AllanLambo vs. ronin MEGATHREAD (merged, NWS)

Allan-Herbie

After some more thought on this I really think you guys need to get to a track. The current Vbox proposal just leaves too much wiggle room for excuses either way.

One of you should step up and make a formal challenge with a time, date, and location. If the other one steps down from that challenge with excuses or whatever then so be it, the issue is dead. If not, then we (finally) have something real. So far only trash talk and hypothetical challenges have been made for a track event. You did mention renting a track and taking it there, but I don't think Frank thought you were serious. Show him you are serious and let's do this for real.

I just want to see the damn cars run! lol I don't care about all the ego stuff. I just want to see these two beautiful machines go head to head, even if it's time-attack style on the track. Best of 5 laps...whatever, doesn't matter. But I do think the Vbox 0-120 straight line comparison is not telling enough given the capabilities of these two machines and the reported abilities of their corresponding drivers. :D

Allan, if Frank was willing to get to a track would you really do it?

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you misunderstand. These two cars are exceptional in their own ways. Ronin's car is on full on race suspension and essentially slick tires. Allan's car will destroy it in a straight line. It won't even be close. My premise is that Ronin has always bragged that there are no cars that can compete with his in all sorts of different performance characteristics (acceleration and cornering). I do not think Allan's lambo can necessarily hang in the corners with the tire and suspension disadvantage. It is not setup for that kind of driving. I do believe there are many cars however that could not only match but exceed the all around performance of the Exige in multiple conditions. They are out there. The owners are just not so stupid as to risk their lives and other's lives in a condition which has many variables that cannot be controlled like they are on a track. Ronin has been invited to run on the track before, there is distinctly a feeling that he does not pick up on challenges in this sort of environment for reasons unknown (I won't go so far as to say that he is afraid). Ronin has already stated that his car has some crazy acceleration numbers and has even tried comparison to a Hennessey running STREET tires. Allan has called him on that acceleration, nothing more. So it's either a acceleration run or nothing at all. In addition, if Ronin really wants to see what his car can do on a track afterwards, it should be an open invite to ANY street car, as his premise has always been that his car is unmatched by anything (including superbikes, lol)

Nope, I don't misunderstand. But thanks for checking! :icon_thumleft:

I can try to clear it up for you though, since you seem a little behind (and there is no way to catch up now that L4P censored the thread)

Ronin talked sh!t about his Exige.

Allan talked sh!t about Ronin's claims.

Ronin has OCD for sh!t talking, and stepped it up for Allan.

Allan said he'd take him in a straight line.

Ronin said straight line is irrelevant and he wants a road race (the Exige won't stand a chance in a straight line race with a TT'd Gallardo, that much is obvious)

Allan said a road race is not valid (and dangerous) and hypothetically offered to take it to the track and even suggested they rent one for their challenge race (both parties actually challenged pink slips at this point, but we'll ignore that because it's a silly thing to do). NOTE HERE: Allan is the one to bring up taking it to a track, hence the context for your response above is out of date.

The audience on all forums involved decided that a time-attack on-track challenge would be the safest and most valid settler of all the sh!t talk.

Ronin has not formally responded or agreed to the idea of a track challenge.

Allan has not formally responded or agreed to the idea of a track challenge.

That's about where we are now.

Hope that helps.

Okay cool, up to date now ;) I will state though, that the offer to run on the track (with other cars, not Allan's) has been made to Ronin previously. This is not the first time. Funny, it has not happened and it always came off to me as if Ronin has been intentionally avoiding it, always stating that the canyon was always free and that he'd be running there. Ronin should know full well of the danger there yet he still continues to run at full tilt in that environment.

I'd actually like him to explain himself. Running on the highway is dangerous, but canyon running takes it to the next level. Blind corners mean you have no idea what's ahead of you, slow traffic, a cyclist, etc. And those ahead have no idea that someone is hauling serious ass behind and cannot evade. I used to divebomb descents on my road and time trial bicycle at well over 45-50 mph and understand the adrenaline rush felt by being exposed and pushing the limits. The risks might be worth it if he was in an isolated environment all by himself, but anyone could be there. Roads are not closed off to my knowledge. When Ronin runs, people ahead of him don't even realize that he has just included them in his little risk taking adventure. He knows full well what can happen. On streetfire, there's a video of his Hoosier R6 slick on the rear left blowing out and almost completely f*cking him midcorner. It could have been seriously bad news if someone was coming the other way. So it is obvious that the track should be the venue.

