The Watch Snob

soup

I just found this ´blog´ while looking at watches and it´s unbelievably funny and contains a certain amount of truth.

The guy only likes brands with heritage and is condescending towards brand as hublot,panerai,... You may like him or not but it´s definitely a good read.

http://www.askmen.com/fashion/mens-watches/

eg

Im looking for a new watch, similar to my Breitling Colt, that I can wear with a black rubber strap. I have a smaller wrist so I feel a need to stay in the 40mm to 43mm size range. I do not want a mainstream watch that everyone already has. I like the lambda lambda lambda and the omega mu Seamaster Planet Ocean, but I think it falls in the "mainstream" group of watches. Please help me with some options within the $2,000 price range.

Thanks and I'll look forward to hearing your snobbish expertise on this one.

I commend your desire to find something out of the ordinary, but I abhor the fact that it must be around $2,000. Little, if any, great watches from the independents can be purchased for $2,000, or for even $10,000. The first step in the process must be disposing of your Breitling Colt, which I recommend you do via a firebomb or a mafia drop into the Hudson River. Second, begin to toy around with the idea of not a true independent in the sense of movement, but rather in conception.

AP watches below MSRP on 47th street NYC? Even limited editions? Cannot believe it..

BMWRACER as far as I remember you knew much about AP, can you chime in?:)

AP watches below MSRP on 47th street NYC? Even limited editions? Cannot believe it..

BMWRACER as far as I remember you knew much about AP, can you chime in?:)

You can find AP watches below MSRP day-in, day-out in the US

I am talking about limited editions, not the regular ones:)

It also depends a bit on the model...for example, the Montauk highway had too many made (IMO) so there are still new models to be bought from stores, and not just at the NY AD that had them specially made.

I am talking about limited editions, not the regular ones:)

Market is very soft for high end watches, all brands included. You can get limited edition AP's for substantial discounts. The odd one might fetch MSRP but the days of over list and guaranteed profit on flipping a limited edition AP are gone.