scissor doors work properly.

Not an option on the Gallardo at any time. You could throw $500k at them and they wouldn't build you one, for the reasons mentioned already in the thread (structural changes, legal liability, no EPA cert for that modification in the US, etc, etc). :icon_thumleft:

This one is a small Lambo urban legend that goes around every once in a while, likely started by a douche who had aftermarket scissor doors done to his G and then drummed up a story for others about how he "paid extra for a special order". :eusa_wall:

With you & Dario saying it like that, you make it sound like that was an official statement from Lamborghini S.p.A......was such a thing ever said? Just curious.

Anyways, it looks like Webster or someone will have to one off a G from the factory with scissor doors.....would you like the G more if it had scissor doors are does it come off wrong?

if i'm not wrong,lamborghini decided to use vertical doors from the countach only for V12,the doors you are talking about,are not a real vertical doors,they need to go out like a normal door and after you have to lift them up.

like placid said,the gallardo design is not allowed for vertical doors... theese are tuning doors

Hahahaha. Just give it a chance. Il post pics up this weekend

Bro we've already seen Gallardos with verticle doors; one word....... eh make it two..............

Ghetto Poser :icon_mrgreen:

Bro we've already seen Gallardos with verticle doors; one word....... eh make it two..............

Ghetto Poser :icon_mrgreen:

lol "ghetto poser" bit too harsh on your word choice... Call me different. Everyone in the NSX community likes to have their cars lowered with nice wheels... I don't. I did a Sorcery widebody kit from Japan and turbo'd it 650RWHP... Do not like plain looks with my sports/exotic cars. My Gallardo Spyder will not be any different... Iv done alot to it over the past few months, all there is left to do is UndergroundRacings 1000rwhp kit. If everyone had the same taste and did their cars the same that would be GHEY. At the end of the day its all about making yourself happy. I for one will not be upset whatsoever if someone doesn't share my taste

Lambo

whip.jpg

lol "ghetto poser" bit too harsh on your word choice... Call me different. Everyone in the NSX community likes to have their cars lowered with nice wheels... I don't. I did a Sorcery widebody kit from Japan and turbo'd it 650RWHP... Do not like plain looks with my sports/exotic cars. My Gallardo Spyder will not be any different... Iv done alot to it over the past few months, all there is left to do is UndergroundRacings 1000rwhp kit. If everyone had the same taste and did their cars the same that would be GHEY. At the end of the day its all about making yourself happy. I for one will not be upset whatsoever if someone doesn't share my taste

Lambo

:eusa_think:

I'm sorry I misspelled that: Poseur...

IAS, Do your thing brahh. If you like it that's all that matters. Nothin' wrong with a little trash talk though, especially for a newbie. :icon_mrgreen:

Oh and welcome to LP :icon_thumleft:

:eusa_think:

I'm sorry I misspelled that: Poseur...

IAS, Do your thing brahh. If you like it that's all that matters. Nothin' wrong with a little trash talk though, especially for a newbie. :icon_mrgreen:

Oh and welcome to LP :icon_thumleft:

hahaha thanks buddy, if your at any of the meets in cali im sure we will run into each other. Look for the G with the poseur doors ;) lol

No need to get offensive, man. This board is brutally honest with feedback. There are certain things that will never be widely adopted in the G community, and the Lambo doors mod is probably at the very top of that list. To each their own though. We are all here to keep the G's reputation up there as exotic and classy. If you dig them, that is all that matters. Just don't expect people to ask you where you got the kit, who did your install, how much they cost, etc :).