As to who should go against the exige? I say anyone. Ronin bragged that his car 3 years ago was beating the fastest ZX-6R's at Big Willow. If Ronin really wants to prove his car is the quickest like he says, it should be an open invite to everyone. Easier yet, he could show at the next organized time attack event in CA. Events like this are already organized and ready with safety features in place, etc. Time and data collection are unbiased and professional. Classes are already established to ensure relative competitiveness and equality. Redline time attack is pretty well known, if he wins, there'll be some publicity and everyone will acknowledge the car. There's plenty of events already setup at Buttonwillow, Willow Springs, and Thunderhill. HE DOES NOT HAVE TO WAIT FOR ALLAN. All he has to do is show up at a time attack event. That is where the best run. Then he can prove himself, no excuses

I have several questions about this thread.

1. Who the fcuk cares its a fcuking Lotus.

2. Who the fcuk cares cause roninrectum looks like Charlie the fcuking walrus.

And my last question is answered right here. What the fcuk were you doing over there to begin with.

IMG_3237.jpg

Okay cool, up to date now ;) I will state though, that the offer to run on the track (with other cars, not Allan's) has been made to Ronin previously. This is not the first time. Funny, it has not happened and it always came off to me as if Ronin has been intentionally avoiding it, always stating that the canyon was always free and that he'd be running there. Ronin should know full well of the danger there yet he still continues to run at full tilt in that environment.

I'd actually like him to explain himself. Running on the highway is dangerous, but canyon running takes it to the next level. Blind corners mean you have no idea what's ahead of you, slow traffic, a cyclist, etc. And those ahead have no idea that someone is hauling serious ass behind and cannot evade. I used to divebomb descents on my road and time trial bicycle at well over 45-50 mph and understand the adrenaline rush felt by being exposed and pushing the limits. The risks might be worth it if he was in an isolated environment all by himself, but anyone could be there. Roads are not closed off to my knowledge. When Ronin runs, people ahead of him don't even realize that he has just included them in his little risk taking adventure. He knows full well what can happen. On streetfire, there's a video of his Hoosier R6 slick on the rear left blowing out and almost completely f*cking him midcorner. It could have been seriously bad news if someone was coming the other way. So it is obvious that the track should be the venue.

As to who should go against the exige? I say anyone. Ronin bragged that his car 3 years ago was beating the fastest ZX-6R's at Big Willow. If Ronin really wants to prove his car is the quickest like he says, it should be an open invite to everyone. Easier yet, he could show at the next organized time attack event in CA. Events like this are already organized and ready with safety features in place, etc. Time and data collection are unbiased and professional. Classes are already established to ensure relative competitiveness and equality. Redline time attack is pretty well known, if he wins, there'll be some publicity and everyone will acknowledge the car. There's plenty of events already setup at Buttonwillow, Willow Springs, and Thunderhill. HE DOES NOT HAVE TO WAIT FOR ALLAN. All he has to do is show up at a time attack event. That is where the best run. Then he can prove himself, no excuses

Agreed. And that's what we'll clear up soon enough. It's down to put up or shut up time for both parties. And I for one seriously hope it happens (and as safely as possible). It's all for fun, and some bragging rights too of course. These two beasts (the cars that is....well maybe the drivers too! :D ) need to be let loose!

I mean really, both stand to gain some nice props from victory... The anti-Lotus sentiment here alone is enough to warrant serious kudos if the Lotus should win (bewildering how many herd are demonstrating that they buy cars for status alone rather than performance). And similarly if Allan wins the it speaks volumes for the well roundedness of a TT Gallardo putting down ridiculous HP that it can indeed still turn and not kill you!

Either way, it's time to STEP UP (couldn't resist!)

The fact of the matter remains, that I didnt call Ronin out on his Canyon Carving skills... If he wants to kill himself..let him... I hope to read about it soon... What I did call him out on was the fact that he pretends to have been someone he wasnt... Im hearing he is a retired cab driver? None of the cars he posted pics claiming to have been his prior to the Lotus were ever at any point his, and most of all... THAT HIS POS little Elise will never run the claimed acceleration numbers he has gone on every single forum to hype up.... He enters every single thread that is completely and totally all about nothing BUT acceleration and posts his gay ass videos.... Atfirst I was nice to him, simply offering him my VBOX to verify the numbers... thats when he went off the deep end and decided that Canyon Racing is where its at..

