speedometer

threedogsplumbing

• 5 years later...
Hey there everyone, has anyone had a problem with the speedometer in their car? mine is ok when i am gaining speed, but it stutters as i decrease speed. thanks, Stan

Hi Stan,

It's only 6 years since you wrote this and I'm not sure you are still using the forum or still have your Murcielago. My speedometer decided not to work today after I disconnected the battery.

The early M had problems with instrument clusters. If I remember correctly there may have been a recall on them at one point.

Timely that this has come up on the forum. I found that when I disconnected my battery and reconnected, I got a DEF message over the mileage reading. The speedo didn't work. However, after two cycles of switching the ignition to position one i.e. switch on-switch off x2 the DEF message goes and is replaced by the total trip mileage. The speedo then works. I've done this twice now and it's exactly the same procedure each time. Not sure why this is the case. If anyone has any ideas, I would be interested in hearing.