From Paris Motor Show - New Lambo Concept Car

a007apl

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it's the hood of the next flagship car... I think that is a window wiper on the right.

it is the front hood and wiper arm. Those are 2 large vents that probably takes air from bottom and pushes upward for downforce...

That would be my first guess.

paris_teaser_25deg_ccw.jpg

I think we're looking at the side of the car, the big air intake right behind the door. If you look at all the recent spy photos it's got those big air intakes on and behind the doors, and additional scoops right above it, i.e. behind the side windows.

Oh, I didn't realize this was the concept and not a production car. That makes perfect sense for the weirdness of it. I'm guessing that's the the hood and it's composed of two pieces -- the red and the carbon -- and the carbon part can lift up. Probably won't look anything like the new M.

It sure does look like a front lid with radiator vents exiting out over the windshield with the wiper visible to the upper right.

On the other hand it is pretty rare to see wipers on concept cars.

wait is this a concept car or the new flagship?

Possibly both.

Meaning this concept may be a "design preview" where 90% of the design elements magically wind up on the actual model. Lambo hasn't done this previously but many mfgs do across all price spectrums.

If they're really showing the finished design of the actual flagship to dealers starting in a few weeks as mentioned in the email from Lambo/Stockholm, then there's no reason to deploy a true concept car that has no relevance to a production model.

For the record I'm with the "top of the front hood, windshield wiper visible" crowd on this shot. The wiper is pretty clear and distinct, and the direction of the vents suggests they serve as an exit for aero that's being scooped up through open front spoiler intakes.

A while ago, a good friend with reliable info said the Geneva show will formally premier the new flagship; for the Paris show, if the management okays it, a concept model will be shown.

Keep in mind that the Estoque was shown at Paris in 2008; it being a concept model. Could this be the "evolution" of the Estoque --- the rumoured 3rd model of the brand?

let's hope they will not show something insane in Paris and than a watered down production car in Geneva, that would be disappointing.

it's the place around the windscreen wiper,on the right it's the glass and on the left the front hood...

so it will be a full carbon new prototype... do you think it's the same model showe in the spy pictures?

a comment from another forum....

"saw full pics... Not sure what to think... Design wise car will be contraversial for sure.

Technically some things are supriese for me... I am not sure at all about some things that Lambo choose for this car."

Also from that person who saw it. And I don't doubt that he did, as he's always has a ton of information about VW Group stuff. I think he has contacts with quattro.

Ok... Design wise car is very Lambo like(more aggressive then Murci). BUT... Some elements are not "in natural flow" a ThethetheFerrari or even Audi R8. Car is again big which is not my cup of tea... To me it looks somehow fragile and aggressive-when you see the pics you will know what I am talking about.

Specs... Awsome indeed... BUT... IMHO some aspects are not up to date.

First up massive thanks to 007 for keeping us up to date.

Pulling out my crystal ball here is what is going to happen.

As each pictures goes out speculation is going to rise with more and more rumours being posted online about a car very few people will have actually seen.

People are going to whip themselves up into a messy froth at each picture.  Dissecting the image down and delivering an “experts view” of things to come.

Then Paris comes and Lambo shows up with a future concept study which is going to be used to gauge the interest in the next model which will be released later.  Lambo are effectively flirting with us, showing us a bit of leg and telling us what we could have.

-Releasing the concept first kind of makes sense because finalising the design on a flagship model without some sort of public gauge of reaction makes sense in this day and age.

The people that whipped themselves up in a messy froth will not like it or certainly will not like the majority of it. 70% of the board will not like it.

6 months later the car is release.

The frothy people do not like it.

2 months later they love it.  

First up massive thanks to 007 for keeping us up to date.

Pulling out my crystal ball here is what is going to happen.

As each pictures goes out speculation is going to rise with more and more rumours being posted online about a car very few people will have actually seen.

People are going to whip themselves up into a messy froth at each picture.  Dissecting the image down and delivering an “experts view” of things to come.

Then Paris comes and Lambo shows up with a future concept study which is going to be used to gauge the interest in the next model which will be released later.  Lambo are effectively flirting with us, showing us a bit of leg and telling us what we could have.

-Releasing the concept first kind of makes sense because finalising the design on a flagship model without some sort of public gauge of reaction makes sense in this day and age.

The people that whipped themselves up in a messy froth will not like it or certainly will not like the majority of it. 70% of the board will not like it.

6 months later the car is release.

The frothy people do not like it.

2 months later they love it.  

Well put Captain!

Not sure, but I'm think on friday Lamborghini Show us the second pic teaser, day 13th one more, 17th, 20th, 24th and 27th....