NFL Playoffs 2010-2011

Smash Boy

No, what does Superbowl 42 have to do with yesterday? :eusa_think:

Brady had his worst game of the season yesterday. He was deplorable, completely unfocused, and acted like a spoiled teenager. You can tell if the Pats are going to win in the first 30 seconds of the game, if he isn't yelling at anyone then they are going to lose. The Jets came out, played hard like they said they would all week. They won, and deserved it. They didn't botch a punt, drop TDs, nor waste the fourth quarter on a drive to nowhere. I'm the absolute last guy to criticize him, but he sucked yesterday. Of course he isn't the only one to blame, but he's the one who has to get everyone in line, and he didn't.

On a more positive note as a Pats/Steelers fan it's been a good decade for me :icon_super:

Pats/Steelers fan? :tyson: :icon_mrgreen:

I mentioned S.B. 42 as another example of where Brady is supposed to be infallible, and wasn't. People too often like to call these games as Patriots losses instead of wins for their opponents if you get my drift...

As for Brady's performance, I agree it wasn't his best. It's possible this game was won mentally by the Jets before the teams hit the field...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate the fcuking JETS dammit!!!!!!!

I don't care who goes to the Super Bowl at this point as long as the Jets lose. What a classless organization.

I don't care who goes to the Super Bowl at this point as long as the Jets lose. What a classless organization.

:thefinger:

QUOTE (pikemike420 @ Jan 17 2011, 09:58 AM)

:thefinger:

:eusa_think: :eusa_naughty: :iamwithstupid:

BTW: Let Cutler do his job & we'll do our job....to WIN the superbowl!!!

This coming from (I'm assuming) a fan of an organization who has been REPEATEDLY caught cheating. Say what you want about respecting the game in regards to trash talking. But, cheating the game multiple times shows a much larger disrespect of the game and it's history, IMHO.

The Jets looked like they were outmatched by the Pats on the first drive. After that they settled in and played a great defensive secondary game. Brady had all day to throw, but no one to throw it to.

Brady seemed out of sorts, 5 sacks kept him guessing I suppose.

J-E-T-S, Jets Jets Jets!

Pats came out and did their thing first TWO drives. Looked like it was going to be a blow-out. Problem was, not scoring a TD on that first drive and the Jets scoring a TD on their possession right away gave the Jets some momentum. They realized they COULD in fact play with them, and it wasnt gonna be like the last game. So they turned up the heat like a good playoff team should. They made adjustments defensively and that was all she wrote. Not to mention the Jets offense was playing inspired. It was an all around well coached (I think the coaches focused more than usual during last weeks preparation as well, they said as much during press conf. during the week); well played game by the Jets. Pats didn't lay down but they were were beat by a better playing team yesterday. Plain and simple.

Also pressure and tight coverage are a serious nuisance to a QB. QBs have an internal clock of when they need to be getting rid of the ball, when that time passes they start looking around for the guy thats about to hit them. I saw Brady flinch a couple times when the guy wasn't even close. Tom Brady isn't fearless. He's been hit and hurt before, he's a little more careful than BigBen... That definitely had something to do with it. Even Payton Manning gets the jitters. The Jets have figured something out with those two. That's always the first thing my defensive coaches used to say in college (one of which was Lovie Smith by the way)....Don't worry about confusing the QB with coverages and checks (he'll just audible out), just rattle him, and irritate the receivers by being physical, and we'll get into their head and disrupt what they're trying to do. Even on running plays, just hit him and let him know you're gonna be here all day... Ben Rothlisburger is probably the ONLY guy that doesn't care if people are falling around him at his ankles and grabbing his knees. Ben is fearless...Cause he hasnt been blasted by a big sack yet in his career. Brady's been put out for the season remember.

Brady had his worst game of the season yesterday. He was deplorable, completely unfocused, and acted like a spoiled teenager. You can tell if the Pats are going to win in the first 30 seconds of the game, if he isn't yelling at anyone then they are going to lose. The Jets came out, played hard like they said they would all week. They won, and deserved it. They didn't botch a punt, drop TDs, nor waste the fourth quarter on a drive to nowhere. I'm the absolute last guy to criticize him, but he sucked yesterday. Of course he isn't the only one to blame, but he's the one who has to get everyone in line, and he didn't.

On a more positive note as a Pats/Steelers fan it's been a good decade for me :icon_super:

Worst game of the season because they lost?? And threw his first interception since October? He threw for 300yards and 2 touchdowns and lost by ONE touchdown. He didnt suck dude. He didnt play like a God, but you're better suited to put that on the Jets D rather than say Brady is the guy that cost them the game due to shitty play. Getting people in line?? Hah, these are grown men, if they cant be motivated for a playoff game then some guy yelling at them isnt going to make them. Tom Brady can't make a guy catch the ball better, his words can't all of a sudden make a guy block better (they can try harder but if they're beat they're beat. He can't make the receiver get free easier, NOR can he make HIS team's defense tackle or read the offense better. With all due respect, but, thats fanboy BS you're speaking right there. So I guess Peyton Manning Sucked the previous week as well? Two of the best most consistent Play-off QBs in NFL history, BOTH got beaten the same way. Through preparation and execution AS A TEAM. The New York Jets is a VERY dangerous team right now. Someone always has to lose......The pats as a team were just flat out beaten, nothing more than that...

