Tires For 99 Diablo VT Roadster

sabregl

I need to put new tires on my car and I cannot find 235/35 ZR18 which is the correct tire size for the front. I do see lots of options for 245/35 ZR18 which is the correct size for the Murcielago and might possibly work. Does anyone know if this size will work with the Diablo without causing damage to the viscous traction system?

Thanks.

Gregg

I need to put new tires on my car and I cannot find 235/35 ZR18 which is the correct tire size for the front. I do see lots of options for 245/35 ZR18 which is the correct size for the Murcielago and might possibly work. Does anyone know if this size will work with the Diablo without causing damage to the viscous traction system?

Thanks.

Gregg

Hi Gregg:

I have a brand new set ( 2 tires ) of Pirelli 235-35-18 pzero asimmetrico, they are original for my 2001 6.0, they should be same for 99 roadster, I pay $650 incuding freight from tirerack less than a year ago I do not need them nomore, let me know if you need them I'll let them go cheaper, thank you.

Jess Chen

626-712-4641

I asked this same question regarding my '99 Diablo VT quite a while back.

Stock Sizes:

Front 235/35/18

Rear 335/30/18

The only "matched set" I could find were BF Goodrich, with a tread pattern that

everyone seems to say were very "noisy" on the road, in their reviews.

You can get Pirellis in both the front and rear sizes, but they are two different Pirelli models.

Fronts: Pirelli P Zero System

Rear: Pirelli P Zero Rosso

Was also told not to use 245/35/18's on the front by some, but others have used them with no problem.

Supposedly it screws up the VT system, but others have said that there is no effect.

The 245's are a little wider, and therefore the profile is a little taller, with the same 35 aspect ratio.

Supposedly, this slightly bigger diameter could screw up the VT system, but I don't know that.

Hope this helps!

AZ

• 1 month later...
Hi Gregg:

I have a brand new set ( 2 tires ) of Pirelli 235-35-18 pzero asimmetrico, they are original for my 2001 6.0, they should be same for 99 roadster, I pay $650 incuding freight from tirerack less than a year ago I do not need them nomore, let me know if you need them I'll let them go cheaper, thank you.

Jess Chen

626-712-4641

Do you still have the tires? Will they fit a 98 VT Roadster?

Send me a PM if you still have them ...

Mark

This past summer I talked with Roy about this at one of the RTC days. I was concerned with the 245's as well but noticed both of the VT's he had brought up for the day had them. He said he was told by the techs that it was okay. I have since purchased 245's and have not noticed a problem, although I have not put a ton of miles on them yet. Roy said all of his VT's have them and he hasn't had a issue yet either.

BFGoodrich has that size in the g-Force for front and rear.

Front: 235/35ZR-18 BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2XL

Rear : 335/30ZR-18 BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2

Good tread design and I have had no trouble with them at any speed.

Just another option.

I did the same search you are doing, good luck

• 3 weeks later...
BFGoodrich has that size in the g-Force for front and rear.

Front: 235/35ZR-18 BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2XL

Rear : 335/30ZR-18 BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2

Good tread design and I have had no trouble with them at any speed.

Just another option.

I did the same search you are doing, good luck

Drew,

In my original post, I meant to say that the only matched set was BF Goodrich (I edited my post to read this way). The reviews I read on the

tread design (real curvy) was that it made a lot of road noise. Is this not the case?