Things that make you say DAMN!

88 1/2 QV

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forthman Murff, a 74-year-old man in Monroe County, Miss., who nearly decapitated himself with a chain saw and lived to talk about it.

Cutting timber alone one day, Murff was knocked 10 feet into a ditch by a falling tree, shattering bones in his leg and foot and causing the spinning chain saw to tear into his neck. The chain saw blade ripped through Murff's windpipe, esophagus, several sets of muscle, both external jugular veins and one internal jugular vein. The only structures holding his head to his torso were the cervical spine and carotid arteries.

Murff never lost consciousness. With his head practically hanging by a thread, the spunky Murff dug himself out from beneath the fallen tree. "I saw a stream of blood about the size of my little finger," he told a reporter while recuperating. "It wasn't coming in spurts, so I thought I might have a chance." Despite numerous fractures, a profusely bleeding neck and a severed windpipe, Murff drove his truck one-half mile to his neighbor's house. Doctors at North Mississippi Medical Center successfully reattached his head in surgery. "He is the most amazing patient I've ever had," said Dr. Robert Lowrey. "Just think about walking the length of a football field with your head half cut off."

Forthman Murff, a 74-year-old man in Monroe County, Miss., who nearly decapitated himself with a chain saw and lived to talk about it.

Cutting timber alone one day, Murff was knocked 10 feet into a ditch by a falling tree, shattering bones in his leg and foot and causing the spinning chain saw to tear into his neck. The chain saw blade ripped through Murff's windpipe, esophagus, several sets of muscle, both external jugular veins and one internal jugular vein. The only structures holding his head to his torso were the cervical spine and carotid arteries.

Murff never lost consciousness. With his head practically hanging by a thread, the spunky Murff dug himself out from beneath the fallen tree. "I saw a stream of blood about the size of my little finger," he told a reporter while recuperating. "It wasn't coming in spurts, so I thought I might have a chance." Despite numerous fractures, a profusely bleeding neck and a severed windpipe, Murff drove his truck one-half mile to his neighbor's house. Doctors at North Mississippi Medical Center successfully reattached his head in surgery. "He is the most amazing patient I've ever had," said Dr. Robert Lowrey. "Just think about walking the length of a football field with your head half cut off."

makes the guy who cut his arm off with a swiss army knife that was trapped under a boulder look like a pussy

hahahaha!!

I love the snowed in door with the beer. Genious!

can't wait till the next blizzard. I haven't seen that much snow since i was 5.

Snow is nice to look at the day after the storm....and that's it....sux after that.