Front suspension noise

2thDr

Has anyone had any issues with a rattling, or clunking noise from the front of the Gallardo when driving over bumps? Even minor bumps. It happens at slow speeds and faster speeds. It also happens whether the front end is raised or lowered.

I've heard from two mechanics that the bushings and shocks may need to be replaced, and that it's a common issue with the Gallardo. He also said that it if it is fixed, the noise will eventually come back in 5-10 thousand miles.

I called the Lamborghini dealership in Houston and explained it to them and they say they've never heard of a problem like that and that it isn't common to the Gallardo to their knowledge.

Anyone?

If you have a early car I think 04/05 there are updated sway bar bushing. We installed allot of them for clunking type noise both front and rear can do it.

If you install the updated bushing it will not come back. The old sway bar bushings are white nylon. The new ones are black rubber looking ones.

I have a drivers side front bushing blow out. Made an awful racket. I ordered a set from O'Gara Coach Co, $70 or so and had an alignment shop put them in. Very simple.

I have a drivers side front bushing blow out. Made an awful racket. I ordered a set from O'Gara Coach Co, $70 or so and had an alignment shop put them in. Very simple.

Forgot to mention, it's an 06 Gallardo SE.

They also mentioned replacing the lifting dampers........

I just fixed, or improved that problem. I changed the battery on my lambo. That involves pulling out the whole front trunk. You get a good look at the frame and all the tubes and wires. I found the rain water drainage tubes from the front windshield had hardened with age. They weren't tied down to anything. They were rattling around in there. I tied them down with zipties. Made a big difference. Can still hear some suspension noise. But much better!!!

It's the dreaded "rattling silverware in a drawer" sound when you hit a bump, right? :eusa_think:

Very common. Some say it's stuff under the trunk tub that needs to be zip-tied down.

That's not it. Sway bar bushings may be the cure, don't know...haven't fixed it yet.

On a 06 or up and dose it when using lifting system. Are you sure it is not a creaking type sound. I have seen this issue on allot of 06 and up car. The creaking sound comes from the ball joints normal is the front upper but can be from any of them. Fairly normal. To get rid of the creaking nose must replace the control arms (they come with the ball joints). Have not seen any fail just make noise. The control arms are not cheep. I have done this repair under Warr. Most don't want to pay for it when out of Warr.

It's the dreaded "rattling silverware in a drawer" sound when you hit a bump, right? :eusa_think:

Very common. Some say it's stuff under the trunk tub that needs to be zip-tied down.

That's not it. Sway bar bushings may be the cure, don't know...haven't fixed it yet.

Thats the issue I am having! I thought it came from the steering column