GT2 RS is going into build...

Mike_S

Thanks guys.

The GT2 RS is so very different from everything else. The only car that can compare to it in rawness is the Superleggera. The RS has a tiny bit of noise when idling as I suspect due the single mass fly wheel.

It picks up RPM almost as fast the the Carrera GT and for a turbocharged car that is simply amazing. The car itself is quite easy to drive, you will get vibrating when pulling away on inclines due to the fly wheel.

Short shift is the same as on the GT3, so no different there.

The steering is super sharp and very light. It lets you feel all the different surfaces of the road as well. The brakes are insane, the car comes to a stop easier than any car I have driven before. The car is quite quiet on low RPM, but on higher RPM it has a very strange thundering noise. Never owned a watercooled turbocharged Porsche, so it's unique to me. The best part of it is the acceleration! You can barely shift quick enough for this car, I'm constantly hitting 120mph just driving around casually. I am not even redlining the car yet as I want to do 600 miles before so. Apparently you can go mad from the minute you pick the car up, but I'm precautious and prefer to run the car in.

The interior is also really nice with the black/red combination. Certainly very different for me. The cabin is quite noisy - the tires contribute quite a lot to that, but the plastic rear windows and lack of soundproofing are also a factor. You can hear every small stone the car picks up. I don't know what was done to the chassis, but this car's front right tire lifts about 1 and a half feet everytime I go up my driveway. It doesn't have a single creak sound while doing so. The suspension is very firm, but also very nice. Not too harsh at all.

I'm very satisfied in general with the car, once you get used to it, it's about as easy to drive as my Carrera S Cab is.

Old-school beast.

Probably will wind up being one of the last of its kind, perfect car to usher out what we'll look back on in 30 years as the "golden years" of enthusiast cars...when we're all driving battery-powered golf carts and a manual transmission is something kids will look at like we look an engine crank from 1910 today...

Congrats!!!!! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

Old-school beast.

Probably will wind up being one of the last of its kind, perfect car to usher out what we'll look back on in 30 years as the "golden years" of enthusiast cars...when we're all driving battery-powered golf carts and a manual transmission is something kids will look at like we look an engine crank from 1910 today...

Congrats!!!!! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

I don't think so, if there is one car that will be remembered for its pureness it's definitely the Porsche 996 GT3 RS.

I don't think so, if there is one car that will be remembered for its pureness it's definitely the Porsche 996 GT3 RS.

Defintely. But when history looks at this era they'll group together a bunch of cars, and all of these hardcore Porsches will be included. :icon_thumleft:

It's sad, but some day within the next 50-100 years the sportscar will be over for whatever reason, I'm glad we were born early enough to enjoy them at their pinnacle. :icon_mrgreen:

It's sad, but some day within the next 50-100 years the sportscar will be over for whatever reason, I'm glad we were born early enough to enjoy them at their pinnacle. :icon_mrgreen:

Exactly, the only difference is that I think the end of the sports car as we know it it's much closer than we anticipate, with computers now taking care of most of your driving we aren't that far off, remember the manual transmission?

Whatever happened with that? :icon_mrgreen:

Less than 4 years ago you were considered to be a fag if you talked about the e-gear, remember the slogan: "Real men drive manuals!" ?

Now everyone cries for DCT's, in the next few years there will be a huge demand for Asimo's cousin to drive you around because he can squeeze that important fraction of a millisecond from 0-60.