A few pics/impressions of my SLS

Mr. Vroom

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first must do mod.

Thanks for posting that, it sounds good, but I don't think its much of an improvement over stock.

Thanks for posting that, it sounds good, but I don't think its much of an improvement over stock.

I took off my secondary cats and it sounds crazy mean. I have yet to hear the SLS at WOT.

I took off my secondary cats and it sounds crazy mean. I have yet to hear the SLS at WOT.

Its very bassy, loud but not obnoxiously so, lift and it rasps, backfires a bit, best stock exhaust I have ever heard.

Mr.Vroom do you have any more interior shots? I love the red trim.

How difficult is to live with the gulwing doors? Looks like it is quite a stretch to grab them while seated.

Its very bassy, loud but not obnoxiously so, lift and it rasps, backfires a bit, best stock exhaust I have ever heard.

+1 on the best stock V8 exhaust, sounds really racelike and fierce :icon_thumleft:

Lovely car. The best color for it! Enjoy

Do you happen to hate the location of the cruise control stock? I find it amazing I can take a right at a perfect 25mph but I'll never have my directional on. :lol2:

Mr.Vroom do you have any more interior shots? I love the red trim.

How difficult is to live with the gulwing doors? Looks like it is quite a stretch to grab them while seated.

I will post a few in a week or so. The gullwing doors are great, easier to use than the heavy ass G door, im 5'8" but I can grab the door while seated no problem, dunno why the reviewers are making a big deal about it.

Lovely car. The best color for it! Enjoy

Do you happen to hate the location of the cruise control stock? I find it amazing I can take a right at a perfect 25mph but I'll never have my directional on. :lol2:

Yep, and if you do engage right lever, chances are you may hit the wiper knob as well.

• 2 weeks later...
WHERE ARE THE VBOX RESULTS!!!!

Been traveling a lot, only 500 miles on the car, 500 to go before I open her up.

Do you need me to come down and put some miles on it for you? If you ship it up here I can have 1500 on it in two weeks no problem.

Congratulations though, car looks great. Glad to see you are enjoying it! :)

Been traveling a lot, only 500 miles on the car, 500 to go before I open her up.

Can you tell the difference between the "S" and the "S+" settings?

Can you tell the difference between the "S" and the "S+" settings?

Haven't tried S yet, just S+, which shifts in .08 seconds I believe. The manual mode is annoying on this car, you are supposed to watch the shift lights, hit the paddles on red, then there is a slight delay before the the gear is changed. If you look at the tach, you MUST shift before redline, not at it. S+ works seamlessly.

I played around with the sport plus setting yesterday, it does a good job of automating the paddles, will downshift and blip the throttle when slowing/braking, will also select the correct gear coming out of turns or when you kickdown the throttle. The ESP sport setting is also fun, allows a little tire spin, tail wagging, and chirping the wheels off the line. Also drove the G-TT, which in comparision is still the beast! Took some more pics, including some interiors for Fortis, enjoy.

sls1.JPG

sls2.JPG

sls5.JPG

sls6.JPG

sls7.JPG

sls_G.JPG

sls_G2.JPG

sls3.JPG

sls4.JPG

DSC03225.JPG

Guest Rob Burgundy

Love the picture B,thanks for sharing. Slowpoke reminded me of question I wanted to ask. How are the women liking this car? What kind of response are you getting from girls? Strangers? What kind of compliments have you received? How much attention does the car get compared to the GTT? Have you had any complaints besides the manual mode? Do you guys notice the car or is it subtle enough it flies under the radar?

Love the picture B,thanks for sharing. Slowpoke reminded me of question I wanted to ask. How are the women liking this car? What kind of response are you getting from girls? Strangers? What kind of compliments have you received? How much attention does the car get compared to the GTT? Have you had any complaints besides the manual mode? Do you guys notice the car or is it subtle enough it flies under the radar?

Definitely not under the radar and women are all over this car, more so than the G. At gas stations, or valet , wherever I go, I get mobbed with questions, lot of pics taken, etc.

No other complaints, can't wait to take it to the track, it will be a blast, by then I will have the timing figured out for the paddles, but as I said, S+ does a damn good job working the DCT.

Wow.. sick combo... Saw the white version of this with red interior.. stunning. here it is from the Hocking Hills Cruise and another silver one from a drive by in the Lambo!