AP ROO Discounts

ShawnWalters

I'm in love with a AP ROO Panda Steel bracelet and might make the drive to the store to try it on and also possibly purchase if the price is right. But I wanted to see what type of discounts off MSRP can be had? Its an authorized retailer, actually the only one in IL (Chicago). MSRP is $22k he said over the phone. Is $16k-17k realistic for an authorized retailer? I know you can buy them off ebay and I may do that, but if the price was comparable, I'd prefer to buy from an authorized store.

Should be. I think I could pull that number if the watch isn't the hottest thing on the planet.

I'm in love with a AP ROO Panda Steel bracelet and might make the drive to the store to try it on and also possibly purchase if the price is right. But I wanted to see what type of discounts off MSRP can be had? Its an authorized retailer, actually the only one in IL (Chicago). MSRP is $22k he said over the phone. Is $16k-17k realistic for an authorized retailer? I know you can buy them off ebay and I may do that, but if the price was comparable, I'd prefer to buy from an authorized store.

Don't know if this will work but I was looking at a watch yesterday and mentioned how it was 25% off at another store (it was), the guy quickly offered me 30%. I think in this market everyone is trying to cut down inventory

Thanks guys, I picked it up today!!!

$16,700 out the door, tax included - 4 year warranty! (2 more years by using amex) :)

Congrats! Did they just offer the price or did you talk them into it? Put up some pics :icon_thumleft:

Just did:

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=50637

No they said it was $22k, then I asked what kind of price they can do and he said he'll have the purchasing manager call me as he knows profit margins best.

So not 5 minutes later the guy calls me and I ask what kind of price he can do and he says what did I have in mind. I thought great, one of these LOL. So I said $15k. He said almost immediately he couldn't do it, but that he can "come close" if I go to the store. I figured what the hell since I wanted to try it on anyway and if they wouldn't do the price I'd buy off ebay.

But I went there, loved it and said now let's talk price and mentioned how the guy on the phone said he couldn't do 15k but could come close. So I said that's the number I'm comfortable with because of the sales tax, otherwise I'll buy online. Some lady came out from the back and she asked me if she makes the call and he says yes will you buy now. I told her yes. She made the call and he said $15,460 is the absolute lowest he could go. My sales guy seemed shocked that he said even that low, so I don't know if it was an act and I could have even gotten more off, or if it was more off than they normally do, but I took it and am happy regardless.

Online the best price one I found was $15,500 plus shipping and wire fees. So I paid an extra grand (basically tax) for peace of mind that it's real and with a warranty and double warranty via amex. The amex points don't hurt either :eusa_dance: .

Nice sounds like you played it well and got a good deal, enjoy! I love the fact that you can wear it daily and then to an evening as well, thats exactly what I am looking in a watch right too.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I know this is an older post. I know the msrp has gone up since. Are dealers still giving good discounts on these? I tried to buy one in Las Vegas. They said they could do 10%. When I told them they had to do better than that they basically blew me off and I walked out. This was based onthe current $24900 msrp

Looks good, but I want it with the bracelet. I also would prefer to buy from an authorized dealer, at least for my first AP ROO.

You can buy from Gil anytime. I have bought very expensive watches from him with no issues at all. I can vouch for him, standup guy.

Looks good, but I want it with the bracelet. I also would prefer to buy from an authorized dealer, at least for my first AP ROO.

With a bracelet? YUCK

It actually looks really good with a bracelet.

Terrible.. Only other person who ever wanted an AP with a bracelet was Ajglobal... I REST MY CASE

Terrible.. Only other person who ever wanted an AP with a bracelet was Ajglobal... I REST MY CASE

:lol2:

No on the bracelet. You are not 65 years old, still plenty of years left before you make that switch. :icon_mrgreen:

Black hornback with white stitch = perfection for that model.

:lol2:

No on the bracelet. You are not 65 years old, still plenty of years left before you make that switch. :icon_mrgreen:

Black hornback with white stitch = perfection for that model.

:iamwithstupid:

Your smoking crack again. Just put the pipe down.

Allan, this one only came on a bracelet and it is a bad mofo! Pure platinum...

3D067402_CF7B_5CA2_78DE378FCF4D5B1C_x.jpeg