Shadowman and Discovery Automotive...

TURBOALEX

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a Ford GT owner and for now, a paid GT Forum member. Additionally, I am very disappointed with DBK's decision to lock the associated threads and sequester all comments pertaining to this unfortunate situation. For some reason his goal is to keep this situation quiet; however, by doing so he ignores the interests of all other forum members who may get burned by a forum sponsor or personal friend. I joined the GT Forum for help and information with my Ford GT purchase, not to wonder if I’m getting complete information, the partial truth, or only some of the opinions posted. As of today I do not trust the forum to provide the most accurate or unbiased information available. Why DBK may be protecting Shadowman is uncertain, however, with his actions I for one will not renew my paid subscription to the GT Forum just as I won’t subscribe to the National Enquirer, creditability. Sequestering of information, comments, or opinions from the citizens of the United States is not only wrong but also a violation of our first amendment. Perhaps he and Shadowman have a close personal relationship or there is some underlying reason DBK wishes to keep things quiet, I do not know? What I do know is that ultimately it will be up to DBK to answer that question to all forum members or suffer the fate of fewer members as time passes. In this country everyone’s voice should be heard just as his or her vote should be counted. Best of luck to the two parties involved and I certainly hope Ray is taken care of.

I'd hate to lose my "creditability".

The thread is locked because uninvolved parties throwing in their .02 cents doesn't help Ray get his car back, get a new car, or get money to cover the costs incurred by the wreck. Goal number #1 is to try and get Ray and his situation sorted. That's why the situation was kept quiet for weeks, to give Shadowman a chance to resolve it to Ray's satisfaction. I even sent Shadowman an email on Ray's behalf detailing the likely outcome (this) if it wasn't. If conjecture and hypothesis did that, it'd be open. But hey, I'll give you one guess as to who told Ray to post his version of events. Yes, in my efforts to keep this quiet, I told Ray on the phone to post the thread in response to Shadowman's recounting of events. :rolleyes: The thread would have never been started if Shadowman hadn't started his first, because the goal was to get him to do the right thing for Ray, not to have random people flog him on the net.

For the record, you could choose to contact me about it, rather than register to complain on LamboPower. Then again, I doubt this is actually a GT-owning forum guy. If you can prove it, I'll give you $500, which you can then use towards a community college course to get a better understanding of the U.S Constitution and its amendments.

For yet one more record, Ray is a close personal friend of mine, who I talk to frequently, whose house I have stayed at many times, and our families have been on many trips together. I can count my real life interactions with Shadowman (who was never a forum sponsor) on one hand. Who are you again?

this:

"We never discussed a cost for me to do this at any point prior to her arrival or while she was with me because from my perspective I was simply a friend helping a friend at this point largely because I was very aware of ....."

is lawyer semantics for: as your friend, i fucked up your car and YOU and YOUR insurance company are going to pay for it.

Sounds like a formulated response, i hate this guy and the use of the word gal! what a D.B. A lot of us here own businesses; there is a rule, it's called 'the law', you fcuk it up you fix it. My blood boils reading anything he writes, you can just tell he is a bullshit artiest. By his posts i feel he missed his real calling ... a fiction writer. i can't get anymore graphic than " i hope he dies a painfull slow death and soon"

just my 2 cents.

gal gal gal gal gal... so irritating...

As much as he calls his clients - friends and/or forum friends and their cars - gals, it doesn't change the fact that he was running a business. Small one, side one, toy one or a full time one doesn't make any difference. He should have had the proper insurance coverage.

:iamwithstupid: Thats the bottom line. He could have been as careful as possible and done everything right but none of that is an excuse for not having proper insurance for the business he is in. I would bet that is probably mandatory in his state/county and he will have more issues to come.

First I didn't contact you because I wish to remain a member in good standing of the GT Forum and not be "booted" for asking that members be allowed to voice their experiences or opinions in the open forum. I registered here under a different handle to openly voice my concerns while avoiding any conflict or retaliation from the GT Forum, which until today I have really enjoyed. As far as your sarcastic remark about my education, been there, done that BSEE, MBA who in the future will use the spellchecker to be sure the word “credibility” is spelled accurately. Your 500.00 carrot is not important to me and law is a profession I choose not to study or embark upon.

DBK, It is not my intent in any way to pass judgment on either party involved in this very sad ordeal; I do not know the entire story. What I do want is the ability to make good decisions for my future endeavors and the more information I am able to gather about a subject the better the decision I am able to make. Until today the GT Forum has provided what I consider to be accurate and un-censored information. All I hope for is that you re-open the threads in the “General Discussion” area thereby allowing anyone who has had problems the ability to speak up and provide ALL members with better and more up to date information.

