04 6spd G - Car stalling when in reverse to first - Car Issue or incorrect technique

GallardoM5

I just got an 04 Gallardo 6spd and the car drives perfect except I stalled the car several times when going in reverse or first gear from a stand still. After trying to replicate the issue today it seems that if i give too much throttle on reverse or first to start moving and then let go of the gas the car stalls......i tried a few times with a light touch to the throttle and it doesn't stall.....so I can drive the car with this technique with no issues......

seems as something is off with the idle control where if you rev it too high, start moving and then l let go of the gas the rpm needle drops and stalls......

any ideas if there is a fix or it is a driver technique issue?

I believe early production '04s had engine breather problems that stalled the car at take off occasionally. My car feels a little touchy at take off, but nothing that I couldn't take care with a little extra gas. I've stalled 2 or 3 times since I've had my car.

I believe early production '04s had engine breather problems that stalled the car at take off occasionally. My car feels a little touchy at take off, but nothing that I couldn't take care with a little extra gas. I've stalled 2 or 3 times since I've had my car.

Apparently I need to relearn to drive Italian 6 speed

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.a...ng%3F&mid=0

"2005 Lamborghini Gallardo Coupe

01/28/2006

By: HwyEatr from PA

Owned: 1 year

Review ID: #486015

Cons:

Reverse can bog down and stall. 2 hours to dealership. Due to being such a high profile vehicle hard to park it just anywhere, as you would expect it draws a crowd even in Black.

Overall Review:

Everything an exotic car should be. Not too finicky though. Only 850mi on it in 8 months. Added a tubi exhaust for the added HP and a growling exhaust. Factory exhaust note is quite muted."

I just got an 04 Gallardo 6spd and the car drives perfect except I stalled the car several times when going in reverse or first gear from a stand still. After trying to replicate the issue today it seems that if i give too much throttle on reverse or first to start moving and then let go of the gas the car stalls......i tried a few times with a light touch to the throttle and it doesn't stall.....so I can drive the car with this technique with no issues......

seems as something is off with the idle control where if you rev it too high, start moving and then l let go of the gas the rpm needle drops and stalls......

any ideas if there is a fix or it is a driver technique issue?

I had exactly the same issue what and after too many times at the shop searching for the problem I felt like using the lemon law.

The car stalled only when parking, I would give some revs to finish parking or while at parallel parking and as the revs dropped to idle the car would stall right away without warning and that would happen at random. The last thing they did was have me replicate the problem for a factory rep. and they installed a purge kit on the car and the problem was solved, but I sold the car a few months after so I can't really tell if the matter was really done with.

I had exactly the same issue what and after too many times at the shop searching for the problem I felt like using the lemon law.

The car stalled only when parking, I would give some revs to finish parking or while at parallel parking and as the revs dropped to idle the car would stall right away without warning and that would happen at random. The last thing they did was have me replicate the problem for a factory rep. and they installed a purge kit on the car and the problem was solved, but I sold the car a few months after so I can't really tell if the matter was really done with.

Not sure about the purge kit but I had the charcoal canister replaced since it was saturated at 2385kg (must be

Not sure about the purge kit but I had the charcoal canister replaced since it was saturated at 2385kg (must be <2300kg). It filled up due to an early 04 ECU bug which has been updated on the car recently. It did not resolve the stalling issue since I was causing it all along!! I have learned how to drive the G properly after a few drives.....I gave it too much gas in first and reverse....now I pop the clutch and give it light gas and the car drives awesome!!

There are many thoughts on the concern you have and many things that were tried. The last thing that was applied to cars with this concern was made a two part fix.

As far as your purge tank it should be replaced under mileage or time and the weight is one factor to determ the replacement as well as other problems with in that will casue a check engine light due to emissions. This can be due to the purge tank breaking down from fuel entering the tank and casuing break down of the tank. Then this is spread in the purge system clogling breathers and lines.

Did the car restart right away after stalling? If so then I would say it is learning how to drive the car and getting used to the feel of the car. this does not mean that you still don't have a problem with the car. See if your local dealer has any information on a service bulliton for the the stalling problem with a delayed restart. mean you have to wait a few minutes for the car to start.

There are many thoughts on the concern you have and many things that were tried. The last thing that was applied to cars with this concern was made a two part fix.

As far as your purge tank it should be replaced under mileage or time and the weight is one factor to determ the replacement as well as other problems with in that will casue a check engine light due to emissions. This can be due to the purge tank breaking down from fuel entering the tank and casuing break down of the tank. Then this is spread in the purge system clogling breathers and lines.

Did the car restart right away after stalling? If so then I would say it is learning how to drive the car and getting used to the feel of the car. this does not mean that you still don't have a problem with the car. See if your local dealer has any information on a service bulliton for the the stalling problem with a delayed restart. mean you have to wait a few minutes for the car to start.

The car would restart right away with some slight hesitation. ....I have not stalled the car since I have been driving it correctly. My mechanic had clutch dust on his face the way I was backing up and going in 1st ! ....I was giving it too much gas......