A few pics/impressions of my SLS

Mr. Vroom

A friend took a few pics at twilight, this car/paint is hard to photog, gonna get a pro to take some later.... but IRL, when it came off the transport I was stunned, it looks so much better than any pics I have seen, has real presence.

MB recomends an easy break in, so I haven't beat on it yet, but the V8 makes good torque and the car feels fast. Ride quality is firm, steering crisp, car is very composed, no doubt it will take the twisties as well as my G, except I won't have to manhandle it, probably won't even use the paddles, as the sport plus shift program works pretty damn good. Cockpit is not so large, but well appointed, sport seats are great, seating position is way cool, LOW, right outta east LA. The exhaust sound is outta Detroit, back when they built muscle cars, and it sounds terriific! Ditto that on the BO sound system. Entry/egress is easier than my G, the doors only need 18" clearance, Initial impressions are that this is a real sports car AND also a car that will do double duty as a badass cruiser.

IMG_0509.JPG

IMG_0510.JPG

IMG_0503.JPG

IMG_0513.JPG

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^

Thanks everyone! No plans for perfomance or cosmetic mods at the current time, but there is plenty of room for turbos up front. Personally, I think this car will be hard to mod tastefully, due to its out there design. Right now I am happy with it as it is. Slowpoke in my case you speak the truth, since MB was still making the 300SL when I was born, slightly over a half century ago..... in any case you should consider one, it might get even you laid, its been a while no? :thefinger:

DSC02818.JPG

DSC02806.JPG

DSC02807.JPG

DSC02816.JPG

Good for you. Car looks great, definitely unique and the doors are trick. Nice shack too. Life is good for you.

Wow, the car looks beautiful. Congrats!

Mod wise, it looks like its sitting a little high, no?

Thanks, nope it looks fine to me.... no front lifter in this car, or a adjustable suspension. After its broken in Im gonna vbox it, see where it stands, think it will be right there with your G.

Car has really grown on me. I like the stance. I saw one in person and that changed it for me. I love the color combo. Is that the special silver paint I keep hearing about? I don't think it needs any mods, car is a great car as it sits. You have the G for that stuff. Congrats on the new car sir, i think you have a winner.

Honestly this car is growing on me a lot. Its gotta feel nice to pull up and throw the gullwing doors up.... Beautiful car bernard.

Yeah it does, and getting in and out is a lot easier then expected, my gf bumped her head once or twice, but hey wtf! :icon_mrgreen:

Good for you. Car looks great, definitely unique and the doors are trick. Nice shack too. Life is good for you.

Thanks, thats not my shack, I slum it down town, and yes life is good! Actually have to solve a parking issue today.....

Car has really grown on me. I like the stance. I saw one in person and that changed it for me. I love the color combo. Is that the special silver paint I keep hearing about? I don't think it needs any mods, car is a great car as it sits. You have the G for that stuff. Congrats on the new car sir, i think you have a winner.

Thanks Chris, yep they call it alubeam, its only been used on one other AMG car, I think the CL65 AMG Black.

Question Mr Vroom. The door handles, now I imagine you do not get as much road crap as we do but do the handles get a load of grime on them?

Too early to tell, but they retract as soon as you drive away, so unless my detailer makes one, I don't think it will be an issue.

perfect color combo! im curious to see/hear about the women age range this car attracts. remember the SLR and G debate lol

I have been dating the same girl for over a year, so generally when I drive, I look straight ahead, even at lights, altough with only a 150 miles on the odo a few women have already made a point of rolling down the windows, smiling, thumbs up, etc..... the benz badge kinda works the same way a Rolex does with the ladies, attracts the majority, whereas a really good Patek will go over their heads..... This is what we want no? :icon_mrgreen:

Too early to tell, but they retract as soon as you drive away, so unless my detailer makes one, I don't think it will be an issue.

I have been dating the same girl for over a year, so generally when I drive, I look straight ahead, even at lights, altough with only a 150 miles on the odo a few women have already made a point of rolling down the windows, smiling, thumbs up, etc..... the benz badge kinda works the same way a Rolex does with the ladies, attracts the majority, whereas a really good Patek will go over their heads..... This is what we want no? :icon_mrgreen:

i dont know if i believe all of this (especially the first part) lol

but hey, im happy if your happy :)