Things that make you say DAMN!

88 1/2 QV

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just a broken ankle.

I would assume 2nd and 3rd degree burns as well. He slid to a stop from over 200mph (which took forever).

That kind of friction generates some serious heat!

OMG 458...

This occurred in late April during the Ferrari racing days at the famed Suzuka circuit. Driver Shigeru Terajima was driving his yellow 458 when something went very wrong on the front straight. The car spears right after pit out, hitting the safety barrier. The car basically disintegrated.

PAmazingly, Terajima and the nearby corner worker survived the crash. Terajima is in serious condition at the hospital, but it sounds like he'll pull through. The corner worker is also in the hospital, but he seems to be in better shape than Terajima. Unbelievable.

Everyone is slowing down and the Marshall's are waving their arms and clapping so the race is over...Then this guy comes flat out and hits the wall? He either had the throttle stuck, doubtful, or he thought he was passing everyone and didn't realize they were slowing...seems like the race was over and he was still wide open

At 0:15 ... "I'll get off right here"

I'd almost bet "oh shit, brakes don't work, time to bail"

The widowmaker living up to it's name.

every time i see that i look out the window and see angeles crest and think "I can do that" then he slides sideways looking like he is about to go off and my balls shrivel up

every time i see that i look out the window and see angeles crest and think "I can do that" then he slides sideways looking like he is about to go off and my balls shrivel up

I like how he saves it and then calmly turns off the wipers like it ain't no thang.

I need new pants and I wasn't even there.

Btw, Peugeot is back at Pikes Peak with a Peugeot 208 T16. Sebastien Loeb will be the driver. And just so you know, we'll probably shit our pants once more with a video since the car is 875hp for 875kg. 0-62mph in a scant 1.8 seconds. Keep it planted and it'll hit 125 in 4.8 seconds and 150 in 7.0 flat.

1037017[/url]']

Btw, Peugeot is back at Pikes Peak with a Peugeot 208 T16. Sebastien Loeb will be the driver. And just so you know, we'll probably shit our pants once more with a video since the car is 875hp for 875kg. 0-62mph in a scant 1.8 seconds. Keep it planted and it'll hit 125 in 4.8 seconds and 150 in 7.0 flat.

DAMN :headbang:

Very interesting 5 minute video of a Russian plasma experiment in space. It has English subtitles, and it will blow your mind.

Interesting part, when the plasma is cryogenically cooled, it takes on the shape of a DNA strand. When nothing is applied it takes on the shape of a galaxy.

Very interesting 5 minute video of a Russian plasma experiment in space. It has English subtitles, and it will blow your mind.

Interesting part, when the plasma is cryogenically cooled, it takes on the shape of a DNA strand. When nothing is applied it takes on the shape of a galaxy.

WOW! Mind blown!

WOW! Mind blown!

I have a feeling that video will become very popular soon enough. This experiment poses an impressive number of questions and it might get scientists to take plasma cosmology more seriously, which at the moment isn't very popular in academic circles.

fuuuuuccccckkkkkkk

That is awesome.

I have mixed feelings about Pikes Peak being paved bottom to top now. The good thing is now motorcycles can run the race.

Like how they use Phillip Glass music to set the tone for it. However, one thing I am confused on, and maybe this is a mistranslation or my misunderstanding, but the subtitles say that "It appears that plasma isn't really a liquid in the physical sense..." my understanding is that it isn't a liquid at all, that it is when matter is heated beyond the level needed for it to be a gas even. With a gas, you have the individual atoms, just far apart. As a plasma, the gas becomes so superheated and the particles thus start moving so fast that they literally break apart into their components (protons and electrons).

So when the translation says "liquid" does it really mean "fluid" (as both liquids and gases are fluids)?

Like how they use Phillip Glass music to set the tone for it. However, one thing I am confused on, and maybe this is a mistranslation or my misunderstanding, but the subtitles say that "It appears that plasma isn't really a liquid in the physical sense..." my understanding is that it isn't a liquid at all, that it is when matter is heated beyond the level needed for it to be a gas even. With a gas, you have the individual atoms, just far apart. As a plasma, the gas becomes so superheated and the particles thus start moving so fast that they literally break apart into their components (protons and electrons).

So when the translation says "liquid" does it really mean "fluid" (as both liquids and gases are fluids)?

The translation might not be very accurate. If I'm correct, plasma is a state in which atoms are stripped of their electrons either because of extremely high temperatures, or high voltages. Essentially it is the bare nucleus of the atom. Electrons aren't part of the atom's nucleus, the nucleus is formed by protons and neutrons, the electrons sort of orbit them. Plasma occurs naturally in lightning for example.

Maybe he was referring to what the popular idea about plasma is, people tend to imagine it as a fluid due to SciFi. The translation is surely off, I doubt a scientist that works on the ISS would make such mistakes.

Swapnoel is DAMN! She's in St Barths looking fabulous a good part of the year. And I'm not anymore, sucks to be me.