He is simply an old man who never accomplished much of anything hoping to go out with what in his mind is some kind of an accomplishment.. I mean the retard is sending videos of himself to John Hennesey challanging him to Canyon runs and making fake vids of himself racing Hennesey...

The guy is a loser, and as I said he has already backed down from the Lambo in terms of acceleration... now I challange him with my Porsche. Im even gonna pay for shipping the Vbox to Speedandmotion, god knows Roninfag couldnt put 2 nickels together..

I have several questions about this thread.

And my last question is answered right here. What the fcuk were you doing over there to begin with.

I just spend some time on that site and I feel sick, seriously... so many posers

OMG...Allan vs Ronin. I can't believe it. The two most ego-centric, hard-headed mofos on the web going tete-on-tete. lol This should be awesome.

I know Ronin from back in my Lotus days. He's got a hell of a mouth on him. He talks a lot of sh!t, but he can back a lot of it up too, to a surprising extent.

Allan, what are you doing bullying people in the Lotus section of L4P?? And I thought you hated L4P anyway??

Not very Art-of-War like of you. That's a good way to get whooped by an underdog and be left with your pants at your ankles.

The Lotus Elise and Exige are very capable cars with a lot of untapped potential in that little 1.8L. Underestimating them is a mistake.

Maybe so. What you describe is likely the pain of every GTR and LFA owner as well.

Regardless, this whole discussion centers on the performance potentials of car and driver. I didn't know how else to take the comment except in the context of the current topic, which then infers the comment was derogatory towards the Lotus' capabilities and nothing to do with status. If the comment was meant to define the status of Lotus vs Lambo then it's a little misplaced in this discussion (and irrelevant...status is for high school cheerleaders...I respect Lpower members too much to assume they bought their Lambo purely for status).

In addition, i respect any car and any driver that can deliver, regardless of make, model, age, gender, race, etc.

We have two cars that can deliver. Maybe three since Allan has volunteered his Porsche into the mix.

We have two drivers that each think they are up to the task.

Now all that is left is a date, time, and location. Everything else is BS beyond those discussion points.

Just take it over to lotussport.org. No one will lock or edit a thread over there. I'd say bring it here, since you are a Mod, but the rest of the gang might not approve (honestly I have trouble putting a finger on the policy here...it seems lax most of the time but also feels a bit too cultured to risk that conversation getting out of control)

Well, to be fair, it was left off with both of you saying you wanted a race. No one backed down as far as i could tell. Everything else was just trash talk.

Are you declining the race? Or just suggesting we revert back to a vbox datalog post? Or would you go through with a head to head? No shame either way, but i just think we should be clear.

The vbox route makes sense, though it does leave room for debate. If thats the direction then will you go to lotussport.org and post your conditions?

I was looking forward to watching you guys race too! :(

FYI Frank mentioned that he is trying to register here so you guys can set this up one way or another. However he is being blocked for some reason. Is the registration system ok? He also invited you Allan to come over to lotussport.org with the promise that the thread will be unmoderated so everyone can speak openly.

That's exactly what I told Frank too...safer.

So how does this work? You record your times, send the vbox to speedandmotion who saves the data, then they send the vbox to Frank, who does the same?

Gotta love technology. You guys can race without ever meeting. Lol. I am a full time telecommuter but this brings "working remotely" to a whole new level! Lol. :D

So it looks like Frank is blocked from registering here? Looks like he got banned from L4P as well.

Well, we still have plenty of room to post the Vbox data here and on Lotussport.org. I can't wait to see the results!

After some more thought on this I really think you guys need to get to a track. The current Vbox proposal just leaves too much wiggle room for excuses either way.

One of you should step up and make a formal challenge with a time, date, and location. If the other one steps down from that challenge with excuses or whatever then so be it, the issue is dead. If not, then we (finally) have something real. So far only trash talk and hypothetical challenges have been made for a track event. You did mention renting a track and taking it there, but I don't think Frank thought you were serious. Show him you are serious and let's do this for real.

