Things that make you say DAMN!

88 1/2 QV

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A neat little site that shows real time air traffic. DAMN at the number of planes out there.

http://www.flightradar24.com/

post-11867-1417858081_thumb.png

And thats not all of them. Just ones that file flight plans.

the scariest part is, if someone wants to kill you, they will.. Almost impossible to stop being blindsided by someone sick like this. I pray for my family and all of my future grandchildren and so on to never stumble across a psychopath like this.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/brazil...-fun/ar-BBgELtS

post-11867-1418540444_thumb.jpg

Amazon basin, Brazil: I was flying over the Amazon alongside an Ashaninka chief who was searching for illegal logging on their lands.It was a bad flight. Grey skies and heavy winds, over a sea of unbroken forest - no sign of humanity all the way to the horizon. Suddenly, down below us, we saw a spot of clearing and this group of isolated Indians. The way they raised their spears and bows against us, it felt like I was witnessing the last line of human resistance against the world the rest of us have made.

Three months after this photo was published, the same group of Indians made their first formal contact with the Ashaninka people and Brazil's national Indian agency (Funai). They said encroaching non-Indians had burned their villages - which lie in a border region with known drug trafficking and illegal logging activity. Immediately after meeting the outsiders, several of the Indians fell ill. Funai says the situation is under control: It provided flu shots and has reopened a local base that it abandoned three years earlier, following an attack by cartel gunmen.

Caption:

Indians who are considered uncontacted by anthropologists react to a plane flying over their community in the Amazon basin near the Xinane river in Brazil's Acre State, near the border with Peru, March 25, 2014. REUTERS/Lunae Parracho

Dudes shaking spears... in 2014.. Holy shit.

Who bankrolled him? How much did he start with? Over what time frame did he make the money?

It has been brought to the attention of the Leaders Investment Club that Mohammed Islam has been rumored to have made $72,000,000 through making trades in the stock market. After performing due diligence and talking with Mohammed Islam himself, we have determined that these claims are false and simply been blown up by the media in the interests of sensationalism. We hold all our members to exacting moral and investing standards, and ask Mohammed Islam to clear up all misinformation surrounding his claims, misconstrued or otherwise. The goal of Leaders Investment Club is to promote the financial education of Millennials, and we disavow affiliation with members who fail to promote accurate and transparent information.

Sincerely,

The Leaders Investment Club Community.

Who bankrolled him? How much did he start with? Over what time frame did he make the money?

+billion. Not saying he's smart, he is but somebody breast feed him how to play and what to play with.

Sounds like massive BS.

This is the second time I called BS on one of these so-called "millionaire stories" before the actual truth was revealed.

http://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/...tlane-lol.57039

How did he confirm it? Like confirm it by speaking in a strong tone? Confirm it with a furrowed brow and a twinkle in his eye? Confirm it by saying "Look, my dining bill is $1,200 and I paid it with my Amex Black!"

Or did he produce a brokerage account statement that started with $1,000 when he was 16, and now it's $72,000,000?

I have not seen any proof to the audacious claim, nor did any article mention proof to the audacious claim other than his word.

I'm sorry as I realize this makes me sound like a "hater" but I typically don't believe these sensationalized stories as the media doesn't care if they're true, vetted, or real -- they want stories that are newsworthy and herd eyeballs.

The first of course, was our friendly Russian Immigrant Anton who made millions clipping coupons, buying duplexes, investing in dividend stocks, and making $28K/year in the armed forces.