FYI-Countach Suspension Joint Failure

87-Countach

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you keep referring to the "new" heims coming from Kurt. There are no new ones, simply re-pressing the bushing/collar of the ones we all have in our posession to tighten them up, and then they will be sent back to us. Just thought clarification was needed on that point.

Some of you keep referring to the "new" heims coming from Kurt. There are no new ones, simply re-pressing the bushing/collar of the ones we all have in our posession to tighten them up, and then they will be sent back to us. Just thought clarification was needed on that point.

Uhmmm... Really? it looked to me on ebay that it was a set including all new rods etc. People didn't send in their old ones for him to rebuild. He sent them all NEW joints. Otherwise how would people still be driving their cars that haven't installed his kit yet?

Anyway, those dumb hicks trying to drive a Countach on youtube is just painful to watch. How the Hell did anyone let that happen? Most of those fat guys don't even fit in it !!!! And for Alberto, I have much respect for you bringing that car back to life, but i also remember when you came on here and complained about its condition once you realized how bad it was, that Brian offered to buy it right back.

Here is where we stand as of today with the joints.

I want people to know that this is not some flash in the pan order that was placed with the supplier and wham bham here are your parts without any due diligence being performed.

The manufacturer was approached to make the joints, said manufacturer made samples to evaluate, samples were sent over and inspected for fitment and accuracy. Approval was given based on the samples provided. Goods were manufactured and sold to the end user. A couple customers have complained that the joints became sloppy after driving.

I'm not passing the buck here or going away, i WANT to make these parts work, hell i don't want people getting pissed off with me because this part doesn't work, it sucks when you guys get mad & pissed off & i get nasty emails from people telling me they are going to sue me and what not.

So, lets get this sorted.

Modified parts are being put on a car in the next couple weeks and the car will be driven. It will then be pulled back in the shop and inspected, if the problem still exists, then i will advise on the solution.

This will probably take upto 4 weeks, but if after 4 weeks give or take i don't have an answer yet, i will report this to you guys, if the fix is a permanent solution, then excellent i will be over the moon.

One other test i'm going to have performed is to rockwell harden test the joints, i will report back with stock and replacement #'s in the next few weeks as well, so hang in there and we'll work through it.

Here is where we stand as of today with the joints.

I want people to know that this is not some flash in the pan order that was placed with the supplier and wham bham here are your parts without any due diligence being performed.

The manufacturer was approached to make the joints, said manufacturer made samples to evaluate, samples were sent over and inspected for fitment and accuracy. Approval was given based on the samples provided. Goods were manufactured and sold to the end user. A couple customers have complained that the joints became sloppy after driving.

I'm not passing the buck here or going away, i WANT to make these parts work, hell i don't want people getting pissed off with me because this part doesn't work, it sucks when you guys get mad & pissed off & i get nasty emails from people telling me they are going to sue me and what not.

So, lets get this sorted.

Modified parts are being put on a car in the next couple weeks and the car will be driven. It will then be pulled back in the shop and inspected, if the problem still exists, then i will advise on the solution.

This will probably take upto 4 weeks, but if after 4 weeks give or take i don't have an answer yet, i will report this to you guys, if the fix is a permanent solution, then excellent i will be over the moon.

One other test i'm going to have performed is to rockwell harden test the joints, i will report back with stock and replacement #'s in the next few weeks as well, so hang in there and we'll work through it.

Soo.. since you are not going away and ARE selling parts through LP, I expect you will be contacting us to sponsor LP...

• 4 weeks later...
Was it this? There are several more videos of the car being driven around in the parking lot like this ...

Let me get this straight:

some bold fat middle age riff-raffs shippers who obviously are more used to drive F150 with automatic gearboxes and a rack of floods on the roof are having a joy ride at the expense of a customer who wants his car shipped?? and horray and applaude any gears grinding?

Well I usually try to temper my writing when I get pissed off but if this were to be my car, these AHoles would be all out of a job today and the company bankrupt on retribution for dammages and closed for failure to supervise its employees.

This is simply unbeilievable!! This company ought to be put out of business without further delays. This information should be passed to the car's owner if anyone knows him. Think if this would be done to your car!!

To add insult to injury there are so many good people out of a job who need the money and have more professional behavior that it hurst to see bozzos like these bring a pay check home.

• 2 weeks later...

This is just a "Where the hell is Kurt" posting. Anybody heard from him, or anything about his magical heim joint fix?

Anybody else getting as upset as I am about the absolute lack of resolution to the product's deficiencies (spelling?)? Who else just wants their money back for the defective heim joints Kurt supplied?

This whole ordeal seems to be getting to be a bit ridiculous!!

