From Paris Motor Show - New Lambo Concept Car

a007apl

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is no one noticing that this is just a masked Gallardo? Look in the rear grills and notice the gallardo rear. The gallardo side mirors, and the gallardo grill in the front.

To me it has Gallardo styling characteristics not a masked Gallardo. I'm not a fan of the side mirrors but I'm holding back till I see the finish replacement car and its performance.

As others have said, although the car has many similarities to the Gallardo, it is much longer and wider at the rear than a Gallardo. Has anyone noticed the small air intakes behind the rear side windows?

post-531-1285107322.jpg

post-531-1285107501.jpg

wow!! car looks so wide!!! love it!

No, it's lower/longer than a Gallardo. It fits the profile of a Murcielago, but with design elements from the Gallardo. Which we will also see on the concept (the A-pillar windows etc).

Nice. Can u do a murci overlay?

German magazine ASS :

Lambo Jota is V10 turbo with 700HP :eusa_think:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...go-1814972.html

It just seems wrong to have the top of the line Lambo powered by anything other than a V12 however lighter weight cars powered by smaller turbocharged engines are the way of the future, and anything over 600 hp is nothing to scoff at even if it is missing a couple cylinders!.

All of this is just speculation anyway, can't wait for the release!

Ok it looks like Lamborghini came to the conclusion that the best Murcielago replacement is a car that looks like a Gallardo and has a V10 TT engine :icon_thumleft:

If Hefner and UG are regularly getting 1,000+ horsepower by TT'ing the Gallardo's engine, why on earth wouldn't Lamborghini be able to get at least that much out of a V10 (all-new or not) that they're making from scratch?

this thing is dripping in camo but you can't hide those huge rear tyres!!

new1.jpg

nice engine cover

new2.jpg

new3.jpg

gearbox?

new4.jpg

Looks like Abolfaz is right. The frameless window and the angle of the open door looks like it opens out then up, not str8 up like the original scissor doors.

As others have said, although the car has many similarities to the Gallardo, it is much longer and wider at the rear than a Gallardo. Has anyone noticed the small air intakes behind the rear side windows?

post-531-1285107322.jpg

post-531-1285107501.jpg

this is the new flagship

Looks like Abolfaz is right. The frameless window and the angle of the open door looks like it opens out then up, not str8 up like the original scissor doors.

as i told you some months ago ;)

Guest Rob Burgundy
If Hefner and UG are regularly getting 1,000+ horsepower by TT'ing the Gallardo's engine, why on earth wouldn't Lamborghini be able to get at least that much out of a V10 (all-new or not) that they're making from scratch?

Just because you can doesnt mean you should.

Theres more to building an amazing car than just throwing a insane amount of power to it. Most owners will never use the 600-700hp they have now let alone 1000+ and then what...the next model after that at 1500? And more after that? A lambo isnt a drag car...if people want to modify it for that purpose more power to them but I will say that we will never see more then 750 hp from a factory car out of Lamborghini.

Just because you can doesnt mean you should.

Theres more to building an amazing car than just throwing a insane amount of power to it. Most owners will never use the 600-700hp they have now let alone 1000+ and then what...the next model after that at 1500? And more after that? A lambo isnt a drag car...if people want to modify it for that purpose more power to them but I will say that we will never see more then 750 hp from a factory car out of Lamborghini.

:iamwithstupid:

Being realistic I think that quote might come back to haunt you in a few years Roberta what with the Gallardo and the competition in its segment knocking on the door of 600BHP and the out going Murcie close to 700.

The current trend for the big manufacturers is turbo.

The new BMW M range is going to be de-evolving in capacity and cylinder size coupled with Turbo (much to the chagrin of the M fanbois brigade), Ferrari are touting turbo concept engines, Mercedes are flirting in this area and VW/AUDI/PORSCHE have a wealth of experience in the forced induction arena.

The smaller lighter compact engine with tandem turbos is so far seen as the future of the industry to meet ever stricter global emissions versus customer requirements for headline grabbing horse power – which manufacturer is going to sell a new car with less power than its previous iteration?

The new Audi injection engines are incredible smooth coupled with ultra lean emissions return respectable mileage to the gallon coupled with very reasonable performance.  I can see this technology being filtered into the Lambo range; see the LP560 engine as an example of the adaption of direct injection.

Turbo and hybrid power plant technology like stop and go are so far looking like they are going to be the saviour of the sports car fan.

A lot of people are knocking what Lambo are doing, what they are going to do etc but I think that they have really improved the brand and the cars.  Look at the cars they have produced in Audi hands.

Some people moan that they produce too many special editions, look at Porsche, look at Ferrari, look at Pagani even!

I do question anyone that says that the company is dead before a new model has been shown!  People easily forget that this company has only just turned a profit in the last couple of years.

The styling of all their cars in the last decade has been fantastic and borderline timeless in design with the early Murcie starting to look a little aged when compared with its updated models but not against its competition at the time.  The styling department have got it bang on with the Estoque and I am sure a light, more compact Murcie is going to be just as suitably sculpted.

Have faith and wait.

Good post Cap.

Looks like the "false alarm" crowd was right, word coming in from several different sources that only one car will be shown at Paris:

The nonsensical "83X" tech showcase...which they're already telling people of course has no shot whatsoever at production.

So no Estoque, no Jota or whatever, and no LP570 Spyer.

Borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrringggggggggggggg.

Good post Cap.

Looks like the "false alarm" crowd was right, word coming in from several different sources that only one car will be shown at Paris:

The nonsensical "83X" tech showcase...which they're already telling people of course has no shot whatsoever at production.

So no Estoque, no Jota or whatever, and no LP570 Spyer.

Borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrringggggggggggggg.

only one show car, but not a boring design

I really hope the V12 line continues. From a straight up engine engineering perspective a V12 is just so perfect, not requiring any balance shafts to deal with vibrations, allowing 4 x banks of three evenly firing cylinders for intake manifold plenums, so that induction cycles do no interfere with each other. The downsides are a narrower 60 degree or in the case of the Enzo 65 degrees v-angle resulting in a higher centre of gravity, and more moving parts and therefore higher internal friction for a given size engine, but the smaller individual internal parts for a given engine size allow for higher revs. If a 5 liter v10 is happy at 8000rpm, a similar 5 liter v12 will be happy at 9,000rpm roughly speaking.

V12 TT FTW!!

Part of passing emmissions that limits engine design is the warm up time. Engines must get to operating temp very quickly to pass so that fuel is burnt correctly and catalytic converters operate correctly. This is where smaller more compact engines with turbos are at a large advantage. And forced induction helps with mixing the air/fuel mixture allowing for leaner air/fuel ratios and a cleaner burn.

V12 TT FTW!! I'd love to see a 5 litre or 6 litre TT in the Murcie replacement but I i can understand it if V12s are made extinct :crybaby2: