Gallardo LP 570-4 Blancpain Edition

a007apl

Absolutely gorgeous inside and out. How many special editions have they had now though?

Interesting they chose to use the original Superleggera wheels rather than the current ones.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting they chose to use the original Superleggera wheels rather than the current ones.

There was some left on stock, so what the hell... :icon_thumleft:

I just buy and drive, I do not understand the product positioning of this model.

I would rather buy a superleggera beside the spoiler and the engine bonnet I see no difference.

Wheels are form the previous SL, what is the point?

You guys follow the brand more, do you get it?

looks cool, but i cant wait for the all new G!

is everyone thinking 2013?

No mules exist yet, but I would think a late 2012 production for a MY2013 model makes a lot of sense. They can't possibly let it go longer than that...can they?? :eusa_wall:

Really Audi, is this a Gallardo or a Diablo? I'm confused with this rediculous nearly-ten-year-old platform. Very lame.

Read on another forum that it will be limited to 12 cars with 25k Euro premium! (unverified)

25k is probably too much, 10k would be more acceptable I think the car looks insane.

25k is probably too much, 10k would be more acceptable I think the car looks insane.

I like that Super Trofeo engine lid, even compared to the glass unit. Wing is a bit tall, would love to chop the posts an inch or two, but it does look good.

:iamwithstupid:

the wing is a bit higher than I would like it to be in particular that there isn't anything else on the car to aestethically complement its height , a tad lower would definitely look better.

I like the "duck tail" under the rear wing and the ST engine lid and I am really digging the yellow acents against the black

I was offered one of the few coming to the US... decided to pass when I saw that it didn't have all the S.T. body panels...

20% over MSRP for a hard loaded 570 SL is what I was told...

do like the engine bonnet though not worth 20% to me :)

That wing is sitting way too high and does nothing to improve the look...don't care for it. And sorry, but who the hell wants 'Blancpain' graffiti all over their Lamborghini? I damn sure wouldn't.

Prefer the standard 570 SL over this thing.

I have wanted a ST G for so long. What a waste.

Even more of a shame is what Lambo is doing to the dealers. My local dealer has (2) LP-570-4's on order that are due in November. They ordered them upon release. Already, before they take delivery, there is a *newer* SL style car available, and they released a concept of what would be the starting grounds for the G replacement. Think about that.

No mules exist yet, but I would think a late 2012 production for a MY2013 model makes a lot of sense. They can't possibly let it go longer than that...can they?? :eusa_wall:

Really Audi, is this a Gallardo or a Diablo? I'm confused with this rediculous nearly-ten-year-old platform. Very lame.

makes sense.... so your thinking about 2yrs before the new G?

I have wanted a ST G for so long. What a waste.

Even more of a shame is what Lambo is doing to the dealers. My local dealer has (2) LP-570-4's on order that are due in November. They ordered them upon release. Already, before they take delivery, there is a *newer* SL style car available, and they released a concept of what would be the starting grounds for the G replacement. Think about that.

We all want a ST G, we all demanded a RWD manual car, they gave us one, is anyone buying it?

There is quite a big gap between an enthusiast wish list and your standard exotic car buyer's one. Exotic car manufactures are trading on thin ice between satisfying the bulk of their customers while keeping the enthusiasts happy it is not an easy

task, ultimately they are running businesses that have to turn profits, if they stop turing profits we will stop seeing cars, I am all for them doing whatever they think it is necessary to keep them in the black.

The Blancpain Edition will not affect the 570SL market at all, a handful of cars with a different wing, engine lid and few yellow stickers @ a 20% premium, I don't see how this will impact on current 570 sales.

the current G will very likely be replaced soon after the Murci I am guessing about two years away until we will see it on the road.

Im hearing 3 years for Gallardo replacement..

that gives us plenty of time to start saving our pennies ;)

when do you think the 570 spyder will come?

Absolutely gorgeous inside and out. How many special editions have they had now though?

Because it's a BLANCPAIN edition, so it's based on the original they use on the track...

Something to keep in mind is that with 3 years' wait for the Gallardo replacement (and I firmly believe Allan's source is correct, because the Gallardo seems to operate on the same 10-year release schedule as the Murcielago - both received their facelifts five years in), we're bound to see a couple more major derivatives of the existing car. I wouldn't give up on a proper ST-esque road car just yet.

• 3 weeks later...