Corvette ZR1 Shoot

Guest SP-superJay

I will say that the high speed stability on the Gallardo is fantastic, and much more confidence aspiring than any Vet I have driven (and I have driven all of them at high speeds). The interior is also light years ahead in the Gallardo than the Vets, but to call the ZR-1 a POS is just stupid. Every car has it's draw backs (as does the Gallardo) and I wouldn't call it a POS because of that.

Another point as far as high speed stability, and to be completely honest, I felt no difference between the ZR-1, GTR, and the 997 TT. They all felt about the same and all paled in comparison to the Gallardo.

I will say that the high speed stability on the Gallardo is fantastic, and much more confidence aspiring than any Vet I have driven (and I have driven all of them at high speeds). The interior is also light years ahead in the Gallardo than the Vets, but to call the ZR-1 a POS is just stupid. Every car has it's draw backs (as does the Gallardo) and I wouldn't call it a POS because of that.

Another point as far as high speed stability, and to be completely honest, I felt no difference between the ZR-1, GTR, and the 997 TT. They all felt about the same and all paled in comparison to the Gallardo.

again... this is not coming from me, but from Turboalex, who has owned even more cars than I...

Its funny though, I was driving back to AZ with a black Plastic mess-06 the otherday, and watching it next to me for miles on end, it really is a nice looking car... Very agressive.. Looks sooo much better than any other POS..

again... this is not coming from me, but from Turboalex, who has owned even more cars than I...

Its funny though, I was driving back to AZ with a black Plastic mess-06 the otherday, and watching it next to me for miles on end, it really is a nice looking car... Very agressive.. Looks sooo much better than any other POS..

I love the look too. May have to buy one this year. People may not like them

who own lambos, but I don't care. Will beat just about all Lambos stock vs. stock. Not bad for a $40k car. My wife may have a seizure if I buy another car for myself without buying her a new one first. Well see.

I like the car. If you do some research you hear that the front end stability is an issue with about 50% of the cars. From some reason some have it and others don't.

My complaints are that for a car of 100K+ it's build quality is unacceptable.

I like the car. If you do some research you hear that the front end stability is an issue with about 50% of the cars. From some reason some have it and others don't.

My complaints are that for a car of 100K+ it's build quality is unacceptable.

There is a problem with some of the carbon rotors being different weights I think. Caused a little shimmy at high speeds.

Highway vibration finally solved!

I'll try to make a long story short as I know this had been discussed in other threads.

Picked up my new Z R1 on Oct 29 and as soon as I got up to 75 the steering wheel began to vibrate.

Pulled rotors and stuck them on a balancer and they were out 1.5 oz!! (with visible lateral runout) Pulled a 3 yr old 15 inch Stopthech off Dannys race car for reference and they balanced 0 with no lateral runout. We then balanced my carbon rotors by inserting bolts from the inside out and then threading on nuts from the outside with a set of long pliers. Put them back on car and took it out and OMG for the first time since owning the car the highway ride was dead smooth.

Now for the permanent fix which obviously should be new (balanced) rotors and should only be a phone call away for a new 120 k vibrating car. (or even a vibrating cobalt for that matter) GMs first reply was that they know about the problem and the fix is to counterbalance the assembly by adding 1.5 to the wheels and indexing them so if removed they could be placed back in same location. Bull$&@#! Danny had to work his way up the food chain until he got to talk to a brake engineer who basically admitted that they had run out of the supply of "Validated" ie balanced rotors and at some point had begun to put on nonvalidated rotors but that he would immediately send me out a set of validated and balanced rotors which he did. Now I have mine and I am happy, but I hate to think about how many man hours are spent out there by customers like myself who are taking time off figuring this out and getting it fixed while GM knows about the issue and is still putting these S#%t rotors on their flagship car.

The cars performance is not the issue.. Its that it is a pos... Horrible drive.. horrible quality....scary at speed

Allan: I have a LP640, 599 GTB, Ford GT, Diablo SV, Sl600, Countach, and , like you, have driven many other exotics. A few months ago I purchased a new 2010 C orvette R1 and can tell you that it is Great to drive, smooth at 110 ( have not yet gone faster but will ), have had NO quality issues. Others who have driven this car at the Texas Mile to 180mph report no problem. Furthur, this car is one of the most fun cars I have aever driven. With 638 HP and 604 lbs'ft of torque it is a blaast to drive! CCB brakes standard! Great exhaust sound starting at 3000 rpm when the valve opens. Slick Tremac 6 speed tranny. All the convienences like Bluetooth, GPS, Onstar, Heated seats, etc. For about $110000 it is a bargain. Had not had a C orvette in year so this car really exceeded my expectations. BTW, many other owners also have commented as I have. Your negative comments seem to come from statements that others have made. Appaarently you do not own one and have never driven one. Drive one and then see how you feel.

