AllanLambo vs. ronin MEGATHREAD (merged, NWS)

Allan-Herbie

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a Lotus. Who the fcuk cares. End of story.

Not very Art-of-War like of you. That's a good way to get whooped by an underdog and be left with your pants at your ankles.

The Lotus Elise and Exige are very capable cars with a lot of untapped potential in that little 1.8L. Underestimating them is a mistake.

Not very Art-of-War like of you. That's a good way to get whooped by an underdog and be left with your pants at your ankles.

The Lotus Elise and Exige are very capable cars with a lot of untapped potential in that little 1.8L. Underestimating them is a mistake.

I agree.. I think it is a cool car, with a douchebag of an owner...

I don't think it was a performance evaluation. I believe it was more of a, "well it's a lotus, and this is a Lamborghini." Argument. Not saying Lotus' aren't capable, but financial value wise, the Lamborghini comes with a higher price and social status. Like a POS owner who says, well my Plastic mess-06 is just as fast. Sure, but at the end of the day it's a Chevrolet.

I don't think it was a performance evaluation. I believe it was more of a, "well it's a lotus, and this is a Lamborghini." Argument. Not saying Lotus' aren't capable, but financial value wise, the Lamborghini comes with a higher price and social status. Like a POS owner who says, well my Plastic mess-06 is just as fast. Sure, but at the end of the day it's a Chevrolet.

I can relate --- a few years ago at an event, a few friends brought their 360's & 430's over while I was the lone guy with a Lambo. Naturally, Lambo's vs F-cars quickly became the conversation. Someone mentioned, "yeah, how d'you like your Audi?" There was a 2-second dead silence and all eyes were upon me until I said, "well, actually, I like it a lot more than your Fiat's." Everyone just burst into laughter. :icon_mrgreen:

Interesting guy this "Ronin". This name fits him well...I wonder if he knew how a Ronin is defined in the Japanese Samurai culture? Let's just say part of it means "absolutely no honour." Can't make it out from the pic, what watch was he wearing? :icon_mrgreen:

Damn... Just as things were getting good.. they pulled the plug....

Its a good thing to know only losers race straightline..WINNERS race on the Canyons! LOL

Maybe so. What you describe is likely the pain of every GTR and LFA owner as well.

Regardless, this whole discussion centers on the performance potentials of car and driver. I didn't know how else to take the comment except in the context of the current topic, which then infers the comment was derogatory towards the Lotus' capabilities and nothing to do with status. If the comment was meant to define the status of Lotus vs Lambo then it's a little misplaced in this discussion (and irrelevant...status is for high school cheerleaders...I respect Lpower members too much to assume they bought their Lambo purely for status).

In addition, i respect any car and any driver that can deliver, regardless of make, model, age, gender, race, etc.

We have two cars that can deliver. Maybe three since Allan has volunteered his Porsche into the mix.

We have two drivers that each think they are up to the task.

Now all that is left is a date, time, and location. Everything else is BS beyond those discussion points.

Damn... Just as things were getting good.. they pulled the plug....

Its a good thing to know only losers race straightline..WINNERS race on the Canyons! LOL

Just take it over to lotussport.org. No one will lock or edit a thread over there. I'd say bring it here, since you are a Mod, but the rest of the gang might not approve (honestly I have trouble putting a finger on the policy here...it seems lax most of the time but also feels a bit too cultured to risk that conversation getting out of control)

Just take it over to lotussport.org. No one will lock or edit a thread over there. I'd say bring it here, since you are a Mod, but the rest of the gang might not approve (honestly I have trouble putting a finger on the policy here...it seems lax most of the time but also feels a bit too cultured to risk that conversation getting out of control)

Ronin did enough backpeddling in the end... He admitted his shit would get stomped, admitted he lied about his claimed 0-60's by now saying that was the record held by his Rs200 ford ( not his btw) .. Anyone who could publicly claim that real drivers race in the Canyons..is a fcuking looney toon..fcuk him....

On a side note, his car is kinda cool, I would never want one of those little shitcans but even with all his bullshit hype, it still looked cool..

SocalspeedZone knows him, and Ill be glad to lend him my Vbox and he can go record his best 0-120 run.... Then Ill run my Porsche.. Then maybe he will off himself..

Well, to be fair, it was left off with both of you saying you wanted a race. No one backed down as far as i could tell. Everything else was just trash talk.

Are you declining the race? Or just suggesting we revert back to a vbox datalog post? Or would you go through with a head to head? No shame either way, but i just think we should be clear.

The vbox route makes sense, though it does leave room for debate. If thats the direction then will you go to lotussport.org and post your conditions?

I was looking forward to watching you guys race too! :(

FYI Frank mentioned that he is trying to register here so you guys can set this up one way or another. However he is being blocked for some reason. Is the registration system ok? He also invited you Allan to come over to lotussport.org with the promise that the thread will be unmoderated so everyone can speak openly.

Well, to be fair, it was left off with both of you saying you wanted a race. No one backed down as far as i could tell. Everything else was just trash talk.

Are you declining the race? Or just suggesting we revert back to a vbox datalog post? Or would you go through with a head to head? No shame either way, but i just think we should be clear.

The vbox route makes sense, though it does leave room for debate. If thats the direction then will you go to lotussport.org and post your conditions?

I was looking forward to watching you guys race too! :(

He left saying that 1200hp has the advantage , now he will race me 0-120... At this point,, Id rather slaughter him in my Porsche.. The road I do my runs is a 2 lane hwy, no place to race side by side.. Ive already spoken to SocalSpeedzone and informed him that I will meet up with both of them, or just give them my Vbox to use.. either way, he will get slaughtered, and either way he will go off saying that in the Canyon races he would kill everyone..which eventually he will do..litterally

SpeedandMotion... Let me know when you want the vbox..

