The noose is getting tighter

topcabron

That's a long read, I'll get through it at lunch. Thanks for the link, and no, if he did not win we probably would not be after him so badly to find these answers.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is a BIG move. So if they start stripping Jerseys, who do they go to? Everyone is going to test positive for something.

That is a BIG move. So if they start stripping Jerseys, who do they go to? Everyone is going to test positive for something.

If the UCI can go test samples from the past for things can can now and could not when the sample was originally taken, there would be nobody to give the jersey to.

Contador had been told of the recommended one-year ban for Clenbuterol, but that he had not been sent the actual wording. “No decision has been reported, he has not been provided with the contents. It is only a proposal, not a resolution.”

He went on to explain the procedure. “Alberto has ten days to file an appeal. At the end of that time period, the Competition Committee will meet, look at his arguments and render its final decision.” Castano added that he expected the decision to be appealed to the Court of Arbitration for Sport by Contador, the UCI and /or the WADA

In case any of the handful of us on the board that follow cycling have not seen the full SI article, here it is. I thought I read that there is going to be another SI article in next weeks edition as well that will contain some further allegations/info that SI was probably initially pressured not to publish.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/art...944/1/index.htm

There is a lot of theory and conjecture in the SI article and spin. Ill wait to see what comes out of the investigation, and if in fact he violated the drug rules at the time the tests were done. The guy survived cancer, and I have met him a few times and was always decent, unlike Contador and LeMond..who had an elitist attitude....Ill wait to see what happens at AMGEN this year and the TDF should be interesting...

There is a lot of theory and conjecture in the SI article and spin. Ill wait to see what comes out of the investigation, and if in fact he violated the drug rules at the time the tests were done. The guy survived cancer, and I have met him a few times and was always decent, unlike Contador and LeMond..who had an elitist attitude....Ill wait to see what happens at AMGEN this year and the TDF should be interesting...

AMGEN and the tour are going to be great, but what does that have to do with Contador, Lemond, or Armstrong?

Ive met Lemond, rode with him, and dined with him. He has a place here in Punta de Mita. I never got that "elitist" attitude from him. And, Lemond survived being shot and had a portion of his lung removed, and still has metal in his body. So what?

AMGEN and the tour are going to be great, but what does that have to do with Contador, Lemond, or Armstrong?

Ive met Lemond, rode with him, and dined with him. He has a place here in Punta de Mita. I never got that "elitist" attitude from him. And, Lemond survived being shot and had a portion of his lung removed, and still has metal in his body. So what?

• 2 weeks later...

So Barry Bonds is getting ready to go to trial next month...As we all know from the prolific amount of press that his case, and LA's case has produced...the the Novisky (sp?) guy is at the center of both investigations. Anytime the LA investigation is mentioned, there is always a blurb about the thourough investigatoin by Novisky and how if he is on the case, he will never quit, etc. etc.

If the Bond's trial actually proceeds, and he gets acquitted, do you think there will be enough backlash, i.e. people screaming about how much money was wasted, to stop the investigation into LA's doping allegations?

So Barry Bonds is getting ready to go to trial next month...As we all know from the prolific amount of press that his case, and LA's case has produced...the the Novisky (sp?) guy is at the center of both investigations. Anytime the LA investigation is mentioned, there is always a blurb about the thourough investigatoin by Novisky and how if he is on the case, he will never quit, etc. etc.

If the Bond's trial actually proceeds, and he gets acquitted, do you think there will be enough backlash, i.e. people screaming about how much money was wasted, to stop the investigation into LA's doping allegations?

no

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but the UCI can now review Spain's decision, and potentially appeal it to the court of arbitration where that body can then make a determination as to what, if anything, should happen? How will the other teams/racers look upon AC at this point?

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but the UCI can now review Spain's decision, and potentially appeal it to the court of arbitration where that body can then make a determination as to what, if anything, should happen? How will the other teams/racers look upon AC at this point?

most don't want to say publicly how they really feel. The journalists are tearing it up though. This case will set a precedent if left untouched. It will tell the athlete he is no longer responsible for what is found in his body. This is a dangerous road Spain is going down and if AC is left to race without repercussions, there is going to be a downward spiral.

I think the UCI and WADA will step in and overturn this decision.

All the feigned ignorance about steroids/performance enhancers in professional sports is ridiculous. We haven't just have happened to come across a "revolution" in performance enhancers.

At this point I even find the line on approved/not approved substances to be somewhat comical.

If there were smarter regulations (assuming we should have any), we could have healthier aging athletes taking advantage of the amazing healing properties of proper steroid application.

• 1 month later...