Like I thought. :rolleyes:

I'm not hiding behind a keyboard with my identity or my rationale. You don't have to either. Why would I "boot" you for asking me why the thread was closed? If you really want to be a man, give me your phone number, I'll call you right now, and we can talk about it instead of this juvenile hiding behind keyboard shit. Like I explained, people's third party opinions do nothing to get Ray his car, a new car or financial remedy. All this peripheral static does nothing to help Ray. I don't care if third parties want to join in the fun to feel cool thrashing Shadowman.

Ray started the thread to give people his version of events and make them aware of the situation. That's been done. If you're looking for "the ability to make good decisions", that's all the info you need. If Ray wants to update further, that's his choice. If other people have had problems, they are free to start their own threads.

Anyways, I still don't think you're actually a GT-owning forum member, and I can say with certainty you won't be proving me wrong...

DBK, I just wanted to state that I feel your responses are very well stated for a forum owner/operator to one of his 'claimed' clients. It's common to see people wiggle when they have someone making accusations towards them, especially when the accuser is a client. In summation, it is refreshing to see someone not bend at the thought of losing a customer and stick to their guns. Very refreshing.

Allan, saw your post on L4P. I commented on it to keep it going, and it looks like it is really picking up steam also. Good of you to go out of your way for Ray.

Ray, I'm terribly sorry to hear all of this. If there is anything that we can do please let us know. Be it hiring strippers (I think you and the wife could use one at this point) or helping in any way possible. Hope that everything gets better for you and yours.

Best

Ahhh yeah, that "gal" shit is creepy as fcuk.

It actually makes my skin crawl. Its as lame as a flaccid cock and twice as gay

Allan, thanks for posting his post from the GT forum. I'm not an automotive engineer, but IMO the odds of his story being true (that he was tooling along at 60-65 mph when the car suddenly "was thrown" off the road backwards due to some horrible mechanical failure) are roughly equivalent to finding a small cannister of plutonium in your Happy Meal. It might be theoretically possible, but it's so unlikely it can't be taken seriously. The failure to have insurance or take responsibility for the loss is of course the major issue, but things would have gone a lot better if he had been candid about what happened rather than insulting everyone's intelligence with that ridiculous story. BTW some of those posts about his BMW problems are amazing too--one guy paid him $70k for the "600 hp" option on an M5, which he later claimed meant 600 CRANk hp, and the car apparently never ran right or made much power. Gallardo turbo systems are a bigger bargain than I thought!

CONFIRMED:

Shadowman was abducted by Aliens, probed, lost consciousness while driving the gal.

Memories...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Chin

Another issue I ran into with Shadowman is his advertising method on Lambo-power. I'm pretty lenient on the board. Yeah, every board is going to have spammers, or people trying to get business out, I understand. I did the same thing. But I told Shadowman that people were complaining about his signature and how he links his site in every post he makes...

Yet, he goes on Lambo-power and Ferrari chat constantly advertising products he carries in his on [sp] little way. And, he's private messaging my customers behind my back to gain more business...

Anger, sarcasm and emotion are generally not the best traits one would exercise when asking for a phone number or attempting to resolve differences of opinion. They are also not the type of behavior people normally respect or respond well to. There is no reason to involve myself in what I’m sure would be a detrimental telephone conversation. The disturbing fact is that I had to come to this forum to find additional information on the topic you acting as the forum moderator chose to prevent from becoming public domain. What you don’t realize is that I was contemplating sending my car (I will never refer to as a gal again) to Shadowman to have a Whipple and a few other minor modifications done. Had I done this within the past few weeks and then found these posts I would have been furious. The one thing both you and Shadowman have in common at this point is the ability to do the right thing, good luck.

All this peripheral static does nothing to help Ray.

if it isn't already, this will soon be ALL about attorneys and insurance companies.

bottom line: you had better know who you are doing business with because most EVERYONE'S honor has a financial limit.

as an aside, i don't know either party and there are two sides to every story but the internet is all about sharing experiences and information.

as long as everyone is respectful, censorship has very limited positive value relative to the internet and personally i don't think that locked threads

accomplish much, other than nurturing ill feelings..

His website does not give the impression that he is trying to be a "ma and pa" shop.

I beleive this shop is pretty big in the BMW M3 world as well.

http://www.discovery-automotive.com/portal...ducts&id=50

We have caught on, his reputation in the BMW world isn't as good as you think: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthread.php?...light=discovery

I will admit when I saw some of the Discovery builds posted I was impressed. It has taken a while for the shit to come to the surface so to speak.