Allan: I have a LP640, 599 GTB, Ford GT, Diablo SV, Sl600, Countach, and , like you, have driven many other exotics. A few months ago I purchased a new 2010 C orvette R1 and can tell you that it is Great to drive, smooth at 110 ( have not yet gone faster but will ), have had NO quality issues. Others who have driven this car at the Texas Mile to 180mph report no problem. Furthur, this car is one of the most fun cars I have aever driven. With 638 HP and 604 lbs'ft of torque it is a blaast to drive! CCB brakes standard! Great exhaust sound starting at 3000 rpm when the valve opens. Slick Tremac 6 speed tranny. All the convienences like Bluetooth, GPS, Onstar, Heated seats, etc. For about $110000 it is a bargain. Had not had a C orvette in year so this car really exceeded my expectations. BTW, many other owners also have commented as I have. Your negative comments seem to come from statements that others have made. Appaarently you do not own one and have never driven one. Drive one and then see how you feel.

I personally hate the car.. No need to drive one.. I think if I wanted a POS Id just buy a Plastic mess-06 which I have driven the crap out of, another horrible car inmo.. Alex has said I can come take his whenever I want so maybe one day i will. But as I have stated here, my words reflect Alexs opinion, who has owned, Diablos, Murcielagos, CGTs, Gtrs, Gallardos , Scuderias etc and he said it is a HUGE pos, terrible build quality, scary at speed, but he likes to pound on it cause its a cheap car..

• 2 weeks later...

some guys like to break the tires loose and drive a car sideways and some guys DON'T... to each his own.

for those of you who do, the Z R 1 is a very FUN car!! did i say FUN?? ... VERY !! easily as fun and entertaining as any ferrari, SLR, porsche TT, lambo G or murci that i have owned. and a GT R that i have spent considerable time with.

the Z R 1 price is a bit high relative to the GT R but the car is all there.

the interesting thing is that EVERYONE who drove it, from GT3 RS owners , drag racers and road racers, to other exotic car owners, they all came away impressed with the car.

the Z R 1 doesn't have "IT" like other exotic cars but i don't care. it sounds good, the weight is right, the brakes are great and the 6 speed is perfect. .. it is a very good car.. !! i can't wait to track it..

as JPM says: "Exciting Car!!!

JR,

spot on. Although the car doesn't have Italian leather seats with cross stitching, and nice piping, it is a purpose built sports car, and does everything very well. I applaud chevy for taking a stab at this market, and I only hope they keep pushing the envelope with future halo cars. They should however, partner with a company such as Carvaggio to handle the interior work, and they should take a feather out of Lambos cap, and hire a company such as Alpine to handle Audio and NAV.

If these cars are improved in those 2 areas, nobody would have much to complain about other than it is an American car, and it doesn't have a donkey or a bull on the hood.

Guest Rob Burgundy
There is a problem with some of the carbon rotors being different weights I think. Caused a little shimmy at high speeds.

Danny had to work his way up the food chain until he got to talk to a brake engineer who basically admitted that they had run out of the supply of "Validated" ie balanced rotors and at some point had begun to put on nonvalidated rotors but that he would immediately send me out a set of validated and balanced rotors which he did. Now I have mine and I am happy, but I hate to think about how many man hours are spent out there by customers like myself who are taking time off figuring this out and getting it fixed while GM knows about the issue and is still putting these S#%t rotors on their flagship car.

LEAVE IT TO AN AMERICAN CAR COMPANY TO fcuk YOU'RE SHIT UP BIG TIME!

ZR1 is supposed to have the same rotors as SLR722. It doesnt surprise me they would send off the car without balanced rotors. GM quality sucks. I remember the last Plastic mess-06 we test drove at the track and cooked the brakes in 10 laps. Then as we take it apart, the rotors were on the wrong side. fcuking amazing the factory can't even install the brakes right on what is supposed to be their flagship sportscar. A couple of thousand km later, the dash started makin funny noises, the door handle fell off. All this on a car with less than 10k on it. And don't get me going about the leather seats, gotta be donkey skin or whatever is the cheapest hyde available.

There is a good reason why the filter is on the site. A POS will always be a POS.

Plastic mess-R1 is supposed to have the same rotors as SLR722. It doesnt surprise me they would send off the car without balanced rotors. GM quality sucks. I remember the last Plastic mess-06 we test drove at the track and cooked the brakes in 10 laps. Then as we take it apart, the rotors were on the wrong side. fcuking amazing the factory can't even install the brakes right on what is supposed to be their flagship sportscar. A couple of thousand km later, the dash started makin funny noises, the door handle fell off. All this on a car with less than 10k on it. And don't get me going about the leather seats, gotta be donkey skin or whatever is the cheapest hyde available.

There is a good reason why the filter is on the site. A POS will always be a POS.

Well when you at the factory assembling your Plastic mess-R1's motor, you can check the rotors while you're there. :icon_mrgreen:

Guest Rob Burgundy
And don't get me going about the leather seats, gotta be donkey skin or whatever is the cheapest hyde available.

That's generous of you to even call that shit they use any sort of real leather from a live animal.

My best guess would be with that many cracks and wrinkles in the leather that they have some sort of monopoly on all the old over tanned geezers that croak in south florida and are getting first dibs on their tanned hides for the corvettes.