Twin Headlamp Conversion

Allan-Herbie

I wonder if the car was in a front end accident and had it redone this way under an insurance pay out....not sure how you justify the cost..

They seem to have a quite a few redone on their site, which leads me to believe they created a conversion possibly.

They seem to have a quite a few redone on their site, which leads me to believe they created a conversion possibly.

or they could have a bunch of crashed cars....

is there a big difference between the cars apart from the front end?

or they could have a bunch of crashed cars....

is there a big difference between the cars apart from the front end?

There are some interior updates, but nothing huge..

If the conversion is a lower cost aftermarket alternative to factory parts then that's a game changer for all the old style front end cars on the market.

If the conversion is a lower cost aftermarket alternative to factory parts then that's a game changer for all the old style front end cars on the market.

Yes, Im going to look into it.

I like the new look better but I don't see a benefit in doing it this way. You can already get the 05+ around 80k and a decent 03,4t will be 60k itself. Yes you can find a shit color or 50k mile car for less but you could find a bucket 05 for 65k if a shitty example will do. The conversion would at least be 10k and there is no getting around the 80's climate control crap of the earlier cars. No quad exhaust either. I would say at the end of the day for a decent 03,4 facelifited you would be at 70k and a decent 05 will be 90. The hassle and everything that will come along with the early car wouldn't be worth it. Just my opinion, I am sure some will disagree.

I like the new look better but I don't see a benefit in doing it this way. You can already get the 05+ around 80k and a decent 03,4t will be 60k itself. Yes you can find a shit color or 50k mile car for less but you could find a bucket 05 for 65k if a shitty example will do. The conversion would at least be 10k and there is no getting around the 80's climate control crap of the earlier cars. No quad exhaust either. I would say at the end of the day for a decent 03,4 facelifited you would be at 70k and a decent 05 will be 90. The hassle and everything that will come along with the early car wouldn't be worth it. Just my opinion, I am sure some will disagree.

At those prices it would certainly not make sense...

Been thinking about this the whole day as there are a few nice old style cars available locally on the cheap, what I can't get over is why I would want to do the conversion and have a car that looks like a newer on that isn't? Granted, I like the newer front end better, but at the end of the day the old car with the new front end is still the old car and since the cost of the converted car and the bottom of the market newer front end car is so close, this only makes sense if you already own the car or if you get the conversion done for next to nothing. BTW, I like the look of the older front end better...

I liked the idea from a couple months back of painting the light housing to make it seem like the newer front end. But I dont mind the pre 05 front ends either.