Bed sheets. Any suggestions?

DickSimmons

Need some higher quality sheets. Only have 9 days till I fly back overseas and need to pick some up while I'm here. Good sheets in China are a rip off. The stores want like $1500 for a fitted sheet, flat sheet, pillow cases, and duvet with cover. Rip off. US prices are much more reasonable for same quality.

I'm looking at high thread count sheets on Amazon and such, but I'm hardly seeing an good reviews. Google isn't turning up much either.

Any suggestions on brand? What do your wives bring home?

I second the request for recommendations. I've had some HORRIBLE experiences lately with new, pricey, high-threadcount sheets that ended up feeling like scratchy cardboard.

Threadcount ain't everything. There's apparently more to it than that.

I second the request for recommendations. I've had some HORRIBLE experiences lately with new, pricey, high-threadcount sheets that ended up feeling like scratchy cardboard.

Threadcount ain't everything. There's apparently more to it than that.

:iamwithstupid:

No idea. But if you find out let me know. I have a queen and I hate all of my sheets. Most of the quality is shit. (Costco and BedBathBeyond brands).

Most don't know it, but I own a small chain of mattress stores. One of my lines is Tempurpedic and they have a nice line of linens. Here is a link to their site. http://www.tempurpedic.com/tempur-pedic/Bed-Linens.asp

If you see something you like, email me at [email protected], and I will see if I can get you a hookup.

If this offer is against the rules, please remove the post.

Brian, though others may not agree with me, if you live in a cold/cool climate in the area of China you are in, I've found the best sheets are flannel sheets. Once they've been through the wash a couple of times and the fuzz/lint is gone, they are second to none IMO.

Get some Chinese house wife MAKE ONE for you for a steal price!

If I don't like these ones and can't find anything good in the next few days, I probably will do that. There is fabric/upholstery marketing not too far away and they can do custom stuff. Just don't feel like dealing with that.

That reminds me though, I'll need to have someone measure my bed before I get back. The mattresses sizes are't the same.

Guest Rob Burgundy
Asian Queens are smaller too. Sad for us poor Chinese men.

:lol2:

Most don't know it, but I own a small chain of mattress stores. One of my lines is Tempurpedic and they have a nice line of linens. Here is a link to their site. http://www.tempurpedic.com/tempur-pedic/Bed-Linens.asp

If you see something you like, email me at [email protected], and I will see if I can get you a hookup.

If this offer is against the rules, please remove the post.

Tempur is my favorite :icon_super:

Every time we move we never take the furniture with us but my Tempur mattress always goes with me, the only thing I hate the damn thing is so heavy and awkward to carry the removal guys always bitch about it.

Brian I will ask my wife for you when she gets home.

Brian, though others may not agree with me, if you live in a cold/cool climate in the area of China you are in, I've found the best sheets are flannel sheets. Once they've been through the wash a couple of times and the fuzz/lint is gone, they are second to none IMO.

:iamwithstupid:

and they never feel anything like cardboard.

I would think that going to a high end department store would have what you are looking for. I use sheets with a very high thread count and our climates are about the same. They seem to be holding up and have remained soft.

I need some sheets with DEEP pockets. I have a pillowtop and the damn sheets never stay on the corners and then they crumple towards the center and im left with sleepy lines all over myself. Anyone know where to get really deep sheets for a King size?