What did you do today?

topcabron

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the info. I am just starting to get back into it, and I want to make sure it is something I will stick to before I go out and purchase a ton of gear like I have in the past.

Nothing will prevent you from getting back into a routine like bad running shoes. Like TS640 recommended, try some Mizuno Wave Creations or Asics Gel Kayano, 2 best running shoes I know of. You spent $100 on the Zigtech, spend $30 more and get something that will make running a lot less painful. Also, if you take your running shoes to an actual running shoe store, they can look at the wear and tell if you pronate, supinate, or are neutral. Based on that, they can set you up with what you need. To me running sucks period, but with the right shoes, you can make it suck a lot less.

Today I am doing a light training session after two tough ol' weeks on my body.

- lots of sprints, two rugby matches along with the required training sessions, a couple of marathon indoor cycling sessions and general burning the candle at both ends malarky.

But I am taking a friend who only does cycling and has never used a gym before!

I sent him a link to a youtube vid of Arnie working out earlier last night and then left this on his voicemail

My problem is my eating and so I cannot shift the bulge in the middle. Because of what I have been doing hours wise I having been suppressing what my body craves with a crap load of carbs and sugars, pasta pasta pasta and so I am still quite bulky (need that for rugby though) but need to focus on trimming/hacking away at the gut.

Nothing will prevent you from getting back into a routine like bad running shoes. Like TS640 recommended, try some Mizuno Wave Creations or Asics Gel Kayano, 2 best running shoes I know of. You spent $100 on the Zigtech, spend $30 more and get something that will make running a lot less painful. Also, if you take your running shoes to an actual running shoe store, they can look at the wear and tell if you pronate, supinate, or are neutral. Based on that, they can set you up with what you need. To me running sucks period, but with the right shoes, you can make it suck a lot less.

I spent $0 on 2 pairs of Zigtechs, that's why I will wear them for about another week, and go from there.

This was the first week I worked out 5 days in a row in about 6 months. I tried running for 40 minutes last night but couldn't, so I ran for 3 miles instead.

Monday I will shoot for 35 minutes straight.

I spent $0 on 2 pairs of Zigtechs, that's why I will wear them for about another week, and go from there.

This was the first week I worked out 5 days in a row in about 6 months. I tried running for 40 minutes last night but couldn't, so I ran for 3 miles instead.

Monday I will shoot for 35 minutes straight.

sounds like improvement is happening, and thats what you want.

As I was showing my friend around this guy came in with a tug of war type rope.

Awesome, attached a 35kg kettlebell then through one of the hoops on the ceiling which they use the TRX for and then you stand side on and pull up the kettlebell. Hard work but really good on legs, abdomen, arms and shoulders.

Then swap sides.

The kettlebell at 35 is not especially heavy but with the ropes friction on the hoop it is really hard. One of the female PT staff swung on the rope and the bell wasn't coming off the ground.

I need to get one of those ropes!

Squats, free bar, light- 1 set 65kg - 10 reps

Leg press- 8 sets 8-16 reps

Hamstrings 8 sets 8-16 reps

Calves 6 sets 8-12 reps

That is just a warm up right? Because if recall correctly you have a good set of shoulders and arms.

sounds like improvement is happening, and thats what you want.

improvement on cardio is happening for sure. Havent lost any more weight though, and have been eating relatively good. Could also be because I am weight traingin again. I wasnt going to add it to my program, but 2 days a week should only help my gains. I need to start doing abs daily.

I try and push myself a little farther every time. I am sure I could hit an hour straight running in a few months which would be over 5 miles.

That is just a warm up right? Because if recall correctly you have a good set of shoulders and arms.

I split my sets into 5 boyparts, 1 per day, 2 days off. I've been going to the gym a long long time, just getting back into it now so not as strong as i was once upon a time but still pretty good for an amateur who just does it for fun.

Cant really do heavy squats anymore as my back is ruined. I used to play a pretty good standard of rugby although never made it professionally, when i picked up a few injuries gym took over.

I've added my current weights. My best bench press is 3 reps at 220kg, can do 200 at present, before anyone starts i have it all on video including my training sessions with some really strong guys from world's strongest man. People are alway suprised by my power as im quite slim and smallish in stature and because i'm quite proportional all over they dont notice my size at all, they are usually shocked if they see my top off or a short sleeved tshirt as my arms are about 18'' even now.

I'm 5'8'' and my weight varies from about 13.5-15 stone (190-210lbs) depending on how much muscle & fat i'm carrying.

Squats, free bar, light warm up 10 reps 65kg

Leg press- 8 sets 8-16 reps 300kg - 700kg

Hamstrings single leg 8 sets 8-16 reps 5kg - 50kg

Calves 6 sets 8-12 reps 300kg - 400kg

Thats plenty for legs, 8 good sets of leg presses alone will leave your legs so wobbly youll barely be able to walk out of the gym

I have a gym at home and i do struggle to get up the stairs after a session, never not made it though, but it is a constant source of amusement for my girlfriend.

My leg press machine:-

IMAG0421.jpg

Topjay,

that is some serious weight. Most I ever put up on bench was in 335lbs-1rep, and that was when I was 265lbs with 8% bodyfat. My main problem was a partially torn rotato cuff in my right shoulder that would keep me from going for bigger weight.

Squats were my thing too, and my max 10 years ago was 585lbs which is 6 plates on each side. I then broke my fibula playing football (American), and I would be lucky to get 315lbs more than a few times these days.

It's amazing to me how long it takes to build muscle and strength, and how quickly it is lost if you don't keep at it.

Nice set ups guys, and great work to everyone.

Got a massage today. Most painful one I have ever had, my Lats were destroyed, and my lower back was barely any better.

So true Mike. I find it amazing how fast you can lose muscle and endurance. If I don't run for a couple days when I start up again I can barely do a mile :lol2:

I have a gym at home and i do struggle to get up the stairs after a session, never not made it though, but it is a constant source of amusement for my girlfriend.

My leg press machine:-

post-14018-1296331557_thumb.jpg

Nice setup, I missed the picture earlier since I only read your msg on the notification email!