So according to this

Allan-Herbie

Brian from your posts I believe you are an intelligent young man. I also believe you antagonize our members and sponsors simply for sport and have a comment somewhere admitting as much. Trolling and threadshitting are not allowed on this website.

Your comments both in this and the Fabspeed thread were silly. Don't get yourself suspended or banned.

Kane is the one hawking my every post. He always feels the need to post stupid shit. If he doesn't agree with something I say, maybe he could try and make a legitimate remark as opposed to calling me an idiot and playing up his tough guy persona. He gets his buddy pass, I get it, but at least hold someone up to the same standards as everyone else. Where is the integrity in that? Where is the integrity in changing my signature and avatar? I'm flattered and find it hilarious that people go to such lengths about things. I actually think they are the retarded ones because I could never even imagine caring enough about anything/anyone to bother which such things dumb things haha.

But back to Kane. I post something and he makes some hostile remark toward me for no reason. I make a thread about buying a car and he claims my wife (not married btw) won't let me have it and that I cant afford it (still make high 6 figures/year without working anymore btw) and blah blah blah blah blah. And you think I'm the instigator? He does it so often that even Mako made a comment about it just above. I antagonize him because he deserves it, it riles him up, and because it takes me like 5 seconds and very little effort. If you'd like me to stop, I will, but then I'd like you to politely ask him to shut the fcuk up if he has nothing nice to say. I may not always pay everyone nice complements about their cars and products, but I don't just spit insults and I always give a reason for what I say.

I don't troll anyone. I have better things to do that troll some idiot on a message board or harass sponsors. In fact, I have no interest in either unless it's purely in jest. And if it is in jest and they don't know, I always say so after the fact. If it's not alright to give sponsors negative feedback or responses, say so and I won't. I've actually made an effort lately to throw in the typical 'nice work' comment just to lighten the mood because I feel like people can't take criticism. This is not a group sympathy session and I don't see why I shouldn't be able to say what I honestly think about stuff. If someone is going to post pictures of their car or their products, they should be subject to praise and criticism alike. I'm not here to be everyone's friend. I'm here to participate.

The Fabspeed comment about their dyno results was not uncalled for. I corrected myself when I saw that the 87 whp gain was not max hp, but at a certain RPM. However, I've seen their dyno chart of a F430 on the dyno jet with air box, filters, and exhaust valves (IIRC) and I referenced a post made by someone at Fabspeed saying the typical F430 with F1 gearbox puts about 420 whp. Knowing that, is it not valid to question why the 458 has 80hp more at the crank and only 25-30 more at the wheels? The quality of their work and end results are not suspect and I'm sure both are great, but I simply find it hard to believe that the 458 put down that number. Cue Kane's comments about me having my head up my ass or something.

As for the SV body kit thread, I thought that unless you just wanted CF weave to be visible, buying CF parts for pieces of the body that don't really benefit from the material is kind of pointless considering the cost. Spoilers and diffusers that encounter strong forces due to air need to be strong enough as not to deform. However, something that doesn't experience these forces and hardly saves any weight seems kind of dumb. Stuff looks nice though, I won't deny that, but imo some parts would be better made from cheaper materials.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some fakes are REALLY good.... my neighbor came over with a rolex deep sea dweller for me to look at, someone came to him with it, wanted to sell it for $1500.... I told em it's a $9k watch, and why in the world would he sell it to you for $1500 when any pawn shop would easily give him double that....

I looked at it, I have a couple rolexes, and it looked/felt real to me, but in the end, I said it's too good to be true, and it's probably fake... sure enough, he took it to a jeweler who opened the back, and there was some chinese parts inside... :)

I'm pretty sure I can pick out the fake rolex, it has a different feel (weight , material)

So then why do you have a 560 front end on a Gallardo?

This argument does have merit. Customization of a car with aftermarket parts that mimic actual Lambo cars do at least in some small way mimic a replica. Even in you are starting with a base model of an actual Lambo vehicle. It's no different than some idiot with a chevy truck putting on an Escalade front end. It's why TommyJames hates SV kits. It's why basically it's illegal to do, but not necessarily followed by lawsuits.

this has seemed to get very off topic

this makes me think of the top gear survey when something like 91% of people who called about Ferraris didn't actually own a Ferrari

Kane isn't getting a free pass however we're talking about you right now not him. My previous statements stand.

Now let's get back to talking about these shitty watches (although I checked the site and some of them are quite good :lol2: )

This argument does have merit. Customization of a car with aftermarket parts that mimic actual Lambo cars do at least in some small way mimic a replica.

Not at this level IMO. It's arguable that the vast majority of the 20 or so L-Power members who have done the mod could afford an actual LP560, particularly at their current prices for an 09. Unlike the chevy truck example, these modders could buy the Escalade without a problem.

To me this is akin to adding a G-SL wing or a set of custom wheels. It's just because they prefer the look, it's not trying to pass the car as an LP560.

Kane isn't getting a free pass however we're talking about you right now not him. My previous statements stand.

Now let's get back to talking about these shitty watches (although I checked the site and some of them are quite good :lol2: )

If only those LP560 front ends were made by CORUM... :icon_mrgreen:

Not at this level IMO. It's arguable that the vast majority of the 20 or so L-Power members who have done the mod could afford an actual LP560, particularly at their current prices for an 09. Unlike the chevy truck example, these modders could buy the Escalade without a problem.

