2012 C63 AMG

57udl3y

The facelifted 2012 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG wasn't supposed to see the light of day until the Geneva Motor Show this March, but a sizable batch of photos have leaked out giving us a clear look at what to expect in Switzerland.

On the outside, the C63 gets a set of SL-inspired headlamps with ornate light-piping and LED DRLs mounted in the revised fascia. LEDs make their way to the tail lamps, while redesigned 18-inch wheels fill the wheel wells and frame upgraded brakes.

AMG opted to retain the 6.2-liter V8 instead of fitting its new 5.5-liter biturbo mill, so output remains at 451 horsepower and 443 pound-feet of torque. The Development Package will reportedly stick around for 2012, raising output to 481 hp and nixing the 155 mph limiter to allow the C63 to top out at 174 mph. The sports package also includes a few interior tweaks, a carbon fiber trunk spoiler and red calipers that clamp onto 14.2-inch front discs.

However, the biggest change comes in the form of a new transmission. The C63 now sends power to a seven-speed Speedshift MCT auto 'box which swaps out the conventional torque converter for a high-performance clutch pack said to deliver smoother, more immediate shifts.

After the C63's big day in Geneva, the revised C-Class will go on sale this fall, with the AMG-fettled version getting a very slight bump in price.

autoblog

I still don't get why someone would pay $75,000 for this car when they can buy them used for $45,000. 2008's Will be in the $35,000 range by the time it is released.

Anyone know if and when the 5.5 TT engine will make its way into the SL?

IIRC it will be in the 2012 model.

Looks good!

The sound of those 6.2's... Just unreal. The safety and medical cars (F1) sounded fantastic in Montreal when they were chasing each other on the recon laps.

I like the white one...I was looking at this car too since I'm looking to lease something new this year...but at the same time, it's probably not something good to lease.

I still don't get why someone would pay $75,000 for this car when they can buy them used for $45,000. 2008's Will be in the $35,000 range by the time it is released.

Up here you can get a new one for 57K! You cali/florida boys pay too much :eusa_naughty: Must be the always perfect weather tax.

The C class is a great car. There is a C63 being scrapped right now that saved my fathers life. Side swiped into the other lane, hit head on (30mph). Zero injuries. MB's are tanks.

Up here you can get a new one for 57K! You cali/florida boys pay too much :eusa_naughty: Must be the always perfect weather tax.

The C class is a great car. There is a C63 being scrapped right now that saved my fathers life. Side swiped into the other lane, hit head on (30mph). Zero injuries. MB's are tanks.

I really like the car, just not for what they are asking for them new.

I just went on a mbusa.com and speced out a 2011, and with the options I want (not fully loaded, but Performance Package, Black Metallic, Seating Package, Keyless go, Navigation, Xenon headlights-which should be standard on a car of this calibur) it came out to $79,980 with Gas guzzler tax. That does not include tax, tag, and title.

You are looking at $85,000 out the door for a well equipped car (before any dealer incentives)

At $45,000 the car is a decent (not great) value for a low mileage example. At $85,000 it clearly is not.

I remember when i was younger i went with my father to look at a merc and they were selling him on the safety and showed a video of a guy driving an SL on the autobahn well above 100 mph with the top down, flipped over and slid around, then when it came to a stop just got out and walked around the car to inspect the damage.

I really like the car, just not for what they are asking for them new.

I just went on a mbusa.com and speced out a 2011, and with the options I want (not fully loaded, but Performance Package, Black Metallic, Seating Package, Keyless go, Navigation, Xenon headlights-which should be standard on a car of this calibur) it came out to $79,980 with Gas guzzler tax. That does not include tax, tag, and title.

You are looking at $85,000 out the door for a well equipped car (before any dealer incentives)

At $45,000 the car is a decent (not great) value for a low mileage example. At $85,000 it clearly is not.

Oh I agree. Anyone paying 75K for a C class is nuts. Our dealer knocks 15-20K off of them, that's when they make sense!

I was always underwhelmed up C-classes and 3 series BMWs.

To be honest, I remember thinking to myself when I had them as loaners, "this car sucks".

this holds true for every car available - though the more expensive ones, much in excess of 30k for the same time frame/age !!

I was always underwhelmed up C-classes and 3 series BMWs.

To be honest, I remember thinking to myself when I had them as loaners, "this car sucks".

M3/335i/C63 are exceptions to that rule.

I have a 335i, and am waiting for COBB tuning to support the 2007 models, then I will start modding.

I am looking at 380rwhp/400rwtq out of my daily driver with bolt ons on pump gas for $3500 or so.

Drive a tuned 335i, and it will make an M3 feel slow.

this holds true for every car available - though the more expensive ones, much in excess of 30k for the same time frame/age !!

Agreed, but I guess there are dumb people everywhere paying for it, so they will continue building them.

I personally wouldn't.

Same thing goes with the E63

M3/335i/C63 are exceptions to that rule.

I have a 335i, and am waiting for COBB tuning to support the 2007 models, then I will start modding.

I am looking at 380rwhp/400rwtq out of my daily driver with bolt ons on pump gas for $3500 or so.

Drive a tuned 335i, and it will make an M3 feel slow.

How did you wedge the 335i into the M3/C63 catagory??

How did you wedge the 335i into the M3/C63 catagory??

Its faster than both for cheaper money. He also mentioned he drove the 3 series and it was boring. A 335i is far from boring.

Its faster than both for cheaper money. He also mentioned he drove the 3 series and it was boring. A 335i is far from boring.

A 335i is faster than a M3 and a C63? Are we talking stock vs stock?

A 335i is faster than a M3 and a C63? Are we talking stock vs stock?

Nope.

tuned vs. tuned

Nope.

tuned vs. tuned

its apples vs oranges

and that BMW has meth injection, not a fair comparo. What does stock vs stock #'s look like?

its apples vs oranges

and that BMW has meth injection, not a fair comparo. What does stock vs stock #'s look like?

Destruction for the 335i its only 300hp/300lb. ft. of torque stock. Tune is $700 to go door to door with an M3 to 110mph. After that M3 pulls away unless more mods are added to the mix.

here is another modded vs. modded.

Destruction for the 335i its only 300hp/300lb. ft. of torque stock. Tune is $700 to go door to door with an M3 to 110mph. After that M3 pulls away unless more mods are added to the mix.

here is another modded vs. modded.

so a stock 335i is not in the same catagory as M3 and C63, unless you modify it and void your warranty. Dont get me wrong, I think its fantastic that you can get all that power for $700 but its just not in the same league when you consider warranty, exterior cues, interior upgrades, suspension and resale.