I just want to see the damn cars run! lol I don't care about all the ego stuff. I just want to see these two beautiful machines go head to head, even if it's time-attack style on the track. Best of 5 laps...whatever, doesn't matter. But I do think the Vbox 0-120 straight line comparison is not telling enough given the capabilities of these two machines and the reported abilities of their corresponding drivers. :D

Allan, if Frank was willing to get to a track would you really do it?

Nope, I don't misunderstand. But thanks for checking! :icon_thumleft:

I can try to clear it up for you though, since you seem a little behind (and there is no way to catch up now that L4P censored the thread)

Ronin talked sh!t about his Exige.

Allan talked sh!t about Ronin's claims.

Ronin has OCD for sh!t talking, and stepped it up for Allan.

Allan said he'd take him in a straight line.

Ronin said straight line is irrelevant and he wants a road race (the Exige won't stand a chance in a straight line race with a TT'd Gallardo, that much is obvious)

Allan said a road race is not valid (and dangerous) and hypothetically offered to take it to the track and even suggested they rent one for their challenge race (both parties actually challenged pink slips at this point, but we'll ignore that because it's a silly thing to do). NOTE HERE: Allan is the one to bring up taking it to a track, hence the context for your response above is out of date.

The audience on all forums involved decided that a time-attack on-track challenge would be the safest and most valid settler of all the sh!t talk.

Ronin has not formally responded or agreed to the idea of a track challenge.

Allan has not formally responded or agreed to the idea of a track challenge.

That's about where we are now.

Hope that helps.

Agreed. And that's what we'll clear up soon enough. It's down to put up or shut up time for both parties. And I for one seriously hope it happens (and as safely as possible). It's all for fun, and some bragging rights too of course. These two beasts (the cars that is....well maybe the drivers too! :D ) need to be let loose!

I mean really, both stand to gain some nice props from victory... The anti-Lotus sentiment here alone is enough to warrant serious kudos if the Lotus should win (bewildering how many herd are demonstrating that they buy cars for status alone rather than performance). And similarly if Allan wins the it speaks volumes for the well roundedness of a TT Gallardo putting down ridiculous HP that it can indeed still turn and not kill you!

Either way, it's time to STEP UP (couldn't resist!)

Seriously man, give it a rest.

Meh, my bad, I skimmed it........nvm re: 2.03 laptime.

If my memory serves me correctly, didnt this ronin guy blow a tire during one of his canyon fests? I vaguely recall seeing a video of his car, or a car like his and midcorner...........BANG.......and he was stopped facing the edge of the road. Just like that.

Thats a pretty light slap on the wrist considering the typical learning curve on those kinds of roads.

Guest Rob Burgundy

Wheels replacement has arrived.

If my memory serves me correctly, didnt this ronin guy blow a tire during one of his canyon fests? I vaguely recall seeing a video of his car, or a car like his and midcorner...........BANG.......and he was stopped facing the edge of the road. Just like that.

Thats a pretty light slap on the wrist considering the typical learning curve on those kinds of roads.

yes, that was him...

Incident at 2:50

And you are.....? The forum police? Do i need to show you my login and proof of registration? :eusa_think:

I'm actually well rested, thx though! :icon_thumleft:

"Seriously man"...Come out from behind the little monitor there before you get on with bossing, roger, Roger?

Your posts are monumental contributions to the world, by the way...

But only when timed by a Timex wristwatch.

I agree 100% with everything you've posted here.

Absolutely insane.

Congrats!

I believe so.

That's a hot wheel.

Bad ass!

You will like it.

stupidity and gasoline are a dangerous mixture.

It goes on and on like this for 28 pages... Get that post count where you want it yet??

Not choosing sides, but prior to 2:50 it looks like fun!

Watching the slow-mo version I still can't tell if he's doing a very fast and well-done countersteer to the slide, or if the blown tire/slide/curb is causing the wheel to whip around in (luckily) the correct direction to countersteer. If it was intentional then it was a good (and still lucky) save.

That does look like a beautiful road to drive on. Wish we had stuff like that around here. Best we have here are the roads that follow the Mississippi. Can't imagine what the folks on the side of the road must think seeing that Elis-ige go whizzing by.