The question is......can the JETS keep such a high level of execution every game. Cause Pittsburgh is gonna bring it!!!

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid:

J E T S suck suck suck suck

but they did play better than my fins :(

This coming from (I'm assuming) a fan of an organization who has been REPEATEDLY caught cheating. Say what you want about respecting the game in regards to trash talking. But, cheating the game multiple times shows a much larger disrespect of the game and it's history, IMHO.

nope.

This comes from a fan of the organization that there Strength and Condition coach stuck his knee out on, and was indefinitely suspended for. I am sure he and the players next to him were told to be where they were, and do what they did. If I was that player and that stunt ruined my career, I would have the J-E-T-S pay my salary for the rest of my life.

The lack of class from Rex Ryan is deplorable. His players and assistant coaches follow suit.

Worst game of the season because they lost?? And threw his first interception since October? He threw for 300yards and 2 touchdowns and lost by ONE touchdown. He didnt suck dude. He didnt play like a God, but you're better suited to put that on the Jets D rather than say Brady is the guy that cost them the game due to shitty play. Getting people in line?? Hah, these are grown men, if they cant be motivated for a playoff game then some guy yelling at them isnt going to make them. Tom Brady can't make a guy catch the ball better, his words can't all of a sudden make a guy block better (they can try harder but if they're beat they're beat. He can't make the receiver get free easier, NOR can he make HIS team's defense tackle or read the offense better. With all due respect, but, thats fanboy BS you're speaking right there. So I guess Peyton Manning Sucked the previous week as well? Two of the best most consistent Play-off QBs in NFL history, BOTH got beaten the same way. Through preparation and execution AS A TEAM. The New York Jets is a VERY dangerous team right now. Someone always has to lose......The pats as a team were just flat out beaten, nothing more than that...

The question is......can the JETS keep such a high level of execution every game. Cause Pittsburgh is gonna bring it!!!

Jeesh, did I not give the Jets credit? Is saying they came out and played hard, and deserved the win not good enough? They played harder and smarter than the pats, plain and simple. I should call Rex up though, he should know you don't have to motivate his guys....they are grown men after all.

I should have been less specific, I do apologize. It is a team sport, thus everyone in the pats had their worst game of the season. SuperBowl rings are the only things that matter. Just ask the Steelers, 49ers, Cowboys, Packers, Giants, Raiders, and Redskins organizations. Do you honestly think Brady cares about the 300 yards he threw for yesterday? No. He cares that he doesn't have four rings. (Not that he really cares, I'm sure Giselle is consoling him :lol2: )

(Not that he really cares, I'm sure Giselle is consoling him :lol2: )

:lol2: And very well I'm sure!!

Hey nothings wrong with a little friendly sports banter right?? :icon_thumleft:

:lol2: And very well I'm sure!!

Hey nothings wrong with a little friendly sports banter right?? :icon_thumleft:

Not at all!! You already know I'm a thickheaded Pats fan (Although since I am a Pats fan you already know I am thickheaded, or is it I am thickheaded and thus a pats fan? :lol2:)

:icon_thumleft:

nope.

This comes from a fan of the organization that there Strength and Condition coach stuck his knee out on, and was indefinitely suspended for. I am sure he and the players next to him were told to be where they were, and do what they did. If I was that player and that stunt ruined my career, I would have the J-E-T-S pay my salary for the rest of my life.

The lack of class from Rex Ryan is deplorable. His players and assistant coaches follow suit.

Even as a Jet fan I have to agree with you there. That little stunt by the Coach was sophomoric and quite frankly, dangerous. He's an asshole.

Rex is being Rex and it seems to work for his players ala Madden and Parcells in their day. As a coach, you find a "trick" and make it work.

nope.

Keep in mind that it has come to light that the Patriots were the first team to do this and the Jets only did it after they learned the Patriots were doing it, and coaching their players to do it.

So, I agree -- it's wrong. But, that's been about the only thing the Jets have done in that regard. The Patriots on the hand are just as guilty of that, and many other things in the past.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but this is the first offense for the Jets. The Pats can't say that... they have a history of cheating.

Just my 2c. And I'm a Cowboys fan, so I have no dog in this race cept I think the Pats are cheaters.

Keep in mind that it has come to light that the Patriots were the first team to do this and the Jets only did it after they learned the Patriots were doing it, and coaching their players to do it.

So, I agree -- it's wrong. But, that's been about the only thing the Jets have done in that regard. The Patriots on the hand are just as guilty of that, and many other things in the past.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but this is the first offense for the Jets. The Pats can't say that... they have a history of cheating.

Just my 2c. And I'm a Cowboys fan, so I have no dog in this race cept I think the Pats are cheaters.

Patriots were the first team to get CAUGHT.

Im not defending the Pats, I just have a big issue with that whole thing in general.....