This will be the front page story on my site and I will make sure to help get the word out on what Shadowman has done. I'm sorry this has happened to a good enthusiast, I wish the best to Peak in all of this and thank you Allan for spreading the word.

Anger, sarcasm and emotion are generally not the best traits one would exercise when asking for a phone number or attempting to resolve differences of opinion. They are also not the type of behavior people normally respect or respond well to. There is no reason to involve myself in what I’m sure would be a detrimental telephone conversation. The disturbing fact is that I had to come to this forum to find additional information on the topic you acting as the forum moderator chose to prevent from becoming public domain. What you don’t realize is that I was contemplating sending my car (I will never refer to as a gal again) to Shadowman to have a Whipple and a few other minor modifications done. Had I done this within the past few weeks and then found these posts I would have been furious. The one thing both you and Shadowman have in common at this point is the ability to do the right thing, good luck.

People that hide behind their keyboards are one of my top 5 pet peeves. When I see that it makes me sarcastic. That's just the way it is. I swear though, offer is still open and we'll call it water under the bridge. Still not gonna happen though, because like I said, you're not a GT-owning forum member and I don't buy that you're afraid I'm gonna yell at you on the phone. If you are, I swear, I'm not. I just get offended by baseless accusations by anonymous cowards. Again, no offense.

Are you trying to say that if you had just read what Ray posted, you were still gonna send your car there? If you're saying the difference between you sending your car to someone is whether or not there are uninvolved people commenting on a thread in which the thread starter says "I sent my car to location X and they totaled my car and then didn't take care of it", I can offer you no help.

So the thread is still there, just doesn't allow for new posts? If so, that seems fine. As long as people can still read what happened, that's good enough. No one in their right mind will be sending their cars there again, regardless of what other people comment.

Now if the thread can't be viewed and everything deleted, well, that's another story. Leave what's been said, but I don't think it needs further commenting.

So the thread is still there, just doesn't allow for new posts? If so, that seems fine. As long as people can still read what happened, that's good enough. No one in their right mind will be sending their cars there again, regardless of what other people comment.

Now if the thread can't be viewed and everything deleted, well, that's another story. Leave what's been said, but I don't think it needs further commenting.

Locked and STUCK.

I'm with abolfaz on this one - Shadowman aka William E. Knobloch would need a business license, home occupational license, something to operate his shop especially out of home. Certainly one requirement would be carrying garagekeeper's legal liability or direct primary. My guess is he has legal liability which forces peak to claim on his policy thereby allowing Knobloch to avoid the massive increase in premiums over the subsequent years.

Ergo, he fcuking lied when he stated he had no insurance.

Edit: GAL

Shadowscums post regarding the accident:

Shadowman's Horrific Accident

... I was called and asked by a friend aka Ray if I could take a look at his gal, this after she had been with another for several months to see if she was able to be made ready to be enjoyed at the Rally; without so much as a blink of an eye I said absolutely. Now IMO the stages for such a request were made when I assisted Ray with another of his gals a year earlier when we were in Texas so for me the fact that I was asked was rather cool. We never discussed a cost for me to do this at any point prior to her arrival or while she was with me because from my perspective I was simply a friend helping a friend at this point largely because I was very aware of that which he had gone through up that point. I remember chatting with Chip soon after she arrived during which he said; if there is anything that you can do to insure that Ray can have fun with his gal at the Rally it would be very cool because that past few years have had him at the Rally with gals that he could not drive to which I said that I planned to do everything in my power to make this happen....

Takes care

Shadowman

As soon as you read that sentence, the true intention of his post is 100% clear. It's the perfect excuse in his eyes, he was only "helping a friend out" so therefore his shop can't be held liable. That's actually really lame, imo. Personally knowing several people that have dropped serious money with him, he has absolutely no reservations about billing his clients LARGE sums of money.

He needs to step up to the plate and do the right thing...

if it isn't already, this will soon be ALL about attorneys and insurance companies.

bottom line: you had better know who you are doing business with because most EVERYONE'S honor has a financial limit.

as an aside, i don't know either party and there are two sides to every story but the internet is all about sharing experiences and information.

as long as everyone is respectful, censorship has very limited positive value relative to the internet and personally i don't think that locked threads

accomplish much, other than nurturing ill feelings..

Same thing I was going to say but being just an "Enthusiast" I knew my opinion would have been null and void.

Ray good luck with this. Hopefully this will turn out good for you, you seem like a stand up guy from what I have heard from many other people.