Watching the slow-mo version I still can't tell if he's doing a very fast and well-done countersteer to the slide, or if the blown tire/slide/curb is causing the wheel to whip around in (luckily) the correct direction to countersteer. If it was intentional then it was a good (and still lucky) save.

That does look like a beautiful road to drive on. Wish we had stuff like that around here. Best we have here are the roads that follow the Mississippi. Can't imagine what the folks on the side of the road must think seeing that Elis-ige go whizzing by.

I am no physics expert but it does look like as soon as the tires hit or the initial jerk happens he doesnt touch the wheel too much but it goes sliding in the "correct" direction which like you said is lucky.

Here in So CAL we have some mountain roads that have twisty and turns, but i don't have such a beast to play and enjoy the road with. They were probably thinking "there goes another idiot speeding on these roads".

OK OK, lets be real. I KNOW I'm the only one that's gonna say this.

Allan, can you really run on a track? Cause that's where the real drivers are...

The "from a roll" or straight line 0-180 or whatever is stupid cause all you have to do is mash the accelerator and shift in half way decent time and you'll destroy anyone... EVERYONE on the internet knows anything short of a Veyron GS or an 1800hp GTR won't touch you. It's academic, done........

The issue is, can you drive. Or even so, in equal cars on the same track? I'm not trying to be an asshole, I'm just saying the whole argument is dumb since you own a 1000hp Gallardo and most people don't. Its one of the fastest cars on the planet, bottomline (in a straight line). So continuing to push that envelope is kinda ghey....at least to me.......I know others don't have the cajones to even go there and say this.

So the real question is....Allan can you really take out fools on a real race track or will you forever be JUST a quarter mile king?

Not trying to cause problems, I'm just sayin'......... If you can drive then so be it (bust his ass).. Get to Willow Creek and race the guy in either the G or the 997 and stop all this panzy "I'm faster than you" shit...

And you are.....? The forum police? Do i need to show you my login and proof of registration? :eusa_think:

"Seriously man"...Come out from behind the little monitor there before you get on with bossing, roger, Roger?

It goes on and on like this for 28 pages... Get that post count where you want it yet??

Haha, I love it, internet tough guy. :lol2: I think it's pretty funny that you went back and edited your post after doing all of this research on my posts; because your initial post was not long winded enough. Good job, do you feel smarter now?

Obviously I am not the one concerned with post count since I have, what, like 700 posts in 2.5 years or so? I like Lambopower but I don't exactly have the time to write multiple, long winded posts in the same thread as you seem to have the time to do. You, on the other hand remind me of a kid with ADD, posting volumes on things that have nothing to do with you, and trying to stir up shit in the process. Are you sure you aren't The Ronin, because you remind me of him?

By the way, my contributions to the world are not made through my posts on Lambopower, unlike you. I prefer to do that in the real world.

Just relax is all bud. No need to burn up all your keystrokes in one thread. And TurboGallardo is one of the good guys so take a breath.

OK OK, lets be real. I KNOW I'm the only one that's gonna say this.

Allan, can you really run on a track? Cause that's where the real drivers are...

The "from a roll" or straight line 0-180 or whatever is stupid cause all you have to do is mash the accelerator and shift in half way decent time and you'll destroy anyone... EVERYONE on the internet knows anything short of a Veyron GS or an 1800hp GTR won't touch you. It's academic, done........

The issue is, can you drive. Or even so, in equal cars on the same track? I'm not trying to be an asshole, I'm just saying the whole argument is dumb since you own a 1000hp Gallardo and most people don't. Its one of the fastest cars on the planet, bottomline (in a straight line). So continuing to push that envelope is kinda ghey....at least to me.......I know others don't have the cajones to even go there and say this.

So the real question is....Allan can you really take out fools on a real race track or will you forever be JUST a quarter mile king?

Not trying to cause problems, I'm just sayin'......... If you can drive then so be it (bust his ass).. Get to Willow Creek and race the guy in either the G or the 997 and stop all this panzy "I'm faster than you" shit...

Why would anyone wealthy take time out of a busy schedule to meet someone from the internet to settle an internet argument surrounding a Lotus of all things? I'd rather carve my eyes out with a spoon than arrange to meet some loser for a clown showdown.

Honestly most of this thread belongs on Kids Say The Darndest Things.