Agreed. Especially for the 1st-gen Super G owners. They prefer the looks of the revised bumper but Lambo didn't offer a LP5x0 Super G at that time so a bumper will make do. As the "older" Lambo is still 100% a Lambo through & through, it's not unlike adding a new leather strap to a good & genuine watch or in case of a Rolex, some may choose to add a gemstone bezel to suit their "taste".

I would admit that some of the fakes look like legitimate fair-quality mechanical calibre. Kind of sad really...if the movement is legit, why not just come up with a genuine case and market your own brand for the masses. ("Copying" a case from the famous brand surely takes more or less the same amount of labour.)

If only those LP560 front ends were made by CORUM... :icon_mrgreen:

Yup, if RM makes one --- probably would cost more than a genuine Lambo OEM piece. :icon_mrgreen:

I was just checking out some of the replica watches. Man some reach into the $800 range!

Could care less if I were marooned on a desert island and a flawless replica washed up on shore...it would still get thrown back into the ocean.

If I know it's a fake then I wouldn't be able to mentally enjoy what it represents in terms of design, technology, history, etc.

And on that note, the newest AP was announced last week, Jarno Truli finally gets his own edition. Looks sharp.

Avert your eyes Brian, I don't want your girlish stomach getting queasy at this "boring watch that everyone has" :icon_mrgreen:

My local watch guy was saying they were having issues with the carbon peeling?

My local watch guy was saying they were having issues with the carbon peeling?

That was something that apparantly happened in the first-gen process with the first model they did, but supposedly they "corrected" that issue last year.

Newer carbon cases like the bumble bee and other 2010 units shouldn't have issues but you never know.

That was something that apparantly happened in the first-gen process with the first model they did, but supposedly they "corrected" that issue last year.

Newer carbon cases like the bumble bee and other 2010 units shouldn't have issues but you never know.

Gotcha, thanks for the info. Love the carbon AP watches.

Try sending a watch in for service. Sometimes I question my taste for watches, all my other high end purchases deliver a much better customer safisfaction experience. the watch industry as a whole is "fcuk you, pay me".

Try sending a watch in for service. Sometimes I question my taste for watches, all my other high end purchases deliver a much better customer safisfaction experience. the watch industry as a whole is "fcuk you, pay me".

Very true. Even Alex and Dad who are huge AP buffs have bitched about AP's rapidly decreasing levels of service, ultra-slow turn times, and the overall experience lately.

I just read this.

Do I really have to say something!

Yes!! but if I may suggest aim it at BrianWilsonUK.. Just sayin, that all.

Guest Rob Burgundy
Exactly.

post-3504-1288307165.jpg

LULZ!!!! I think that cloth was imported from China. It looks like real cotton,but it's much better and only cost half the price.

Here's an interesting idea. What do you think would happen if you put a real Rolex up for sale at $1000 in the classifieds, but told everyone that it was a replica? Think it would sell?

To a Nigerian who would send you a check for $1500 and then ask you to send him the watch and a check for $500.

Kane, you can post it.

I just picked up some of that cheap chinese cloth last night. Took about 3 weeks, several fittings, and only about $1000. Compare that to the stuff you can find in the new Tom Ford flagship or your favorite, and I cringe when I say it, ready-to-wear high-end oxymoron. Fabric is better, fit is custom, and it's completely bespoke.

http://www.wwchan.com/fx/ShopsGallery.html

To me this is akin to adding a G-SL wing or a set of custom wheels. It's just because they prefer the look, it's not trying to pass the car as an LP560.

Exactly my point. If you aren't trying to pass it off as the real thing, then what's the problem? If someone asks you about it and you tell them that you just like the look and it's fake, what's the big deal? It's not the same as putting a body kit on a Fiero because the Fiero does not do what a real Lamborghini can do. However, a replica watch does exactly the same thing. It keeps time and sometimes probably more accurately.

The problem is that you wouldn't feel comfortably enough wearing a fake for some reason. I'm guessing this is due to the social stigma related to being caught wearing a replica. It's not like a fake watch burns your skin. If RM dealer sent you a replica instead of the real deal, I'm sure you'd proudly wear it until you found out. It's just a mind set.

If you aren't trying to impress anyone, then why not just wear the replica at a fraction of the cost and very similar in looks? We both know that 99.9% of people don't know anything about watches or brands, and that the RM name means nothing to the average person. You won't find good replicas of all watches, but there are tons of good ones. Even FireGTS said he couldn't tell the difference between the Rolex.

That said, I would ask are you really not trying to impress anyone, or are you not trying to impress anyone other than people who are into watches?

I'm not trying to convert any of you guys to the replica side of things. If you said that you are paying for the design, materials, craftsmanship, complexity, etc, then I agree you should stick with the orginal. If you are just buying it because you like how it looks, well, then that's kind of questionable depending on how good the replica looks. For example, Rolex makes 100K watches per year. How on Earth could those be worth anything?

I personally don't buy replicas, but then again, I don't collect watches nor am I interested in complexity. Just looks.