What did you do today?

topcabron

That's dangerous. Kind of like going past the redline on a car.

Any idea where the redline starts? I used to wear a heart rate monitor and averaged around 135 and peaked over 190 going up hills.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

squat deadlifts usual fun

going to start hitting upper body more to be ready for march.

diet:

beans.. boil yourself, 3-4 hours or so

eggs, dozens and dozens

protein

bananas

3 mile run at 15:45 today

Haven't lifted in a few days :eusa_wall:

Tomorrow will be a nice 7 mile run, and a trip to the gym.....squats and not sure what else yet.

3 mile run at 15:45 today

Haven't lifted in a few days :eusa_wall:

Tomorrow will be a nice 7 mile run, and a trip to the gym.....squats and not sure what else yet.

running and squats on the same day? bad idea.

running and squats on the same day? bad idea.

Nah, I'm careful. I'll be doing high reps (15) , but low weight (225). I take it easy on my Wednesday run. I'll be squatting before my run as well.

Usually my running work out is this

Monday: 3 mile run to clean out the legs

Tuesday: High intensity hill run for speed (woohoo love getting ready for marathon season/hiking season)

Wednesday: Seven Mile run, usually at a brisk 8 minute pace

Thursday: 5 mile run

Friday: 8 mile run

Saturday: off

Sunday: 12-20 miles

I stagger my lifting to work well with my running. Wednesday tends to be the best for squats. I'm VERY careful with my body. If something doesn't feel right I stop, I can't afford to hurt myself all the races I plan on doing this year.

Concept 2 rower-90 mins @ 2:03 pace per 500m, or about 21, 800 metres. Any other rowers on board here?

I used to enjoy rowing.... Havent done it in about 20 years....

Swimming in the ocean today, 83 degree sun 71 degree ocean.. kept the shark thread in the back of my mind, man I love swimming, supposedly great for back/posture and better cardio

Any idea where the redline starts? I used to wear a heart rate monitor and averaged around 135 and peaked over 190 going up hills.

a general rule of thumb is 220 minus your age for your maximum heart rate.

There are percentages of maximum for optimal ect. Short bursts aren't going to hurt you, but sustained very high rates could.

Concept 2 rower-90 mins @ 2:03 pace per 500m, or about 21, 800 metres. Any other rowers on board here?

I row....but rowing only for 10,000 Meters at 2:10/500 .....21,900 at 2:03 is impressive!

a general rule of thumb is 220 minus your age for your maximum heart rate.

There are percentages of maximum for optimal ect. Short bursts aren't going to hurt you, but sustained very high rates could.

good to know. I typically run 10 minutes or so until I am gassed, then bring my heart rate down to 140-150, then go at it again. 30 minutes 4 times a week.

I am severely out of shape cardio wise though.

I have done insanity Workout before and been in the 210-215 range before though-Almost passed out.

Did 2.3 miles today. Avg heart rate was 155, peaked at 194 (i think it's the highest that the treadmill goes).

I am 27 years old, but have a LONG family history of heart issues.

good to know. I typically run 10 minutes or so until I am gassed, then bring my heart rate down to 140-150, then go at it again. 30 minutes 4 times a week.

I am severely out of shape cardio wise though.

I have done insanity Workout before and been in the 210-215 range before though-Almost passed out.

Did 2.3 miles today. Avg heart rate was 155, peaked at 194 (i think it's the highest that the treadmill goes).

I am 27 years old, but have a LONG family history of heart issues.

Not knowing much about you, but, if you really see anything over 200 that is seriously fast. Like hummingbird fast. My threshold begins at 165 and I rarely see over 180.

Topcarbon where can I order skates like that?

these will be my next boot. !00% carbon without laces. My frames are going to be carbon too. Whole skate without wheels will be 325 grams.

post-9296-1295491991.jpg

Not knowing much about you, but, if you really see anything over 200 that is seriously fast. Like hummingbird fast. My threshold begins at 165 and I rarely see over 180.

never been a huge fan of doing cardio, but I'm trying to stick to the treadmill/jogging 3-4 tines a week as i need together into the habit of doing it. I love weight training, but I've told myself that I won't add that to my routine until I get to my target weight. I am currently 6 foot 1-230lbs. Want to get to 200lbs before I hit the weights hard again.

I'm sure my heartrate has alot to do with being out of shape, and possibly another reason would be that I smoke cigarrettes.

never been a huge fan of doing cardio, but I'm trying to stick to the treadmill/jogging 3-4 tines a week as i need together into the habit of doing it. I love weight training, but I've told myself that I won't add that to my routine until I get to my target weight. I am currently 6 foot 1-230lbs. Want to get to 200lbs before I hit the weights hard again.

I'm sure my heartrate has alot to do with being out of shape, and possibly another reason would be that I smoke cigarrettes.

I know you started a thread a while ago on getting healthier. Glad to see you are back at it. Quiting cigarettes is probably the toughest(no personal experience but based on the success of people who have quit many times and still smoke).

If you are overweight and smoke, thats a dangerous combination. You should not get your heart rate too high especially to lose weight. What you need to do is keep the heart rate in a zone that you can do longer efforts to burn calories. By spiking your heart and doing shorter efforts, you only tax your muscles and do little for the fat.

Food for thought(pun intended)

TC,

thanks for the info. I have lost 4lbs in a week and a half, and I already see my cardio improving. Even at a fast paced walk with no incline for 30 minutes my heart rate (according to the treadmill) is in the 150's. So I keep it there, but spike it by sprinting for 5-10 minutes in the middle several times each workout.

It's kind of strange though because due to smoking, I run out of oxygen before my body gets physically too tired to move forward. That could be causing my heart to beat faster to get the oxygen where it needs to go (I assume, but I am no doctor).

I have been getting better each time I hit the treadmill though, and push myself a little further.

TC,

thanks for the info. I have lost 4lbs in a week and a half, and I already see my cardio improving. Even at a fast paced walk with no incline for 30 minutes my heart rate (according to the treadmill) is in the 150's. So I keep it there, but spike it by sprinting for 5-10 minutes in the middle several times each workout.

It's kind of strange though because due to smoking, I run out of oxygen before my body gets physically too tired to move forward. That could be causing my heart to beat faster to get the oxygen where it needs to go (I assume, but I am no doctor).

I have been getting better each time I hit the treadmill though, and push myself a little further.

do you wear a chest strap for hr reading? If not, the machine could be inaccurate.

today, 17 mile skate.

Chest day today, if anyone has specific exercises that you've found work well please do list them. Looking to add size to arms, fill inner chest and keep going on upper

do you wear a chest strap for hr reading? If not, the machine could be inaccurate.

today, 17 mile skate.

nope. Reading is from the machine which I am pretty sure is not accurate as sometimes it will go down to 105 when I know it's not 105.

Will invest in one after a month or so when I know I am sticking to it.

I have lost 5lbs in 10 days thus far and only hit the treadmill 4 times so far. Eating better too, but not 100% clean on dieting yet.

Chest day today, if anyone has specific exercises that you've found work well please do list them. Looking to add size to arms, fill inner chest and keep going on upper

Incline dumbell bench

Incline dumbell bench press and turn your wrists in at the end to connect the weights together at the top.

I like that turning wrist thing ..if I can pull it off with the injury I'll do it.

been actually up to 185 on incline yesterday...pretty cool about 2 months ago I had troubles getting the bar up without grimacing.

with DBs you don't iso the chest as much, but you get better ROM so yeah I'll start throwing more in there.. I remember my incline DB form didnt feel right every time I tried, more shoulders than chest. Regular DB fine though.