2011 MB S63 AMG 5.5 V8 Bi-turbo

AJGlobal

Not only that, but at 26x hp and 47x ft/lbs stock, that thing has some room to grow. With $600 in tuning it very well could be a 350hp, 600ft/lb, 30+ mpg car.

So far diesels still kick the piss out of hybrids in about every arena.

This would be awesome if true. :icon_super:

The SLS is a 6.3 with more HP than the version in the S63 I have. Great way to make a new car, charge a shitload of money and already have the engine built. I'm guessing the new SLS will get the upgraded treatment as now the S63 with the 5.5 TT and the performance package will have the same HP as the SLS right on the dot. 563HP.

on a side note the sales guy called me this afternoon and told me the car is available to test drive. I guess the person who ordered it backed out. I'm going to go there tomorrow and take it for a spin.

Please let us know your thoughts. I've heard this car drives incredible.

This would be awesome if true. :icon_super:

I'm just looking at it from my prior experience with Diesels. Take my duramax for instance; 6.6L and in my crew cab 4x4 silverado (call it 8000lbs on average, empty) was making 360hp and 650 ft/lbs bone stock, getting between 18-20mpg average per tank.

4" turbo back exhaust and a PPE Programmer. The programmer on level 3 with no other mods added 160hp and 240 ft/lbs over stock, as well as kicked the highway mileage up by 1-1.5 give or take. Assuming you keep your foot out of it.

Level 4 will add 225 hp and 335 ft/lbs, but you need a $3k tranny upgrade to hold that power.

All this is without pulling a valve cover, no f-in with the turbo, nothing.

Look at the VW TDI, 2.0L makes 140hp - 240 ft/lbs bone stock and will rock out mid 40mpg on the highway. With some tuning you can bump those to 250/400 and get it up into the mid 50mpg range. Oh, and with the proper maintenance (mostly timing belt changes) it will run for 300k miles.

I have no doubt that 3.5L V6 bluetec benz making 240/455 bone stock has A LOT of room to grow. It won't be a 55 or 63 killer, but it will surely kill a 550 and get double the MPG doing it.