From Paris Motor Show - New Lambo Concept Car

a007apl

The world just doesn't need exotic cars

BLASPHEMY :rant:

I am starting to build up your profile, it's full of adjectives and they aren't all pretty :icon_mrgreen:

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FAA still certified aircraft. Which is much more stringent than DOT. This is in part why even small comparatively simple airplanes cost so much to build. You should see the documentation for the single build of a Citation X!

I've put in a call to the factory about the status. I got a call back but was in a meeting. I should hear something later today.

OK i'm a bit confused.

Boeing certify their own aircaft?

and do some other manufacturers do their own certification too?

Obviously the FAA etc still does for smaller makes.

and surely submittng a real car to be tested and wrecked is not that expensive in the big scheme of things?

Yea, I'm not sure what he's trying to say. My point was that certifying a car for approval in most countries is FAR easier than approval for aircraft. Most who are saying they can't or won't build it are claiming it's because of the use of exotic materials. They forget that that the SV is already substantially CF and it's been used by Lamborghini since the Countach.

The point I've been making is that Lamborghini has been crash testing components (and cars) in their R&D process for a long time now so there is no way to know what's a hurdle and what's not at this stage of the game. Speculating on their ability to certify a car is pointless as none of us know the exact process or status.

People also forget the giant support behind the entire VW group. Technology is shared within the various brands. This was confirmed by both Bugatti and Lamborghini.

They certify their own. They essentially police themselves from a technology/safety stand point and agree to meet/exceed all regs as put forth by the various regulatory bodies and are not inspected. Pretty sure this change occurred in the last 12 or 18 months. If somehow I misunderstood this, someone feel free to set me straight.

I assume that in the US it needs Airbags, pretensioner seat-belts, larger mirrors, front and rear bumpers which support crashes at 10mph without damage, larger mirrors, no plastic windows, third brake light, an interior which is crash safe with no sharp hedges. All will bring it above the TON wight limit.

Beside that it is a Gallardo frame, engine and drive-train, so it will pass EPA tests.

But why not buy a Murci replacement?

Does Winkelman have a giant head or a tiny body?

as long as they make us full carbon Lambos I wouldn't care if he had a wooden leg, a hook for a arm and wear an eye patch.