FYI-Countach Suspension Joint Failure

87-Countach

Thankfully you guys did not have to go through all the time, trouble, and double the parts and labor expense by actually installing this junk on your cars. :eusa_wall:

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankfully you guys did not have to go through all the time, trouble, and double the parts and labor expense by actually installing this junk on your cars. :eusa_wall:

Rick,

I do appreciate what you went through. I would have been in the same boat if I had received my parts when they should have been delivered. Order mixup, trying to communicate what was missing from the delivered parts, and then trying to get them. Communication sucked, and the delivered parts sucked even more.

Thanks for starting this thread. I had thought about doing the same, but as I had not actually used these parts to date, I had no real experience or viable standing to draw my concerns from. I am sory you had to go through this, but it has helped a good number of others who are learning from your experiences!!

Though the rest of us will not have double the labor, I fear we will all have double the parts cost. Refund??? I will be very surprised if that should happen. I do hope I am totally wrong on that count!!

Thanks Rick,

Dennis

Refund??? I will be very surprised if that should happen. I do hope I am totally wrong on that count!!

Thanks Rick,

Dennis

Dennis,

I also hope that Kurt steps up and does the right thing and offers refunds before it has to go to the next level which I am certainly prepared to do.

Brian

Ah, ditto on that. At least I was slacking & put the backs on only. One time when too busy was good for me.

I also hope that Kurt steps up and does the right thing and offers refunds before it has to go to the next level which I am certainly prepared to do.

ME TOO If we all help with the legal costs it would help, mind you is there any money out there to pay us back ??

ME TOO If we all help with the legal costs it would help, mind you is there any money out there to pay us back ??

Good idea. I have already spoken to my company attorney....it should not be too expensive. I REALLY hope Kurt makes this easy for us and especially him very soon. We need to hear from you Kurt.....!

Brian

Count me in. Mine has been sitting in the car, in its USPS box, for a year uninstalled.

Really WTF???? How come i can spend 5 minutes on the phone and order a complete, quality, OEM spec front and rear set of these for a 1952 Jaguar but nobody has it figured out for a Countach?

Mike, I received some info from them on what they carry. It is the same as what I have in stock right now.

Once you pay the exchange rate and postage and customs, the price would be what I sell them for, right around $45.00 each.

Then once you make up the spacers you need, the price is much more.

Chadbourn Bolles

Has anyone checked these folks out for Heim Joints? Looks like they have quite the selection of metric sizes:

http://www.mcgillmotorsports.co.uk/

Mike

Mike, I received some info from them on what they carry. It is the same as what I have in stock right now.

Once you pay the exchange rate and postage and customs, the price would be what I sell them for, right around $45.00 each.

Then once you make up the spacers you need, the price is much more.

Chadbourn Bolles

Chad, what is your solution for the two offset, angled shank heims? And do new control arms need to be fabricated to use the ends you are selling? Where are the spacers used? inquiring minds need to know!! :eusa_think:

Thanks

Dennis

Chad, what is your solution for the two offset, angled shank heims? And do new control arms need to be fabricated to use the ends you are selling? Where are the spacers used? inquiring minds need to know!! :eusa_think:

Thanks

Dennis

Yes, i agree, the problems are those angled joint: i found the straight joint, but i was told the angled joint were built just for that car.

Metric straight joint are not a problem here in Europe, they are used in rally cars (very common here), but i do not know where to find those angled joint.

And I do not want bad welded cut joint, that will break during an high speed run...

Ciao

maybe you guys could track him down through ebay... he is currently selling that diablo 6.0 that he had painted lime green

on ebay. i would set up an appointment to go see it if it were me.

Dennis, see pic to see what I did. Though the original was set at a veritcal angle, I saw no reason they could not be set like I did, so I did.

Spacers, the original part is 30 MM wide the ones I have are only 19 MM, so spacers are used to make up difference.

Control arms, I have new ones that I made, due to rust in the original parts, also depends on year of car as I have found that on the 87 car the tubes are factory 10 in long and on the 82 car they are only 8 3/4 in long, so it depends on the car.

