Things that make you say DAMN!

88 1/2 QV

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like a BOSS!!

Smooth but check out the guy in the White shirt in front of him.

Now try to explain to your girlfriend why you're such a pussy when you ducked.

Guest Rob Burgundy

Just another day in the life of Arnold Palmer

What you see above is the largest true-color photograph of the night sky ever created, shot by 28-year-old amateur astrophotographer Nick Risinger using six astronomical cameras. It’s not just the view of the sky from one location, but is instead a 360-panoramic view of the sky taken by trekking 60,000 miles across the western United States and South Africa starting in March 2010. The final image is composed of 37,000 separate photographs. Check out the massive zoomable high-definition version of the photo here.

http://www.petapixel.com/2011/05/04/amateu...-the-night-sky/

http://media.skysurvey.org/interactive360/index.html

What you see above is the largest true-color photograph of the night sky ever created, shot by 28-year-old amateur astrophotographer Nick Risinger using six astronomical cameras. It’s not just the view of the sky from one location, but is instead a 360-panoramic view of the sky taken by trekking 60,000 miles across the western United States and South Africa starting in March 2010. The final image is composed of 37,000 separate photographs. Check out the massive zoomable high-definition version of the photo here.

http://www.petapixel.com/2011/05/04/amateu...-the-night-sky/

http://media.skysurvey.org/interactive360/index.html

When I see things like this, it almost makes me think. What we have going on every day is so insignificant to the amount that could potentially be going on out there. SOOO much undiscovered out in space. Wish we didnt have such a huge deficit to climb out of as a nation as I think we need to explore much more out there. Soo much to learn. So many planets like ours undiscovered IMO.

Looking at that makes all of us seem so insignificant.

Current best estimates put the number in excess of 1 sextillion. Or:

1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 36 zero's

It's difficult to know exactly, as we still do not have the technology needed to truly see the edges of our universe. Some put the number in the 100 - 500 septillion range. At this stage in the game, might as well pick the number that sounds coolest. :icon_mrgreen:

ok..so how many stars are there exactly?

Few months ago I posted three vids made by this young guy Antti and everybody loved them.

Here's his new vid and it's a MUST WATCH:

the guy lying on the track in his seat is Martin Donnelly (Lotus F1), that crash at Jerez in 1990 ended his career.

Current best estimates put the number in excess of 1 sextillion. Or:

1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 36 zero's

It's difficult to know exactly, as we still do not have the technology needed to truly see the edges of our universe. Some put the number in the 100 - 500 septillion range. At this stage in the game, might as well pick the number that sounds coolest. :icon_mrgreen:

Sounds about where the debt clock will be by the end of this Presidents term. Unless of course he gets re elected, then it should go higher.

As long as I'm not too far off of the guitar prodigy videos people have been posting...check this guy out

He used to have a lot more videos, and his own channel (NAUDOPRD) - but now I can't seem to find it

That is some mad skill right there.