Rolls-Royce Ghost depreciation

Chipster

What do you guys think the RR Ghost will selling for in 5 years? When do you think they will be under $100k? Saw a modded one and really like it so im purely curious at this point. I think in 5 years if I had the Diablo for a fun car and a Range Rover Sport SC and a Ghost to rotate between for daily driving...i'd be pretty happy.

Edited: Got to love Droid auto correcting!

I do, as many potential owners are already griping that it's not a "real" RR due to several missteps by the company (silly painted hood instead of stainless, BMW guts, less desireable sporty suspension versus magic-carpet-ride Phantom, etc).

I love the car, and think it looks great but right now it would be tough to buy one at sticker over a really nice Phantom for less.

In five years the Phantom and Ghost will likely have flip-flopped price-wise, with the Phantom being a higher ticket. In that light the Ghost shines.

I love the Ghost. To me it targets a completely different buyer. I would never consider a Phantom (too big, too old money), but I absolutely would consider a Ghost. I remember reading that Rolls expected that 80% of Ghost buyers would be new to the brand. That sounds about right to me.

I am still on the fence about the ghost. I havent seen one in person, but have heard good things from those who have driven one. I could see myself possibly picking one up if I needed more backseat room, and they were past their big initial depreciation phase. It would be a tough sell though with it not being AWD, I would probably end up with a Flying Spur.

Bentley for me in a 4 door would have to be an Arnage T. The FS is definitely not a bad looking car but a little too curvy for my taste in a full sized sedan. I guess I could find a similar priced used Phantom by that time but the Ghost seems a little more DDable. I would have the Range Rover if I needed AWD so not too concerned there :)

I was just curious if Ghost depreciation will be like the flying spur. An 06 FS is around $90k now. If a Ghost is around that price range in 4-5 years, it would be very tempting!

Bentley for me in a 4 door would have to be an Arnage T. The FS is definitely not a bad looking car but a little too curvy for my taste in a full sized sedan. I guess I could find a similar priced used Phantom by that time but the Ghost seems a little more DDable. I would have the Range Rover if I needed AWD so not too concerned there :)

I was just curious if Ghost depreciation will be like the flying spur. An 06 FS is around $90k now. If a Ghost is around that price range in 4-5 years, it would be very tempting!

I dont think the flying spurs have depreciated all that badly really, how much was the sticker on an 06?

I think the Ghost is a great car but hard to justify when they are 300K....and as an example Roy found 2 delivery mile white 08 Phantoms for 209K...

I think the Ghost is a great car but hard to justify when they are 300K....and as an example Roy found 2 delivery mile white 08 Phantoms for 209K...

Damn! I could just as easily see myself driving a phantom. The only thing with the phantom though is that I really haven't seen one with aftermarket wheels that I loved. The modded ghost on L4P on the other hand really stood out to me.

Allan you should get the Phantom and find some good wheels and that will sway me :)

I dont think the flying spurs have depreciated all that badly really, how much was the sticker on an 06?

They might not have. I have been comparing to the Speed's new prices i'm seeing. The FS might have been almost $100k less. Good point

Damn! I could just as easily see myself driving a phantom. The only thing with the phantom though is that I really haven't seen one with aftermarket wheels that I loved. The modded ghost on L4P on the other hand really stood out to me.

Allan you should get the Phantom and find some good wheels and that will sway me :)

Pics of that modded ghost?

post-3902-1296260767_thumb.jpg

post-3902-1296260775_thumb.jpg

While those aren't the exact wheels I would want, I think they look pretty decent. It also has a Mansory body kit or accessories of some kind.

not loving the wheels, but thats JMO

I agree. I love the size, stance and lip but those would not be my choice of wheels either. If the spokes were solid instead of having that rivet down the middle and they were entirely gloss black or matte black centers with a gloss lip, I think they would be alright but I would still choose other wheels.

I agree. I love the size, stance and lip but those would not be my choice of wheels either. If the spokes were solid instead of having that rivet down the middle and they were entirely gloss black or matte black centers with a gloss lip, I think they would be alright but I would still choose other wheels.

I think the ghosts need to come down another 50k+ before Id seriously consider one.