Rock! Nice of you to loan your box Allan!

I'm looking forward to seeing the times!! Yay for data!!! (the scientist-gone-engineer in me gets all warm and fuzzy with the notion of good, solid data to compare!).

Rock! Nice of you to loan your box Allan!

I'm looking forward to seeing the times!! Yay for data!!! (the scientist-gone-engineer in me gets all warm and fuzzy with the notion of good, solid data to compare!).

Yes, and in reality, since we can use the exact same road, its much safer than racing.. everything can be taken from the vbox. Even if both cars hit say 100 in the exact same time, the vbox shows how many feet it took to hit 100 and therby which car would be ahead.. I dont even know of any roads where you can really go out and race side by side in LA relatively safely..

Yes, and in reality, since we can use the exact same road, its much safer than racing.. everything can be taken from the vbox. Even if both cars hit say 100 in the exact same time, the vbox shows how many feet it took to hit 100 and therby which car would be ahead.. I dont even know of any roads where you can really go out and race side by side in LA relatively safely..

That's exactly what I told Frank too...safer.

So how does this work? You record your times, send the vbox to speedandmotion who saves the data, then they send the vbox to Frank, who does the same?

Gotta love technology. You guys can race without ever meeting. Lol. I am a full time telecommuter but this brings "working remotely" to a whole new level! Lol. :D

So it looks like Frank is blocked from registering here? Looks like he got banned from L4P as well.

Well, we still have plenty of room to post the Vbox data here and on Lotussport.org. I can't wait to see the results!

So it looks like Frank is blocked from registering here? Looks like he got banned from L4P as well.

Well, we still have plenty of room to post the Vbox data here and on Lotussport.org. I can't wait to see the results!

I dont think he is blocked from registering here... soon as the holidays are over I will send the box to Speedandmotion.

Well, the only thing the exige has going for it is that it's running essentially full "cheater" slicks. Hoosier R6's...

DOT labeled Hoosier Racing Tires meet Department of Transportation requirements for marking and performance only and are NOT INTENDED FOR HIGHWAY USE. It is unsafe to operate any Hoosier Racing Tire including DOT tires on public roads. The prohibited use of Hoosier Racing Tires on public roadways may result in loss of traction, unexpected loss of vehicle control, or sudden loss of tire pressure, resulting in a vehicle crash and possibly injury or death.

It is in no way a street legal tire. I think that there a hundreds of rally cars faster, and plenty of highly tuned rx-7's, evos, sti's, S2000's and nsx's, not to mention, ariel atoms, caterhams, radicals, 599 gto's and other supercars or track oriented cars that with slicks would simply blow it away even in his canyon racing element. A F458 or a GT3 RS slightly race prepped on slicks would be at least as fast and as quick. Until Ronin does the responsible thing and go to a track, though, it can't be proven. That's the beauty of canyon racing, there are no lap times, so people can say whatever they want. It's not that it's not a quick car, but the fact is, I don't know anyone who runs cheater slicks on the touge who really wants to die that bad or get someone else killed. Doing a standing acceleration run up an incline is a slight advantage when traction is needed for a short run up to 60. It's doing the effect of weight shifting everything to those rear tires. Allan, get some really sticky tires (hoosiers would eliminate tire performance discrepancy), check the tune if you have time, and slam those gear changes fast if you need them!

Our policy is : "Dont be a douchebag, and you'll be fine..."

Well, the only thing the exige has going for it is that it's running essentially full "cheater" slicks. Hoosier R6's...

DOT labeled Hoosier Racing Tires meet Department of Transportation requirements for marking and performance only and are NOT INTENDED FOR HIGHWAY USE. It is unsafe to operate any Hoosier Racing Tire including DOT tires on public roads. The prohibited use of Hoosier Racing Tires on public roadways may result in loss of traction, unexpected loss of vehicle control, or sudden loss of tire pressure, resulting in a vehicle crash and possibly injury or death.

It is in no way a street legal tire. I think that there a hundreds of rally cars faster, and plenty of highly tuned rx-7's, evos, sti's, S2000's and nsx's, not to mention, ariel atoms, caterhams, radicals, 599 gto's and other supercars or track oriented cars that with slicks would simply blow it away even in his canyon racing element. A F458 or a GT3 RS slightly race prepped on slicks would be at least as fast and as quick. Until Ronin does the responsible thing and go to a track, though, it can't be proven. That's the beauty of canyon racing, there are no lap times, so people can say whatever they want. It's not that it's not a quick car, but the fact is, I don't know anyone who runs cheater slicks on the touge who really wants to die that bad or get someone else killed. Doing a standing acceleration run up an incline is a slight advantage when traction is needed for a short run up to 60. It's doing the effect of weight shifting everything to those rear tires. Allan, get some really sticky tires (hoosiers would eliminate tire performance discrepancy), check the tune if you have time, and slam those gear changes fast if you need them!

Getting them out to a track with SpeedandMotion filming would be ideal. But I just suspect we'll not get either party to agree to that.

Honestly though, with all the trash talk that went back and forth, I don't see why not! Both parties seem to report having the balls to do it. Maybe if the audience shouts out we'll get the show we really want to see! :D

This is understandable and I agree in many respects, but I think we need to also hold drivers to a similar standard.

There are some amazing drivers out there who drive very inexpensive cars and a bunch of very average/subpar high end exotic owners. If you cannot walk the walk, then you shouldn't talk the talk.