Bed sheets. Any suggestions?

DickSimmons

Ive had 1200 count sheets and everything around there and bang for the buck these sheets are amazing! Just put a set of the bamboo sheets on my work bench and they are amazing!

Bamboo Sheets

The fitted sheet will be bigger than the bed in one dimension and won't be, well, fitted. Will be a bit loose.

Haha, yes I am aware of that. However if it were me I wouldn't be bothered by it.

Has anyone suggested the default answer of googling cloth from China and then sourcing the thread (again from China) and then Brian makes it himself saving £$€$€$€£. Oh.

Has anyone suggested the default answer of googling cloth from China and then sourcing the thread (again from China) and then Brian makes it himself saving £$€$€$€£. Oh.

The comedy almost writes itself with Wilson. Given his mattress surprised nobody has suggested woven kevlar sheets, 25,000 thread count, retardant against fire, urine, and pestilence.

Best place for sheets is Kohl's. They have an amazing array of sizes, and material. CHEAP AS HELL, but high quality. didn't believe it until the wife started buying from there.

The comedy almost writes itself with Wilson. Given his mattress surprised nobody has suggested woven kevlar sheets, 25,000 thread count, retardant against fire, urine, and pestilence.

LOL

I was waiting for your response hahaha

I am surprised the criteria didn't just simple read "must be able to be cleaned by a jet wash and/or fire."

Already considered it, but I want them to sleep on the day I get back. Don't feel like waiting for someone to cut/sew them. Can get good curtains and upholstery fabric cut there if you bring them exact measurements. I wouldn't go in there looking for the best of the best, but I imagine quality of the average cloth is equal to that of any larger retail chain in the US -- Macy, Target, BBB, and the likes.

Already considered it, but I want them to sleep on the day I get back. Don't feel like waiting for someone to cut/sew them. Can get good curtains and upholstery fabric cut there if you bring them exact measurements. I wouldn't go in there looking for the best of the best, but I imagine quality of the average cloth is equal to that of any larger retail chain in the US -- Macy, Target, BBB, and the likes.

By the way, I second the idea of NEVER buying sheets at Bed, Bath & Beyond. Even their most expensive, highest threadcount sheets are absolute shit.

From what I've gathered, thread count isn't everything. Thread size, singeing, and weave are all equally or more important. I guess thread count means very little to anyone other than the marketing department.

Baidu is 1000 times more popular than google and efficient in China.

For what its worth...I bought some high thread count sheets about 3 years ago at Dillards (U.S. Department store) and they've held up great...I believe they are 1200 thread count, but I could be a little off. They feel freaking great (like silk) even after 3 years...

Ive had 1200 count sheets and everything around there and bang for the buck these sheets are amazing! Just put a set of the bamboo sheets on my work bench and they are amazing!

Bamboo Sheets

On your work bench? Did you really just call your bed the "work bench?" Or was that a slip of mind while at the office? Personally I never use over 200 thread count on my work bench. My bed, thats whole different story....

On your work bench? Did you really just call your bed the "work bench?" Or was that a slip of mind while at the office? Personally I never use over 200 thread count on my work bench. My bed, thats whole different story....

Haha yes I referred to my bed as my work bench!

Brian, though others may not agree with me, if you live in a cold/cool climate in the area of China you are in, I've found the best sheets are flannel sheets. Once they've been through the wash a couple of times and the fuzz/lint is gone, they are second to none IMO.

I second that motion. Flannel is awesome in the winter.

I have the Nautica Jersey 100% cotton ones, it's stupid soft for no reason, but theya re crazy warm, if you want the cooler ones don't get the Jersey ones..so far really soft...it's kind of eerie actually. As for anything high end soft, I honestly can't help but i paid about 60 bucks for 2 pillow cases, sheet and fitted sheet.

Yeah flannel works as well.

Flannel is too warm and I think it will absorb too much moisture and sweat. Unless those sheets are getting sweaty for a reason, I don't want to be laying in them. Nothing I hate more than dampness on sheets and pillow cases. I've also never had a problem with warmth. If I need more of it, I just use a heavier duvet or turn up the heat.

Thread count is not everything in sheets.......in fact the high number most of the times are deceiving.

Remember those amps for cars back in the day that would boast 3000W when your phoenix gold amp only stated 300W?

Like anything, shop the brand and heritage if you want the best. I spend sooo much time in my bed 1/3 of my life so it was easy for me to justify spending some money on decent sheets.

I have sheets by Legna. Italian cotton wtih some wood fiber in it. Softest most durable sheets I have ever slept on. I had a GF at the time who was an interior decorator so she knew all about the ins and outs of nice sheets.

You will pay upwards of $1500 for a nice set (fitted king, 2 pillow cases, and comforter cover) but its well worth it. There are other sheets that are in access of $3k a set but for what I was looking for, the $1500 set did me just fine.

• 10 years later...
4 hours ago, easter1234 said:

I think the material of the sheets is very important. I recently fell in love with the linen sheets because he sleeps really warm in winter and cool in summer, and the more he washes, the softer he gets. I don't have to worry about the bad washing of the sheets.

Probably helps when you wet the bed a lot eh