FYI-Countach Suspension Joint Failure

87-Countach

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember a shop in Australia, where the seller sent pictures of his products for the Countach.

Does anyone have the contact information ?

Are these the one's - have contact details somewhere.

suspension_1.bmp

I do not know.

Several pictures were posted, of new Countach suspension parts.

The CNC shop, is located in Australia.

The products looked good.

It cannot be too difficult, to obtain some feedback, from an Australian Countach owner.

Those look so much nicer.

Mike,

Thanks

I just pm'd Dean.

I purchased a set of suspension joints / rods from Dean about 2 years ago. All is well with them and he is (from my perspective), a very nice guy. I would trust him as my parts were of good quality.

I have ordered various CT parts from Kurt in the past although not the suspension items. I've been following this thread w/ interest as I have had some of the same grievances toward my transactions as those here have had w/ their suspension parts. I am easy to deal w/ and have been lenient but I'm beginning to wonder. You can PM me if anyone wants more info.

• 2 weeks later...
I purchased a set of suspension joints / rods from Dean about 2 years ago. All is well with them and he is (from my perspective), a very nice guy. I would trust him as my parts were of good quality.

I have ordered various CT parts from Kurt in the past although not the suspension items. I've been following this thread w/ interest as I have had some of the same grievances toward my transactions as those here have had w/ their suspension parts. I am easy to deal w/ and have been lenient but I'm beginning to wonder. You can PM me if anyone wants more info.

Sounds like we have a screwball on this forum that has taken people. After all this time, it is naive to think he will make good. Nobody that bad with customers can keep a business alive. That assuming with no fraudulent intentions. Sad to see this going down... I hope the pros on this community will take notice and make sure he does his doubtful pratice out of exotic cars

Sounds like we have a screwball on this forum that has taken people. After all this time, it is naive to think he will make good. Nobody that bad with customers can keep a business alive. That assuming with no fraudulent intentions. Sad to see this going down... I hope the pros on this community will take notice and make sure he does his doubtful pratice out of exotic cars

Well Guys,

Truth be told. I sold some of these (Australian Made Ones) to Debriga, and he bagged them even before fitting them.

He returned them to me in Australia and I gladly refunded the money, less shipping costs.

So that sort of put me off selling anymore overseas.

As an enthusiast, I though that if I had to make a set for me, I might as well make 10 sets and share with any others in need.

It sort of makes the per unit cost come down.

Johnighini bought a set, and one other in the USA.

I had another promise to order but never heard back.

I thought Debriga had told others that my products were not good quality.

I am glad that john has installed his and is happy.

Mine are also great after so many years.

But with the few I have left and the strong Aussie dollar, quite frankly it is not worth selling the few sets I have left.

I know that some fellow Countach owners have requested some for their cars and are just waiting to take their cars off the road to replace the joints.

The guys at the CNC shop that made these for me are actually part of a popular Australian Supercar Racing Team.

That's why I know they are good quality.

They are the same quality that they make for their supercars that get punished on the tracks here at 250-300kph for 4-5 hour races.

Google "Bathurst V8 Supercars"for more details on the racing series. It is a punishing track around our Mt Panorama.

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/

I sort of lost face with these guys when they did not sell as I had promised, and hence I would feel a little embarrased asking them to make anymore for me.

Mike.. I can spare one set for you as promised.

Regards Dean

Dean,

Never did I say your's were not of good quality. When asked about them, I did convey that they were NOT heim joints at all, rather they were fixed bushings. The bushings appeared to be of quite good quality, but that does NOT make them the same as an actual heim joint. That is why I asked to return them to you.

As an aside, I was also a bit concerned that the arms themselves were made from a solid rod rather than tubing. This incrases the components weight, and a solid rod bends easier than a tubular one.

Though they would work, they were NOT what I was seeking. Sorry if this has led to a misunderstanding, but when someone asks me my opinion on something I will be honest in my answer. My answer was, and is, that they are not heims.

Dennis

Well Guys,

Truth be told. I sold some of these (Australian Made Ones) to Debriga, and he bagged them even before fitting them.

He returned them to me in Australia and I gladly refunded the money, less shipping costs.

So that sort of put me off selling anymore overseas.

As an enthusiast, I though that if I had to make a set for me, I might as well make 10 sets and share with any others in need.

