'07 Coupe just delivered and where the market is now

chay4

This may be a longer post but I want to let others know where the market was for me because I appreciated it when others posted on what they paid. I have been looking hard for 9 months for this exact car and was very stubborn and would not settle for others offered that were almost this car. I have been checking 6 web sites nightly and had 5 dealers and brokers looking for me also so it wasn't for a lack of trying. Every time I buy a car I know exactly what color/interior/options/year/miles etc that I want and have always been willing to go to any place in the US to get it. I just took delivery of an '07 one owner coupe with 1100 miles, giallo midas pearl yellow, black with yellow stitching, egear, clear bonnet, Callisto wheels, yellow calipers, travel package, branding package, Nav, electric heated seats, rear view camera, anti theft, heated wing mirrors, board computer, bluetooth, carbon package I, car cover, and owner installed full clear bra, battery tender and K-40 with a sticker of $220,356. Even with the low miles I had a PPI done which Bergen Co Lambo of New York said was one of the 2 best '07's he had ever seen so I flew up and saw and bought it and just was able to ship it down to Tennessee after 2 weeks of waiting for the snow to let up there. The Mercedes dealer I bought it from was asking $149,900 for it and the first day I got him down to $130,000 and we settled the next day on $126,750, which I think is a fair to good deal for a very low mile and highly optioned car. I had passed on an '07 coupe not quite as optioned with 12,000 mi for $120,000 and an identical '08 coupe except no clear bonnet with 1200 mi for $133,500, but it would have cost $7-8,000 to put the bonnet on it so I didn't think one year newer was worth $14,000 for me. And these were the only 3 I found in 9 months of hard looking that met my criteria. Two lessons to learn here for those of you still looking are have some patience and don't pull the trigger on one too soon just to land a car if it is really not what you want and don't be afraid to low ball someone who is asking too much because he just might surprise you. I have been lusting a G car since '04 and finally saved up enough to pay cash for it and it looks and smells brand new and is everything I thought it would be. I have owned a couple Porsches, Ferraris, and a Lotus but I have not lusted any of them like I have the Gallardo-I think it may possibly be the most beautiful, seductive car I have ever seen. Sorry about the long post but I hope this will help those looking for mid year cars and give you an idea of how I found the market. Thanks to all that continually post on these forums because I have soaked up all of your knowledge over the past year and hope to now contribute back my small part.

Tim Hayden

Jackson, TN

Congrats Tim. Pics!

what were the 5 websites you were looking on? Autotrader, ebay, cars.com, dupont registry, and ? Because I'm also currently in the market. Thanks--Andy

Thanks for the honest info. I'm lightly looking around right now and it's nice to know that I can probably get something a little newer and nicer than I had imagined once I'm ready to pull the trigger.

congrats, glad you finally got what you were after.... seems like the market is picking up....

Here are some pics of my just delivered car. First time posting pics-hope it works. I am in love with this car and I may mean in a physical way!

my_Gallardo_029.jpg

my_Gallardo_020.jpg

my_Gallardo_022.jpg

my_Gallardo_024.jpg

my_Gallardo_027.jpg

I checked the web sites you listed plus globalautosports.com which doesn't change a lot from day to day and the classifieds of another board and Lambo Power so it was actually 7 sites a night. He advertised this one on Autotrader.com only on a Thursday night, I called him first thing Friday am and had it bought by Saturday am pending a positive PPI. If I had not been checking nightly someone else could have seen it first or just walked in off the street at the dealership and bought it so I'm telling myself all those hours spent surfing finally paid off - or it could have been for sale for months like others I saw. I guess I'll never know... but it's in my garage now and that makes it all worthwhile.

Looks like you got a great car! What part of the country are you in?

Well, it's quite easy to figure out...You see in the second picture he posted, you will notice the trees in the background. The three trees to the right of the trailer; These are Black Tupelo trees. Normally found in the Midwest, but also have been found as far South as Texas.

But what is more interesting is that notice the one in the middle. It has a split trunk. This type of trunk only happens in the following states - Arkansas, Georgia, Tennessee, and Kentucky.

So at least we have his general area marked down. But to get more specific, you need to look at the THIRD picture. Look across the street at his 'neighbors' cars. Next to the white minivan you see what looks like a large green bushy tree. Many think it is just some sort of evergreen, when in fact it is a Linden Tree. Normally found in areas of Ohio, and Iowa - but also found in a few other states.

However, the MOST interesting thing is that these two trees - The Split Trunk Black Tupelo, and the Linden ONLY cohabitate together in Tennessee. And to be even MORE SPECIFIC - these two (together) are ONLY found in Jackson, Tennessee. So I would be willing to bet he is in that area.