Bentley developing three new models - report

dragvorl

According to a recent report, Bentley is developing three new models.

While the specifics are kind of hazy, Auto Express says the first vehicle will be a £150,000 (€178,000 / $242,000) five-door coupe which will be underpinned by the next-generation Porsche Panamera. Essentially a Bentley verison of the Aston Martin Rapide, the car will reportedly be powered by a 4.0-liter V8 and an updated 6.0-liter W12.

Secondly, the long-rumored Bentley SUV is slated to be based on the Porsche Cayenne and could be called the Cross Continental. It will reportedly sticker for £120,000 (€142,000 / $193,000) and have a bespoke interior worthy of the Flying B. Engine options are expected to carryover from the five-door coupe, but Volkswagen chairman Dr. Ferdinand Piech has previously stated "You will see diesel at Bentley."

Lastly, the company could offer an entry-level coupe which would slot beneath the Continental GT. Details are limited, but it is envisioned as a competitor to the Maserati GranTurismo and would likely wear a £90,000 (€107,000 / $145,000) price tag.

The models aren't schedule to appear until 2015, but in the meantime, we can look forward to redesigned versions of the Continental Flying Spur and Continental GT Convertible.

Read more: http://www.worldcarfans.com/111021730746/b...t#ixzz1EKkc2xD0

A Bentley SUV is definitely something I would look at buying.

Dammit, something else I'm going to want haha. Will be very interesting to see what it looks like!

Guest Rob Burgundy

Heres the Bentley Dominator that was built for the sultan of brunei in the 90's.

They built it on a range rover chassis.

1532504d.jpg

Of course Im sure a modern one will look much different and MUCH better.

bentley_suv.jpg

Correct me if I am wrong, but that would make the SUV a triple platform car right? Toureg, Cayenne and the Bentley Bus?

Correct me if I am wrong, but that would make the SUV a triple platform car right? Toureg, Cayenne and the Bentley Bus?

Don't forget the Audi Qsomething. I'm sure they will all eventually be the same car with a different skin and price.