FYI-Countach Suspension Joint Failure

87-Countach

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blimey fellas, log into LP today and have Pm's left and right, haven't been on here for almost 2 weeks, so that aside, the issue regarding the joints has been resolved.

According to our computers last time you logged in was March 21st... :icon_thumleft:

You guys are way too nice. What are you waiting for to sue his ass? It doesn't look like he gives a shit about anything or anyone.

Blimey fellas, log into LP today and have Pm's left and right, haven't been on here for almost 2 weeks, so that aside, the issue regarding the joints has been resolved.

For those that ordered the kits, PM me your address and email, i will return back to you the address to ship the kit to and we'll send a set of replacement joints within 3 days.

My apologies for not getting back sooner, just not logging on much these days. If you need to get hold of us, you can reach the shop by tel. @ 813-264-6368

First off, what EXACTLY has been changed to make the "new" joints any different from the "old" joints? If you wish to regain anyone's confidence, an explanation of the original heim's weaknesses needs to explained and how that has been rectified. I sure hope you are not just going to pass these joints through a jig to compress the insert which closes up clearances a tiny bit without making any real improvement? What is the difference between "new" and "old"?? Material changes? Tolerance changes? Design changes? Engineering changes? Or do we just whack it with a big hammer to make it a bit tighter? And lastly, WHO makes the modifications, the maufacturer, or you with an experimental jig the manufacturer has supplied you with?

Sorry Kurt, but I do enjoy the absolute thrill and adrenaline rush that comes with high speed ground based flight. Made 145 MPH back in 1969 with my then 60's period highly modified 425 hp horse 427 street rod. I still love the memories of that adrenaline rush. I would love to do much more than that today with the CT, but I have to be able to trust the integrity of the parts that I have my life depending on. Their basic qualilty and strength is quite important to me!!. To date, your products do not meet the test.

Kurt, prove me wrong!! It would be best for me and everyonr else if I had to cry out I am wrong, Please show me that I am actually wrong, and you have the answer!!

I will be waiting, but I will not be holding my breath!!

so Limey is giving your money back or changing for free your joint with good ones? this Lambopower forum is really powerful!

good news...

What's you opinion Allan, may be it could force NSXER to give my big amount of USD back or change that scrap he sold me for his low body 400S? :icon_mrgreen:

Sort of seems like a fuckin lynch mob! :):):)

I think we should be a little more patient. Not everyone is on message boards everyday or every week. Giving the guy 2 days or 2 weeks..........

There have been 1 good post since he has been on here. Let him read and report his answers and findings. If anyone has talked with him, please remind him of the technical questions.

Unfortunately, no one is going be compansated for labor. It was our responsibility in purchasing a non Lamborghini part(s), new to the market. If we go way back, was testing the parts ever discussed in detail? Did we wait for completed testing of parts before we bought?

I guess it's ez for me to say since I have not done anything with my kit except to put in the trunk of the car. Sorry for those who have spent money and time and most of all, risk.

• 2 weeks later...

St Pete show last weekend (Festival of Speed)

i tried to say a friendly "hi" and ask if he had any news on the problem but didn't see him around anywhere.

P1011066.JPG

You know whats really sad, NOT ONE KIT has been sent back! Can't exchange them if people don't send them back.

You know whats really sad, NOT ONE KIT has been sent back! Can't exchange them if people don't send them back.

Why would someone go through the effort? You have yet to prove the "improved" kit is improved.

I do not have my car in my posession, kit is in the truck.

You want the whole kit back or certian parts?

fwiw, I think people are a little skidish about sending them back because for a period you will have their money and the kit....plus they have to pay to ship it.

No, whats really sad is you took peoples money and sent them a bunch of untested shit for parts. Then you have done nothing to rectify the situation other than claim the new parts are better. What a great fcuking plan. Have the customer send back your worthless shit at their expense in the hope that you do what you say for the first time and send untested supposedly functioning parts.

Why don't you get proactive, and send everyone who purchased a kit from you their money back and all the new parts. I'm sure you have everyone's contact information. If the new parts work out, then I'm sure those who used them to good effect will send you some money. It's no different than the screw job you've pulled on everyone, just now it would be in the customers' favor.

And for those of us who actually installed the crap you provided, it will be difficult to send back those useless parts that have been thrown away.

i suppose Limey did not make by himself those joints: maybe his supplier wants to see the bad joints before admitting they were defective.

It's not strange, it's just a normal warranty procedure.

Do not forget that those are untested and not stock OEM parts, so warranty is not due.

Do not complaint too much with Limey, i do not think he wanted to sell shitty pieces.

But you Limey should try to send just ONE new kit (that you pay with your money) to one of your customer to test it, and then you will have your old joint back for sure.

I want to tell what happened to me some days ago with a Lamborghini OEM spare part service.

I ordered a new Countach OEM gear knob: 97 euro (more or less 135 USD). That's a lot for a gear knob...

Never mind the price, let's go on: i ordered the gear knob, giving the OEM number of the part i needed (i have the spare part catalogue)

When the gear knob arrived (in a Lamborghini sheer plastic bag) i noticed that it was not the same knob i had: it was different, very different...

I exposed my complaints to the Lamborghini service: i already had a gear knob, i was looking for a newer better looking one, not for a gear knob i could buy everywhere for 10 times less money...

They answered "the OEM gear knob is sold out, this is the official replacement, so you cannot give it back".

