'07 Coupe just delivered and where the market is now

chay4

lol...yes, Jackson, TN is famous for those types of trees...didn't you learn all that in like 4th grade already? :D

Beautiful, clean car. Congrats! Unlike the previous owner, you need to drive it more than 1100 miles, though...otherwise, no point in getting the car in the 1st place.

LOL.

Well, it's quite easy to figure out...You see in the second picture he posted, you will notice the trees in the background. The three trees to the right of the trailer; These are Black Tupelo trees. Normally found in the Midwest, but also have been found as far South as Texas.

But what is more interesting is that notice the one in the middle. It has a split trunk. This type of trunk only happens in the following states - Arkansas, Georgia, Tennessee, and Kentucky.

So at least we have his general area marked down. But to get more specific, you need to look at the THIRD picture. Look across the street at his 'neighbors' cars. Next to the white minivan you see what looks like a large green bushy tree. Many think it is just some sort of evergreen, when in fact it is a Linden Tree. Normally found in areas of Ohio, and Iowa - but also found in a few other states.

However, the MOST interesting thing is that these two trees - The Split Trunk Black Tupelo, and the Linden ONLY cohabitate together in Tennessee. And to be even MORE SPECIFIC - these two (together) are ONLY found in Jackson, Tennessee. So I would be willing to bet he is in that area.

You have got a really nice car, and a great deal. Hope you're enjoying it. :)

Regarding your point "negotiate, don't give in", while I agree with it generally, but personally, if I really want the car and I know exactly what I want, I would never wait nine months to buy it. To me that's practically a whole year, because Midwest winters do not permit you to drive and enjoy the car, so if I am in the position to buy it, I would do my research, shop around and buy it as soon I find something I like and fairly priced.

To me, a year of enjoyment is greater than $10,000 dollars.

I don't advocate, nor do I live for the moment, in fact I look forward to the future, but you have to enjoy life too.

Regarding your point "negotiate, don't give in", while I agree with it generally, but personally, if I really want the car and I know exactly what I want, I would never wait nine months to buy it. To me that's practically a whole year, because Midwest winters do not permit you to drive and enjoy the car, so if I am in the position to buy it, I would do my research, shop around and buy it as soon I find something I like and fairly priced.

I don't advocate, nor do I live for the moment, in fact I look forward to the future, but you have to enjoy life too.

Different strokes for different folks is all. Some people enjoy the thrill of hunting for the car as well as feeling like they got the upper hand in the negotiation. Oddly after I got my car some of the thrill went away. So it's just personal preference if someone wants to wait till all the stars align vs someone who buys like you. In the end both people will be happy in their own way.

Different strokes for different folks is all. Some people enjoy the thrill of hunting for the car as well as feeling like they got the upper hand in the negotiation. Oddly after I got my car some of the thrill went away. So it's just personal preference if someone wants to wait till all the stars align vs someone who buys like you. In the end both people will be happy in their own way.

Yes, and I understand and appreciate OP's point. It is important to know the market, but I just wanted to offer my perspective.

I don't let little bit more or less I might have paid spoil my experience of the car.

:)

3 points to reply to:

-I live in Jackson TN and never noticed the two trees you refer to. And in fact they are across the street from me and I have never noticed them. What a very sharp eye Turbo50Mike!

-I have put about 250 mi on it in the last 2 wks so I think I will pass the previous owners 1100 mi in 4 yrs soon. What a wonderful 250 it has been. My 2 sons and a friend have helped me rack it up though, so I can't take full credit for it though.

-2 reasons why I waited 9 months to pull the trigger: I knew exactly what car I wanted and was willing to wait the extra months to find it in exchange for hopefully years of satisfaction knowing that I was driving the exact car I had been lusting for so long (years). Secondly, it was only the second car I found that fit my criteria and I passed on the first 1 1/2 months prior because it was a year newer than I was looking for and therefore would cost about $14,000 more after I went to the trouble of finding and installing the clear bonnet it did not have, and I wanted to pay cash for the car and that was going to strain my budget. Also, I must admit that I agree with gasman in that there is a certain thrill to the chase for me in that it consumed most of my free time looking and thinking about Lamborghinis every night after work for 9 months and that can not be a bad thing.

-I live in Jackson TN and never noticed the two trees you refer to. And in fact they are across the street from me and I have never noticed them. What a very sharp eye Turbo50Mike!

Ah ha! I knew it! Do I know my trees or what???

I spent alot of time examining the photos...

But I guess I could have just looked at your first post in this thread, too - At the bottom you have your name and location.

Ah ha! I knew it! Do I know my trees or what???

I spent alot of time examining the photos...

But I guess I could have just looked at your first post in this thread, too - At the bottom you have your name and location.

LOL - nice catch

Lol love it!

However, the MOST interesting thing is that these two trees - The Split Trunk Black Tupelo, and the Linden ONLY cohabitate together in Tennessee. And to be even MORE SPECIFIC - these two (together) are ONLY found in Jackson, Tennessee. So I would be willing to bet he is in that area.

WTF?! And I thought all that stuff on CSI was exaggerated.

Not a lot of Lambos in Jackson, TN. I am sure you are getting all sorts of attention in your G by now. You car reminds me of my yellow 06 G with callistos.

ONLY G car in Jackson. Just like most others on the board, I have lost count of the cell phone pics snapped, and almost everywhere I stop someone pulls in to ask questions or get a closer look. One car load of college boys even followed me home. And all this in only 2wks so far. I'm sure it may get old some day, but I enjoy answering the questions and showing them the car. I put myself in their shoes: If I didn't own one and saw one I would be stopping, gawking and asking questions also!

• 1 month later...

100% agree, I wouldnt spend more than a month or two finding the car I want, but I suppose if someone was going to keep their car for 10 years or more, finding just the perfect one makes sense. He really found good deal I think- only 1200 miles WOW