It sort of makes the per unit cost come down.

Johnighini bought a set, and one other in the USA.

I had another promise to order but never heard back.

I thought Debriga had told others that my products were not good quality.

I am glad that john has installed his and is happy.

Mine are also great after so many years.

But with the few I have left and the strong Aussie dollar, quite frankly it is not worth selling the few sets I have left.

I know that some fellow Countach owners have requested some for their cars and are just waiting to take their cars off the road to replace the joints.

The guys at the CNC shop that made these for me are actually part of a popular Australian Supercar Racing Team.

That's why I know they are good quality.

They are the same quality that they make for their supercars that get punished on the tracks here at 250-300kph for 4-5 hour races.

Google "Bathurst V8 Supercars"for more details on the racing series. It is a punishing track around our Mt Panorama.

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/

I sort of lost face with these guys when they did not sell as I had promised, and hence I would feel a little embarrased asking them to make anymore for me.

Mike.. I can spare one set for you as promised.

Regards Dean

at the end of this story i realized that you (and me too...) have to pay the money and buy Lamborghini OEM heimjoints (uniball, here in italy) spare parts.

ciao

• 5 months later...

Just curious what ever happened to all of this? Last I remember, Limey was issuing rebuilt sets to a few folks?? Did anyone install them or try them out? Any updates?

I know one of these days I need to do mine..... :(

Mike

Just curious what ever happened to all of this? Last I remember, Limey was issuing rebuilt sets to a few folks?? Did anyone install them or try them out? Any updates?

I know one of these days I need to do mine..... :(

Mike

I sent my fronts back, and received nothing.

My whole set is sitting in a box at Wil Degroots....I left it there when he had the car for a year and forgot about it. Will get it soon.

My whole set is sitting in a box at Wil Degroots....I left it there when he had the car for a year and forgot about it. Will get it soon.

Peter, were yours the "old set" from Limey, or the supposedly "new set" he spoke of earlier in the thread. Just curious what Wil's thoughts were about them too.......

Mike

The heim joints Kurt (Limey) sold all of us were complete shit. Joints started to fail after just 200 miles on my car, and the rest of them were completely useless by 500 miles. Complete fcuking junk. The new pieces had more play in them than the old factory joints I removed from the car. I have had to replace everything he sold to me with new factory pieces.

Double the parts prices, double the labor cost, and double the down time for the car.

Of course Kurt has done, and will do absolutely nothing to rectify the situation.

If anyone has a set they have not installed, count yourself lucky, throw that crap in the garbage and chalk it up to one of life's "sometimes you get fucked" lessons :eusa_wall:

Peter, were yours the "old set" from Limey, or the supposedly "new set" he spoke of earlier in the thread. Just curious what Wil's thoughts were about them too.......

Mike

I am a lucky one. I paid less than than most.

My car needed some parts. Wil said no, ordered from Lambo instead.

I thought we all were going class action?

Mike there never was a new improved set. What did Nsxer do? Limey told me Evans bought some ( I might still have that email). Probably just a ploy to sell though. Who knows...

• 1 year later...
Mike there never was a new improved set. What did Nsxer do? Limey told me Evans bought some ( I might still have that email). Probably just a ploy to sell though. Who knows...

So what happened here guys?

Did you ever get a refund from Kurt aka Slimey?

I was just about to buy this heim joint kit as well.

Luckily I didn't.

I see this person is still posting here, was it yesterday?

Wonder why?

He screwed me as well on a simple thing as a Countach manual, paid for it but he never sent it!

Never replied to my emails and never refunded my money either!

What a fcuking scumbag you are Limey!

Luckily I didn't.

Wonder why?

He screwed me as well on a simple thing as a Countach manual, paid for it but he never sent it!

Wtf, are you serious????

Luckily I didn't.

Wonder why?

To his credit he finally sent the *improved* joints and a $100 gift card. I was supposed to get the rest of the joints for the front, but never got them. The joints are compressed very tight. You will not move them by hand. I am still driving with the old ones. They make the clunk noise just like the originals. I would really like to hear from someone else that has installed the new versions. At this point I can't tell you if it's a fix or not. The originals are not worth it either. Possibly the only real cure will be to fabricate complete new arms with an easy to find helm joint.