Klassens FAIL on Murci Fri night

SoBeSean

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are these the wheels from SP that they were selling from their 640 (you mentioned you purchased them used and they came off an LP640) ?

And this is why I don't put aftermarket wheels on performance cars. If I must have aftermarket I would go with some HREs.

Glad you're OK.

Can someone tell me why HREs are an exception to other aftermarket rims?

WOW! Glad no one was hurt. I put aftermarket wheels on my LP640, had soooo many issues. I've since put the stock wheels back on. Not worth the risk or hassle.

Glad you're OK.

Can someone tell me why HREs are an exception to other aftermarket rims?

:iamwithstupid:

I seem to recall a photo of an HRE wheel that had a similar failure. I think it was on a viper....

Are these the wheels from SP that they were selling from their 640 (you mentioned you purchased them used and they came off an LP640) ?

Yep - recognize them from their white 640 in ads?

:iamwithstupid:

I seem to recall a photo of an HRE wheel that had a similar failure. I think it was on a viper....

Correct. They had some problems of their own a while ago. They haven't had any problems in a LONG time thankfully.

what is wrong with Hercules wheels? Why the need to go outside of Lamb wheels?

Liked the look of the orange barrels and black centers. Plus, wanted to go to 20 in rear and 19 in front....

To paint the barrels, you would still need to take the entire wheel appart.. Maybe they didnt torque the studs enough, or too much?

To paint the barrels, you would still need to take the entire wheel appart.. Maybe they didnt torque the studs enough, or too much?

Unlikely, but possible. They are pros and deal with high end cars and wheels on a regular basis.... But it's something I'm going to look into.. Thanks.

Have the wheels been powdercoated? If powdercoated incorrectly they can weaken and ultimately fail. Or else the lugs could have failed causing vibration which is a wheels worst enemy.

Glad you are ok...

Have the wheels been powdercoated? If powdercoated incorrectly they can weaken and ultimately fail. Or else the lugs could have failed causing vibration which is a wheels worst enemy.

Glad you are ok...

The centers appear to have been painted, not powdercoated, but I won't know for sure till tomorrow. The barrels were painted for sure.

You know.... I'm really not looking forward to the "blame game" I'm going to have to endure tomorrow. No one is going to have the honor to accept responsibility for this.. (Imagine if someone had been injured or killed!) One thing is for sure: it wasn't my fault and I will almost certainly end up paying for everything (I don't even know how much damage the car took.)

I will be sure to post everyone's responses for other members to judge on who to do and not do business with.

It's not about blame, it's about finding out exactly what went wrong in this potentially lethal incedent, so it is hopefully not repeated in the future.

In these incidents quite often there is more than one contributing factor, each individual element may not have caused a problem on its own but the combination of factors does.

Its gonna take some time before its narrowed down to the cause. I personally loathe having to go through this kinda things. Hope everything get done and over soonest for you.

In the meanwhile I suggest -> :aikido:

You know.... I'm really not looking forward to the "blame game" I'm going to have to endure tomorrow. No one is going to have the honor to accept responsibility for this.. (Imagine if someone had been injured or killed!) One thing is for sure: it wasn't my fault and I will almost certainly end up paying for everything (I don't even know how much damage the car took.)

I will be sure to post everyone's responses for other members to judge on who to do and not do business with.

Well here is my 2 cents...its going to be very hard to pinpoint anyone at fault due to several factors....

#1..they are used wheels

#2. they were painted after the fact and in order to paint them, they surely needed to be taken appart by a third party...

What I am willing to bet on, is that if they were originally Chinamans wheels, he will use his pull to help you in anyway he can..

Well here is my 2 cents...its going to be very hard to pinpoint anyone at fault due to several factors....

#1..they are used wheels

#2. they were painted after the fact and in order to paint them, they surely needed to be taken appart by a third party...

What I am willing to bet on, is that if they were originally Chinamans wheels, he will use his pull to help you in anyway he can..

That's good to hear... Damage: rear rotors (only sold in pairs), caliper us paint, some stress cracks to paint on fender, and of course the wheel and tire. I think I'm forgetting something... Anyways, about 10 grand..

wow this really makes you think twice when your reaching speeds over 150mph.

im glad your ok, but also keep in mind how many hundreds of thousands of aftermarket wheels are sold and how rare this happens.

but i do agree you never hear about this happening with a factory lambo wheel.