I really hate Bank Of America

Roman

I've been happy with BOA lately. I mostly use their online banking though. Every time I've had to call customer service I have gotten through quick.

I recently needed to wire $50k from my US account to my Spanish account. I expected that this might be a hassle and that I would have to get on the phone with them, but I was able to do it all online in about 5 minutes and the money arrived in Spain a few days later.

True, but if you have a family member that was Military you still apply. So father or grandfather for example, you should be able to still get an account. My buddy who is not military got USAA that way.

Worth a try. USAA is the best business I have ever dealt with.

I have USAA for insurance.... But how do ATMs work with them? I do a LOT of large cash transactions... I need to be able to walk into a fcuking bank and say - Here... Give me cash!

Normally I would.... But just typing that has made me feel tremendously better. And I dont want to rehash it and piss myself off again...

Suffice it to say, they fcuking suck ostrich cunt.

I could not agree more. I will never ever ever ever ever bank with them again. They screwed up my mortgage payment and reported me 30 late while i was buying my new house. F them.....

MOTHERFUCKERS!

DAMN. STRAIGHT.

I've ranted about these motherfuckers on here before. They charged me a fee one time -- get this -- BECAUSE THEY HAD JUST CHARGED ME A FEE (the first of which was brand new -- had never had maintenance fees before and was completely unannounced, but which knocked me below a new and unannounced minimum balance -- So? Hit me with another fee!!).

That's the least of my problems with them though. For about three months in a row I had to spend no less than 2 HOURS on the phone with them each month getting their shit straightened out and these shitty new fees removed, even after they'd promised they would never happen again.

Motherfucking fucks. That's how they do their business now. They hope people won't have the time or energy to call in and protest this shit. You CAN get your money back, but it takes a fcuking fistfight in order to do so.

I would switch (and Chase is always sending me offers to switch and get $200 or something), but I have my biz accounts with BofA and my merchant account and online payment gateway and all are tied into the BofA account and I have a feeling that would be a massive headache to switch to another bank. I should look into that though.

Oy.

Erik,

I agree with you. I asked for a letter and they told me I had to pay $10.00. Another bank gave me the same letter for nothing and it included a smile. Ever noticed the turnover inside of BOA ?

BOA is horrible.

I'm thinking of opening a new Chase account (old WaMu), simply for the sweet iPhone-photo-deposit-check feature.

I get tired of having to go to these branches for ANYTHING, as the experience is now akin to going to the DMW. :eusa_wall:

Anyone have a positive review?

I hated Bank Of Assholes. I went to Shittybank after that, and then decided Shittybank was not the worst bank, but I marched over to a credit union and have never been happier and do most of my banking there and leave Shittybank as petty cash.

I have USAA for insurance.... But how do ATMs work with them? I do a LOT of large cash transactions... I need to be able to walk into a fcuking bank and say - Here... Give me cash!

Anytime you need cash from a non-USAA ATM, they will reimburse you for the ATM charge. I guess it all depends on how large your 'large cash' transactions are... I don't know if they have limits. A lot of banks restrict you to 300-1000 dollars per day regarding ATM withdrawals.

I'm thinking of opening a new Chase account (old WaMu), simply for the sweet iPhone-photo-deposit-check feature.

I get tired of having to go to these branches for ANYTHING, as the experience is now akin to going to the DMW. :eusa_wall:

Anyone have a positive review?

If all you need to do is deposit checks, it should be fairly painless to then just transfer the money out to another bank?

I have accounts at multiple banks, and while each has their downside overall it works out fine.

What really bothers me is the prospect of getting kicked out of Amex, for which no real alternatives exist.

Honestly Roman, go with some of the international non-us based banks. For some reason they seem to be more adepth at dealing with larger cash transactions with less hassle. ALL of the us based banks pretty much suck balls......Chase isnt that bad though. But UBS and HSBC are MUCH better than any of the us banks. Long term relationship with BofA doesnt matter. Walk into HSBC with your "stacks" and watch how they treat you. Tell them about your problems youve had with BofA, and theyll make sure youre not fucked with....This is the 2nd or 3rd thread where you've complained about BofA.....Leave them in the rearview.....I did years ago. OR open an account with a small community bank. They roll-over on anything for you...

Honestly Roman, go with some of the international non-us based banks. For some reason they seem to be more adepth at dealing with larger cash transactions with less hassle. ALL of the us based banks pretty much suck balls......Chase isnt that bad though. But UBS and HSBC are MUCH better than any of the us banks. Long term relationship with BofA doesnt matter. Walk into HSBC with your "stacks" and watch how they treat you. Tell them about your problems youve had with BofA, and theyll make sure youre not fucked with....This is the 2nd or 3rd thread where you've complained about BofA.....Leave them in the rearview.....I did years ago. OR open an account with a small community bank. They roll-over on anything for you...

Well.... When we make the transition to the midwest, BofA will go away... No branches there... Thank God.