What did you do today?

topcabron

Hey you have part of my dream home - the basketball court!! When I get mine I am putting a big screen TV in the wall that will show basketball games so I can play and watch at the same time... also probably one or two fake defender things to shoot over... (might need to invent those first) Very nice set up I'd rather work out at your place than LA fitness!

Home workout here today, been getting into lunges - I thought I had that covered via Squats... NOPE, doing them with 35lbs dumbells and my ass muscles are on fire! A bunch of stuff for lower back improvement like VBOX's core day.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey you have part of my dream home - the basketball court!! When I get mine I am putting a big screen TV in the wall that will show basketball games so I can play and watch at the same time... also probably one or two fake defender things to shoot over... (might need to invent those first) Very nice set up I'd rather work out at your place than LA fitness!

Home workout here today, been getting into lunges - I thought I had that covered via Squats... NOPE, doing them with 35lbs dumbells and my ass muscles are on fire! A bunch of stuff for lower back improvement like VBOX's core day.

Thanks man, I decided not to put tvs in the BBall court because I didnt want MOFOs coming over and hitting them with their horrible shots.

I designed the workout room mostly myself, spent countless hours with the Life Fitness/Hammer Strength configurator trying to get everything I needed/wanted in the space. Designer helped with other stuff. The room was just a finished atic when I got the house. I got all Life Fitness and Hammer Strength equipment and Intek dumbbells, barbells, and weight plates. The BBall court and workout room are both upstairs above my rec room. There is 1.25 inches of plywood flooring down under 1.5 inches of rubber flooring in the workout room since we have ALOT of weight up there.

fcuk!

VBOXKING-I didn't know you had an LA Fitness in your House. Lol. That is sick!!

lol, thanks. I got no excuse for not working out, my trainer comes to the house 4 times a week.

Thanks man, I decided not to put tvs in the BBall court because I didnt want MOFOs coming over and hitting them with their horrible shots.

I designed the workout room mostly myself, spent countless hours with the Life Fitness/Hammer Strength configurator trying to get everything I needed/wanted in the space. Designer helped with other stuff. The room was just a finished atic when I got the house. I got all Life Fitness and Hammer Strength equipment and Intek dumbbells, barbells, and weight plates. The BBall court and workout room are both upstairs above my rec room. There is 1.25 inches of plywood flooring down under 1.5 inches of rubber flooring in the workout room since we have ALOT of weight up there.

Holy shit, that is A LOT of weight right above your head!

Holy shit, that is A LOT of weight right above your head!

Yea, thats why we hired a structural engineer to assess the situation and tell us what we needed to do!

Bad ass setup, like it.

Thanks.

Today I did decline bench press again. 10 x 135 pounds, 6 x 170, 3 x 205, 1 x 245, 1 x 285, 1 x 305 (FAIL), 1 x 305 (GOT IT!), 10 X 225, 17 x 185, 20 x 155.

5 sets of 10 reps on tricep cable pushdowns

Ummmmm can someone please move VBOXKING's weight-room to the LamboPower Cribs thread?? :icon_thumleft:

Sick man......Sick!

And yeah, you better look like a beast. :icon_mrgreen:

Ummmmm can someone please move VBOXKING's weight-room to the LamboPower Cribs thread?? :icon_thumleft:

Sick man......Sick!

And yeah, you better look like a beast. :icon_mrgreen:

Lols, I am 6'4 185 pounds....Im not a big dude.

Lols, I am 6'4 185 pounds....Im not a big dude.

congrats on ALMOST putting up 3 plates on each side! You can surely add 10 pounds to your bench in a month or 2.

Also, if you have a really hard time putting on mass, eat 5,000-6,000 calories a day, and it will be impossible not to get bigger. I put on 35lbs in a summer doing that 10 years ago along with taking creatine, androstene, whey protein, multi, glutamine, etc. Just have to do 6 meals a day at 1000 calories each.

congrats on ALMOST putting up 3 plates on each side! You can surely add 10 pounds to your bench in a month or 2.

Also, if you have a really hard time putting on mass, eat 5,000-6,000 calories a day, and it will be impossible not to get bigger. I put on 35lbs in a summer doing that 10 years ago along with taking creatine, androstene, whey protein, multi, glutamine, etc. Just have to do 6 meals a day at 1000 calories each.

Thanks man, it was the first time I have ever done 305 on decline (just did 300 last week which was a PR). It was nice to come back and actually get it after failing on the 1st attempt. I hope to be able to put up 315 on the decline and eventually 300 on the flat bench sometime this year. I am finally in tune with what my body needs to grow. It took me awhile to figure it out. You can only gain muscle so fast naturally, so patience and consistency is the key. I have made huge gains over the past couple of years that I have been at it seriously. 5 - 6000 calories a day will make me fat. My RMR (resting metabolic rate) is about 3000 calories a day, so I need to eat around 4000-4500 avg per day max to put on lean mass without gaining massive amounts of body fat.