And this is Lamborghini Factory (with factory prices...), not Limey (with Limey prices)

I want to say here, where we are talking about complaints, that if i were an american citizen, i would have hired an attorney to have my money back (and give back that scrappy car) to NSXER alias Brian Pettey for publish a report where ELA12708 was described as "a well driveable Countach" and "just need a repaint". The car had a disastered engine, a bubble devastaded wing, the water thermostate blocked on "close" so the water boiled after ten minutes and so many others and big problems that forced me to a complete car rebuilding. That was "the well driveable Countach", paid 94 k USD. As this fellow had other two (or three) Countach, he should know very well it was a bust, as he sold me the car for 94 k and after that he immediately purchased another Countach for 70K. The same fellow is shouting here that he wants his money back from Limey for the joints, claiming to hire an attorney for a group actions against Limey. What are you Brian, a man or a shit?

ciao

I sent Kurt a PM a while back, and he answered me without undue delay. I thought about his answer for awhile, and sent him another PM this morning. I don't wish to post all here at this point in time as I would like to give him a chance to work through this without worrying about a "mob attack". If Kurt wishes these PM's to be posted at this time, either he can do so or tell me that he is fine with me doing so.

So, lets see what transpires and go from there.

I want to say here, where we are talking about complaints, that if i were an american citizen, i would have hired an attorney to have my money back (and give back that scrappy car) to NSXER alias Brian Pettey for publish a report where ELA12708 was described as "a well driveable Countach" and "just need a repaint". The car had a disastered engine, a bubble devastaded wing, the water thermostate blocked on "close" so the water boiled after ten minutes and so many others and big problems that forced me to a complete car rebuilding. That was "the well driveable Countach", paid 94 k USD. As this fellow had other two (or three) Countach, he should know very well it was a bust, as he sold me the car for 94 k and after that he immediately purchased another Countach for 70K. The same fellow is shouting here that he wants his money back from Limey for the joints, claiming to hire an attorney for a group actions against Limey. What are you Brian, a man or a shit?

ciao

Alberto,

I sent Roy a ton of pictures which he then sent to you and clearly explained that it needed work...this is the absolute truth. I can send anyone on this board emails between all of us that clearly show this as well as when I posted if for sale on Fchat explaining that it had cosmetic issues. Also, several on this board actually rode and even drove this car. It always ran perfectly. A matter of fact...I drove it 170+ miles to pick up Tim Kesulek (Countach expert) at the airport before you purchased it. When it arrived to you..you stated it did not run well and could hardly idle. It took nearly 3 months to reach you....something must have happened in between. As for the engine issues...I had none. The car was even at George Evans for work and he said it ran very well....full compression check was very good....you should have a copy of it. How would I have known that it did not have OEM bearings of other issues if the car ran always ran great for me. I would have immediately done an engine rebuild if I noticed anything wrong.

Also, I have been on this board as well as Fchat for many years....I would never mislead anyone on these forums. I totally respect Emilio and knew you were both good friends. Had I known the engine needed work do you really think I would lie to you or Emilio.....NO.

I would NEVER lie to anyone about a car...that is a fact. If I remember correctly...I even suggested that you spend the money and come over and see the car in person. I too have purchased cars that I have not seen in person and expect that person to be honest...just as I am.

We discussed the body issues. You even told me that the issues were fine since you would be doing a complete restoration anyway and were not looking for a perfect car. This really ticks me off Alberto.

I even gave you the name Ed Godbout....who owned the car before me so you could discuss with him the engine issues you found....he did the work. The ONLY reason I sold that car was because I did not like black over red but purchased the car because it was a good deal @$75K....plus an additional $20K spent at Evans months later. Once again...if George noticed ANYTHING not running correctly and called me to say that we needed to pull the engine for a rebuild it would have been done.

I would suggest you hire an attorney if you would like...I am certiainly ready.

As for the other car I purchased a year later....I paid $80K and it was red....a car I have been looking for a longtime. If you do not believe this ask Joe S., Tony I. or anyone else I have talked to about finding a red Countach.

ALSO...when you first told me about the engine issues...I told you I would gladly purchase the car back....

Alberto...if you want to take this further I am ready.

Also, Roy sent a full PPI that another possible buyer had done on the car and you were fine with it. It also had the cosmetic issues listed and if I remember correctly stated that the car ran very well....just as it always had for me.

Brian

Alberto, I don't appreciate you hijacking this thread into an attack on Brian. You purchased a 25+ year old car without a personal inspection or presumably a PPI, a car which by all accounts had a clean bill of health from some of the most renowned names in the Lamborghini service industry and a car which the seller offered to buy back from you several months after your purchase when you suddenly expressed your displeasure with it's condition. You chose not to return the car or even file suit and I'm sure the sales documents clearly stated that the car was sold as is therefore making your refusal to send the car back and getting a refund even more puzzling.

Your alleged experience with Brian and the subject of this thread are two completely different subjects. I don't appreciate the muddying up of this thread and am growing impatient with your random shots at Brian with allegations that are dubious at best.

This reminds me of a YouTube video I saw recently of a black Ct that was being auctioned off.. These redneck idiots filmed everyone of themselves beating on the car from a dead stop, grinding gears, trying to do a burnout etc before it was shipped off. You have no idea what could of happened to the car in a 3 month span.

This reminds me of a YouTube video I saw recently of a black Ct that was being auctioned off.. These redneck idiots filmed everyone of themselves beating on the car from a dead stop, grinding gears, trying to do a burnout etc before it was shipped off. You have no idea what could of happened to the car in a 3 month span.

Link?

Link?

Don't have it now. It was like an 88 qv, that was black black, in storage for years. They got it running and were beating on it in their parking lot.

Don't have it now. It was like an 88 qv, that was black black, in storage for years. They got it running and were beating on it in their parking lot.

Was it this? There are several more videos of the car being driven around in the parking lot like this ...