There is big trouble in them there hills!

Allan-Herbie

There is only one moneky wrench in the plan... The Mercedes SLS... Got a call today on a white/black with red interior brand new car, with a 209K MSRP.. Carbon mirrors, 6k stereo, bunch of other stuff but no ccbs... I can have the car middle of March at MSRP...

No on the SLS. I didnt realize it was a big deal to get an SLS at MSRP....they are going depreciate pretty quick I would think.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New era....New screen name

ALLANFERRARIGETSKILLEDBYGTTSALLDAYANDLOVESEVERYSECONDOFITBECAUSETHETRANSMISSIONI

SAWESOME

hehe... WHAT IF IT WAS ALLAN-FERRARI458TT?

No on the SLS. I didnt realize it was a big deal to get an SLS at MSRP....they are going depreciate pretty quick I would think.

Here in Bev Hills they all say over Msrp.. 15-20K... I laugh at them..

Guest Rob Burgundy

Cool! I have a feeling your dead on. It eats at my Lambo dedicated soul to say this but I think the 458 is a pretty damn good car. I bet you'll enjoy it thoroughly.

Now send me your shipping address so I can mail you some new Ferrari brand pumas. Hat and jacket.

Hope you get either a black 458 or a white one, with black roof and black wheels. The SLS will feel like donkey compared to the 458 I think. Too heavy.

Looked at that.. Was trying to calculate what that car would run.. I know turbogallardo vboxed his stock 458 at 11.1@129... Only dyno Ive seen on the 458 is by Fabspeed at 45X rwhp... With a bolt on system the 458 made 650rwhp on pump gas... Wonder what the car would run with an addition 200rwhp then...

Guest Rob Burgundy
Looked at that.. Was trying to calculate what that car would run.. I know turbogallardo vboxed his stock 458 at 11.1@129... Only dyno Ive seen on the 458 is by Fabspeed at 45X rwhp... With a bolt on system the 458 made 650rwhp on pump gas... Wonder what the car would run with an addition 200rwhp then...

Ask peak or Kevin, I'm sure they could fill you in... I remember Kevin saying that this car sounded bat shit insane with the Ferrari engine and the turbos strapped on.

I think the 458 looks better in black than white.

:iamwithstupid:

Granted I've only seen matte/flat white, but darker colors suit it better imho.

hehe... WHAT IF IT WAS ALLAN-FERRARI458TT?

Then it would be:

ALLAN458TTWISHESHECOULDGETTRACTIONONEDAYBUTHISCARSOUNDSSICK.

fcuk that's a pain to do with an iPhone.

:icon_thumleft:

Yes, the 458 is an incredible car, I think it beats the LP560 in every department except for exterior looks. It is fast as all hell and yet is so smooth and quiet when you are off the gas, and the transmission is the best dual clutch I've ever driven. My only complaint as I've said before is that it is almost too smooth and refined to be a Ferrari.

Still, definitely a better choice than an SLS.

makes sense. platform from 2003 vs 2010. Ive always thought that new>old and this would be no exception. what about the Mclaren?

Looked like a very fun day!

Black 458 = :icon_thumleft:

Good luck with the decision.

Yes, the 458 is an incredible car, I think it beats the LP560 in every department except for exterior looks. It is fast as all hell and yet is so smooth and quiet when you are off the gas, and the transmission is the best dual clutch I've ever driven. My only complaint as I've said before is that it is almost too smooth and refined to be a Ferrari.

Still, definitely a better choice than an SLS.

I agree. The Lp560 does look hot! With the 458 I love the side, and the back.. not quite sold on the front..

I can see the 458 being miles ahead of anything on the G platform. But imagine what the McLaren will be like. Plus I think the new MP4/12C looks way better from every angle than the 458.

(Another wrench in your gears) - Have you driven a Drophead yet???