Thanks man, it was the first time I have ever done 305 on decline (just did 300 last week which was a PR). It was nice to come back and actually get it after failing on the 1st attempt. I hope to be able to put up 315 on the decline and eventually 300 on the flat bench sometime this year. I am finally in tune with what my body needs to grow. It took me awhile to figure it out. You can only gain muscle so fast naturally, so patience and consistency is the key. I have made huge gains over the past couple of years that I have been at it seriously. 5 - 6000 calories a day will make me fat. My RMR (resting metabolic rate) is about 3000 calories a day, so I need to eat around 4000-4500 avg per day max to put on lean mass without gaining massive amounts of body fat.

I think I need to look into this as well, after a few years I can see what my body is doing when I start bulking, and unfortunately it is not putting more muscle than fat.. I remember first time I bulked I measured everything and it was 2-1 ratio fat to muscle, very disappointing to say the least - tons of money down the drain. I am trying to figure out if working out more would have been the answer (say 4 times a week) or if it's just the way it goes for me. right now I upped my calories but I am also working out more so we will see how it goes.. I am seeing fat gains and when abs go away it's cut time. Would be curious to see how you arrived at your numbers, are you about 1lb /week ?

I think I need to look into this as well, after a few years I can see what my body is doing when I start bulking, and unfortunately it is not putting more muscle than fat.. I remember first time I bulked I measured everything and it was 2-1 ratio fat to muscle, very disappointing to say the least - tons of money down the drain. I am trying to figure out if working out more would have been the answer (say 4 times a week) or if it's just the way it goes for me. right now I upped my calories but I am also working out more so we will see how it goes.. I am seeing fat gains and when abs go away it's cut time. Would be curious to see how you arrived at your numbers, are you about 1lb /week ?

I hear you, I think a lot has to do with what you are eating and the breakdown of carbs/fats/protein and how it applies to your individual body. Then there is the working out element and making sure you are hitting it super hard in the gym each time. This is why I have a trainer, I alwasy push myself harder when hes there. Unfortunately some fat gain is inevitable when bulking, but if you put on tons of fat along the way it will take you a lot longer to cut. And when you cut for long periods of time, especially to low body fat levels, you will burn some muscle along the way. I went and had an RMR test done, and that got me a good baseline, the rest has just been trial and error. The scale can be very tricky since weight can easily fluctuate based on water, sodium and carb intake. Sometimes it seems like I am not gaining any weight for a few weeks, then all of a sudden almost seemingly over night I gain 2-3 pounds. As long as my body weight is not going down, and I am improving with my lifts in the gym, I feel like I am making the progress I need. I have been eating more on the weekends than during the week lately, to recover my body from the grueling 4 day workouts.

The 5000-6000 calories I was eating were clean calories-Chicken breast, other lean meats, some breads, pasta, eggs, fruit, vegetables, etc. I know we have much different frame structure, but that is what did it for me. Also was doing 2-2 1/2 hours of football 5-6 days a week at the time, and would burn at least 1000-1500 calories per day out there, then I would go to the gym afterwards.

What also helps me on bench is some good music to get into the mood. Some Pantera, Slipknot, Metallica, System of a Down, etc. Listen to a song like Master of Puppets or Far Beyond Driven before doing your max, it should help. I don't normally listen to these groups, only when I am working out.

The 5000-6000 calories I was eating were clean calories-Chicken breast, other lean meats, some breads, pasta, eggs, fruit, vegetables, etc. I know we have much different frame structure, but that is what did it for me. Also was doing 2-2 1/2 hours of football 5-6 days a week at the time, and would burn at least 1000-1500 calories per day out there, then I would go to the gym afterwards.

What also helps me on bench is some good music to get into the mood. Some Pantera, Slipknot, Metallica, System of a Down, etc. Listen to a song like Master of Puppets or Far Beyond Driven before doing your max, it should help. I don't normally listen to these groups, only when I am working out.

Ouch, football...What position did you play?

Ouch, football...What position did you play?

Center and Middle Linebacker.

My senior year was strictly center. I was 6 foot 1-265 at that point with very little bodyfat. That was 10 years ago. Now I am 237lbs with more bodyfat. Working hard at getting down to 215lbs-220lbs lean.

Yep!! When I was lifting heavy, 5000-6000 was just about right. But I was 230 then. I sit usually just at 210-215 now and I would say my average is 3500. But I've also been lifting for 22 years so my body metabo9lism is pretty set.

Mike, you know I listen to those bands ever damn day! Metal Rules!!

Mike, you know I listen to those bands ever damn day! Metal Rules!!

I think all music has its purpose. Metal is for when you are breaking things, lifting heavy weight, hitting people, and fighting.

I listen to House Music/Trance in the morning to wake up. Usually something fast and upbeat.

I listen to Hip Hop on my way home.

I listen to more mellow music at home-Sublime, Bob Marley, etc.

BTW....Kane....What the fawk are we doing for our birthdays this Thursday? :icon_mrgreen:

Mike, It's basically 4 straight days of high quality booze and food! The Superbowl will wrap it up.

The Cats clan is in town as well so I'm sure things will get a little out of hand!

What about you? Big birthday bash?

Super Bowl party with about 35 people at my place. Probably be on the grill most of the night with some Argentinian Prime Vacio and Chorizo con pan. There is an Argentinian butcher down the street, and the place is pretty expensive, but great meat flown in weekly from Argentina. REALLY good meat, and if you ever come to Miami, well throw a big barbeque at my place. Sucks that our birthday happens to land on a Thursday this year. I have 2 more years to the big 30!