Who gives a damn if they video record your signals from the sideline. It seems to be so contradictory. I don't think the NFL knows their ass from their hands sometimes. They let the public outcry dictate how they rule the league. Just like that stupid violent contact rule, vulnerable receiver cause he doesnt see you, rule. What about "Crack Back" and Blindside Blocks, where the defender looking the other way at the ball gets put on Sportscenter for the lick he took on a kick-off or punt return? Anyways thats a different argument for another day..

Ok, so as a coach, every play you have run for the last 10 years and previous years when you coached another team is on film. Every Audible your quarterback has made and hand signals is on tape/film. Every DEFENSIVE formation, call and defensive audibles that you linebackers make and adjustments that the DBs make when they switch from inside shade to outside shade or "nose-up" on the receivers is ON FILM. Everyone uses film to prepare for their next game do they NOT???? YES and the NFL willingly allows this; and as well there is video EXCHANGE between teams also of plays and practices and scrimmages in the preseason if they both so agree to do so....

So..............................How does looking at ONE coache's signals from the sideline going to actually give THAT MUCH of a significant advantage over the other team??? By the way, quiet as it's kept, it wasn't to get the plays, it was to try to spot the "Tells" on when it was a decoy signal vs a real play. Most of these teams already know what play is going to be run anyways.... At the NFL level it is, and always will be about execution and level of players on the roster. Just watch the film with an inside mic'd up Peyton Manning and you'll understand he has memorized the majority of every defenses audible and check calls from the line. When Ray Lewis says something, Manning knows exactly what he told his defense to do, it doesnt matter when they try to disguise it by lining up differently. But are the Colts in the SuperBowl every year?? NO. So the fact that, that was even used as a real issue is completely stupid...Calling them cheaters is silly because there was no rule against it in the first place. The NFL Commish had to draw a line to appease the fanbase that wouldnt understand, thats all.

Patriots were the first team to get CAUGHT.

Im not defending the Pats, I just have a big issue with that whole thing in general.....

Who gives a damn if they video record your signals from the sideline. It seems to be so contradictory. I don't think the NFL knows their ass from their hands sometimes. They let the public outcry dictate how they rule the league. Just like that stupid violent contact rule, vulnerable receiver cause he doesnt see you, rule. What about "Crack Back" and Blindside Blocks, where the defender looking the other way at the ball gets put on Sportscenter for the lick he took on a kick-off or punt return? Anyways thats a different argument for another day..

Ok, so as a coach, every play you have run for the last 10 years and previous years when you coached another team is on film. Every Audible your quarterback has made and hand signals is on tape/film. Every DEFENSIVE formation, call and defensive audibles that you linebackers make and adjustments that the DBs make when they switch from inside shade to outside shade or "nose-up" on the receivers is ON FILM. Everyone uses film to prepare for their next game do they NOT???? YES and the NFL willingly allows this; and as well there is video EXCHANGE between teams also of plays and practices and scrimmages in the preseason if they both so agree to do so....

So..............................How does looking at ONE coache's signals from the sideline going to actually give THAT MUCH of a significant advantage over the other team??? By the way, quiet as it's kept, it wasn't to get the plays, it was to try to spot the "Tells" on when it was a decoy signal vs a real play. Most of these teams already know what play is going to be run anyways.... At the NFL level it is, and always will be about execution and level of players on the roster. Just watch the film with an inside mic'd up Peyton Manning and you'll understand he has memorized the majority of every defenses audible and check calls from the line. When Ray Lewis says something, Manning knows exactly what he told his defense to do, it doesnt matter when they try to disguise it by lining up differently. But are the Colts in the SuperBowl every year?? NO. So the fact that, that was even used as a real issue is completely stupid...Calling them cheaters is silly because there was no rule against it in the first place. The NFL Commish had to draw a line to appease the fanbase that wouldnt understand, thats all.

Very interesting analysis here. :icon_thumleft:

I remember that Favre called a decoy audible that got the 49ers to bite in a playoff game, because Mike Holmgren knew that Steve Mariucci would know the audible having worked with Favre. This was talked about on the NFL Films documentary of that game.

This whole Patriots/Jets rivalry stems from Mangini's departure from New England to New York....it really rubbed Belichick the wrong way. Never seen a coach be that bitter over an assistant leaving....and even more angry when Mangini beat him.

Doesn't matter that Mangini left the Jets, the rivalry stands.

Steelers and Green Bay! Might be time to replace those Steelers Six Pack shirts!

However, at the end of the day, all I ask for is for the Steelers, Packers, or Bears to win the Superbowl. :icon_mrgreen:

However, at the end of the day, all I ask for is for the Steelers, Packers, or Bears to win the Superbowl. :icon_mrgreen:

A lot of people have echoed that same statement over the years, but made sure New England was the odd team out. :icon_mrgreen:

Steelers and Green Bay! Might be time to replace those Steelers Six Pack shirts!

:iamwithstupid:

Then Green Bay FTW.

Big Ben! Ring number 3!

Maybe everyone else will finally realize that Ben finally deserves some credit. Never understood why people prefer the pretty boys to the guy most people can actually relate to.