Shadowman and Discovery Automotive...

TURBOALEX

Man what a shitty situation, sounds like Shadowman may be sporting a neckbrace when he sees his lawyer on Monday and starts the spinning the blame game.....lesson learned, get a copy of, and confirm your tuner/shop has insurance. Sorry about the loss Ray, that car was a classic.

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is painful to read! Hope all works out to your benefit.

On the bright side, looks like Mr. ''Shadowman'' can kiss his ''business'' good bye forever....BYE BYE!

And bye, bye to his 670 SV, too!

Hope the ''Shadowman'' enjoyed his little run, cuz it's all about to come crashing down on him big-time!

His website does not give the impression that he is trying to be a "ma and pa" shop.

I beleive this shop is pretty big in the BMW M3 world as well.

http://www.discovery-automotive.com/portal...ducts&id=50

The website is weird as well though. All the "Shadowman" and Area 51 references, and the description of their personnel would be pretty strange for a reputable, professional tuner. I gather the guy was really big into the GT scene though, and may have gotten most of his GT customers from the GT Forum? Speaking of which, what's up with the GT Forum "moving" both Ray's and "Shadowman's" threads on the incident to somewhere where they aren't viewable by casual members? It's a closed forum to begin with, and I have few if any posts over there although I registered to read it a few years back, but I can't view either of those threads. Seems like whoever runs that forum is afraid of their "shadow" or something. :eusa_naughty:

Ray is a class guy as usual, but if it were me I'd sue the guy's beard off.

never heard about him until now, but just the nick alone made me very suspicious to begin with, I mean calling your self SHADOWMAN as a business owner, really??

Peak-nail this fcuking guy to the wall.

No business liability insurance means he has to fork over the money for the car. I would do it quickly though as he may already be consulting a lawyer regarding asset protection (if he is smart).

Can't believe he had the nerve to even think of trying to make YOUR insurance company pay for his "supposed" injuries.

Speaking of which, what's up with the GT Forum "moving" both Ray's and "Shadowman's" threads on the incident to somewhere where they aren't viewable by casual members? It's a closed forum to begin with, and I have few if any posts over there although I registered to read it a few years back, but I can't view either of those threads. Seems like whoever runs that forum is afraid of their "shadow" or something. :eusa_naughty:

I moved it into the owners section so the 1,000+ guys that actually own GT's can read or comment on it. Shadowman is already going to get crucified over this regardless of which section it's in. No offense to anyone, but some kid that drives Mazda 6 telling Ray what he would do if it were him is totally useless.

This kind of SH%^ pisses me off to no end. People need to realize that they screwed up and they need to man up and face their responsibility, especially in this situation but also in a lot of other things in life. I cant stand people who have no respect for other peoples things.

Best of luck to you Ray.

I think you should sue. Sounds like this is his modus operandi. From the comments it looks like he is a repeat offender and will continue these types of behaviors unless he finds out their are serious consequences for his actions.

I am pretty positive you could get him shut down, operating without the appropriate licenses and no gl insurance would seem to be the way to go. He probably has no worker's comp as well...

I moved it into the owners section so the 1,000+ guys that actually own GT's can read or comment on it. Shadowman is already going to get crucified over this regardless of which section it's in. No offense to anyone, but some kid that drives Mazda 6 telling Ray what he would do if it were him is totally useless.

I understand your point about the kid with the Mazda 6, but what about the owners of all the other types of cars this guy apparently works on? Not my call (and I went over there to read what "Shadowman" posted about the incident, not to post), but it seems to me there ought to be another way to deal with it without limiting the size of the audience so drastically. Maybe someone will cut and paste his post in this thread like they did with Ray's.

I understand your point about the kid with the Mazda 6, but what about the owners of all the other types of cars this guy apparently works on? Not my call (and I went over there to read what "Shadowman" posted about the incident, not to post), but it seems to me there ought to be another way to deal with it without limiting the size of the audience so drastically. Maybe someone will cut and paste his post in this thread like they did with Ray's.

Where is this shop.

Generally I would agree with the approach, but in this case it's more of a public service announcement for all car guys than a Ford GT community inner family drama by the kitchen counter. Your call, obviously, it's just my two not-even-Mazda-6-owning cents. :icon_thumleft:

from his website it looks like he has a busy shop... I would sue him for the cost of the car...

there was a similar incident where a FGT shop (who took a bunch of FGT owners for a ride) was going to make hardtops for the Murcie roadster; but before anyone was to put a downpayment, a couple of guys were able to bring this up and avoided some costly headaches:

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthre...n-t-have-my-top

What a shitty situation. What will most likely happen is Ray's insurance company will pay him for the car, raise his rates or drop him and they will be the ones that will go after Shadowman to recover losses. Although it would be nice to see the guy get his ass kicked it would do more harm than good. The best way to deal with this guy is to do what you guys are doing and let everyone in the car world know about him and his business will be finished. What kind of a loser would pose around in a Lambo while not carrying business insurance becasue it costs too much? This guy will be finished in the tuning biz.