I would now like to ask a question. Kurt told me he sold somewhere around 50 sets of these reproduced heim joints to George Evans (I still have a copy of that email). Is Mr. Evans comfortable with using these joints on his customers vehicles? I am assuming that this is the same person he is testing his re-pressed (not new joints, but re-worked joints) heim joints with. How many years must I have my car out of commission because I was a fool and bought into Kurt's magical heim joint emporium? Why do we not have any feedback from his last statement that he is not going anywhere. Seems to me he did go somewhere, a place where we cannot find him or converse with him.

Two weeks of testing? How about four weeks of no contact or any kind of resolution? Come to me Kurt, be honest and let us all know why we have no resolution in this matter!!

Well we havent been contacted regarding sponsorship...

Allan,

Could we kind of ignore Kurt's (Limey) lack of sponsorship until the members here whom have already invested their dollars with him get their money back, or have a slim chance in the realm of hell to do so?? It is to the benefit of many members here to allow Kurt to have a venue as to how he is going to rectify his promises to us all.

Then again, is he actually going to fulfill his promises if this is done?

I just pray he will be as honest as he say's he is!!!

Perhaps next year he will be a sponser. By rhe way, I do have a bridge for sale over in London!!!

Allan,

Could we kind of ignore Kurt's (Limey) lack of sponsorship until the members here whom have already invested their dollars with him get their money back, or have a slim chance in the realm of hell to do so?? It is to the benefit of many members here to allow Kurt to have a venue as to how he is going to rectify his promises to us all.

Then again, is he actually going to fulfill his promises if this is done?

I just pray he will be as honest as he say's he is!!!

Perhaps next year he will be a sponser. By rhe way, I do have a bridge for sale over in London!!!

The only reason he hasnt been banned is soo that you guys can still retain some sort of communication..

Kurt last posted here on April 19th, has anyone heard from him since that time??

His words .... "This will probably take upto 4 weeks, but if after 4 weeks give or take i don't have an answer yet, i will report this to you guys"

Anybody see the report, or did I just miss it?

How long is "too long" to keep screwing with this issue??

How does everybody else feel about this situation? Any suggestions on how to proceed from here?

Uhmmm... Really? it looked to me on ebay that it was a set including all new rods etc. People didn't send in their old ones for him to rebuild. He sent them all NEW joints. Otherwise how would people still be driving their cars that haven't installed his kit yet?

Anyway, those dumb hicks trying to drive a Countach on youtube is just painful to watch. How the Hell did anyone let that happen? Most of those fat guys don't even fit in it !!!! And for Alberto, I have much respect for you bringing that car back to life, but i also remember when you came on here and complained about its condition once you realized how bad it was, that Brian offered to buy it right back.

Missed your post. Yes, he sent out new heims when one ordered his "kit". These new ones are the ones that are not holding up. His solution is to send back the "new" unused heims and re-press them in a factory supplied jig, and then send them back to you once again.

Hope that makes a little more sense to you.

Kurt last posted here on April 19th, has anyone heard from him since that time??

Actually, he was last here on May 26.

limey_last_seen.jpg

Missed your post. Yes, he sent out new heims when one ordered his "kit". These new ones are the ones that are not holding up. His solution is to send back the "new" unused heims and re-press them in a factory supplied jig, and then send them back to you once again.

Hope that makes a little more sense to you.

I sent mine back in April. No response as of yet.

Did any of you guys think that Kurt was going to do anything???

There's a better chance of Megan Fox knocking on my front door and asking if she

could suck my dick for free.

Sorry, I've been drinking :icon_mrgreen:

Did any of you guys think that Kurt was going to do anything???

There's a better chance of Megan Fox knocking on my front door and asking if she

could suck my dick for free.

Sorry, I've been drinking :icon_mrgreen:

Dont worry! Shes at my house now, Ill send her right over!

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone heard anything from Kurt??

Earlycat, has Kurt got back to you since you sent your heim joints back to him??

Damned, how I hate to be taken advantage of. One tries to trust another, and guess what happens. You are screwed over and then can never make contact with the screwee again.

Kurt, I hope you can justify in your own mind the damage which you have caused all the people whom have placed their trust in you. It is just so sad that one whom professes to be a fellow enthusist finds solace whithin himself to reap profits from others for a product that he markets that is deficient in design and durability. Once you knew there was a problem with the product you were selling, why did you not alert your customers?

Kurt, it is once again time for you to communicate with us poor suckers that believed in you many moons ago!!

KURT ..... What the hell is this all coming down to??? Are you going to make the product right with a proper exchange of parts, or are you just going to keep the money paid by us all for defective parts that we can not use and then just disappear off into the sunset? This ordeal is going on two years now, when is it going to end??