Thanks

Dennis

post-289-1301338799.jpg

Dennis, see pic to see what I did. Though the original was set at a veritcal angle, I saw no reason they could not be set like I did, so I did.

Spacers, the original part is 30 MM wide the ones I have are only 19 MM, so spacers are used to make up difference.

Control arms, I have new ones that I made, due to rust in the original parts, also depends on year of car as I have found that on the 87 car the tubes are factory 10 in long and on the 82 car they are only 8 3/4 in long, so it depends on the car.

Chad,

Thanks for the info. But, now another question(s). I would normally ask you this in a PM or call you, but I think a lot of others here whom have had their trust somewhat shaken in "Kurt's" reproduced" parts would also like to know. Does every heim need spacers, or just the two angled shank ones? What would a complete rear set cost and what does it include (or not include)?? Same thing for the front set?? Any break in price for those whom can machine their own spacers and do not need them supplied?

Also, what material did you have the control arms made out of?? 4010 or thereabouts? Just truying to get the info out to all whom are interested!!

Take care and be well,

Dennis

Any resolution?

None from this end. Communication is non-existent.

I do have a phone number for Kurt, but I am reluctant to give it out as it was given to me in confidence. If I do not here from him in the next two weeks, I might divulge it in a PM or private email.

None from this end. Communication is non-existent.

I do have a phone number for Kurt, but I am reluctant to give it out as it was given to me in confidence. If I do not here from him in the next two weeks, I might divulge it in a PM or private email.

Ok keep us at LP posted..

Heck, I have 2 phone numbers for Kurt, if anyone wants them, I will be glad to post.

Maybe you did not get part of my post. The factory part is 30 MM wide and what I use is 19 MM wide, so you will need spacers. The spacers I had made, are made of Stainless Steel.

Pricing, I never thought about it, but will. Heck I need to see if I even have enough of them to make a whole set for a car. I will do an inventory tomorrow.

Another thing, I will need to know, is length of your control arms, as there is a difference.

Control arms are made of the same material as Lambo did, moly tubing. Frankly I don't know what the numbers of the material is. I depend on the guy making the parts for me. He knows what I am looking for and I have been dealing with him over 25 years, so I have a bit of trust in him. One of the many things I know about him, he does not cut corners. We have built a race car together and our life depended on his work and he also drove the car.

Chadbourn Bolles

Does every heim need spacers, or just the two angled shank ones? What would a complete rear set cost and what does it include (or not include)?? Same thing for the front set?? Any break in price for those whom can machine their own spacers and do not need them supplied?

Also, what material did you have the control arms made out of?? 4010 or thereabouts? Just truying to get the info out to all whom are interested!!

Take care and be well,

Dennis

Blimey fellas, log into LP today and have Pm's left and right, haven't been on here for almost 2 weeks, so that aside, the issue regarding the joints has been resolved.

For those that ordered the kits, PM me your address and email, i will return back to you the address to ship the kit to and we'll send a set of replacement joints within 3 days.

My apologies for not getting back sooner, just not logging on much these days. If you need to get hold of us, you can reach the shop by tel. @ 813-264-6368

Blimey fellas, log into LP today and have Pm's left and right, haven't been on here for almost 2 weeks, so that aside, the issue regarding the joints has been resolved.

For those that ordered the kits, PM me your address and email, i will return back to you the address to ship the kit to and we'll send a set of replacement joints within 3 days.

My apologies for not getting back sooner, just not logging on much these days. If you need to get hold of us, you can reach the shop by tel. @ 813-264-6368

Wow. What a great plan Kurt. Lets have everyone you scammed already send back the old junk at their expense, so you can send them some new, never been tested junk like the last time.

How do you know the issues have been solved? Have you tested any of the new stuff on a car for any period of time, or are you just hoping the new junk works out? Are you going to compensate everyone for their labor expense for the installation of the previous crap you sent out? How about the labor expense for removal of the previous crap you sent out? How about the expense of installation and removal when these new untested parts fail.

Why don't you send everyone their money back, and then test the product properly? I guess all that money is tied up in that green diablo you have for sale.