Super Sports Convertible

VBUGKING

I wasn't saying to necessarily slam it and tuck the tires...just a little gap reduction. My rule of thumb...gap between top of tire and bottom of fender shall be less than or euqal to the sidewall height of the tire.

All personal preference...either way it is sick sick. Enjoy.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't saying to necessarily slam it and tuck the tires...just a little gap reduction. My rule of thumb...gap between top of tire and bottom of fender shall be less than or euqal to the sidewall height of the tire.

All personal preference...either way it is sick sick. Enjoy.

Understood, and thanks! Looks like Renntech offers a lowering module for $1395 and an optional $695 remote to control the height on the fly.

"The DLM V3 offers the same features as its earlier versions, but has many improvements. We have lowered the unit’s power consumption by 50%. The DLM still requires no wire splicing or soldering, but now sports even less wiring. Installation time is down to approximately 20-30 minutes. The Mercedes specific DLM V3 also supports speed-lowering that allows the vehicle to return to its factory ride-height at a pre-set speed. This removes the need for the vehicle to be aligned after lowering and allows the factory speed lowering to still occur as normal. The user can maintain the factory longevity and still have the lowered look at low speeds! These Lowering Modules are 32-bit Windows compatible. Simply hook the module up to your laptop or PC and adjust your settings with the click of a mouse. For all models equipped with Airmatic suspensions The DLM V3 is also offered with an optional 7” Touch-Screen remote that allows the user to make changes to ride-height settings on-the-fly! Optional Tablet: $695.00"

Car looks sick and also looks like a sick golf course! Why have we not had a LP Golf outing/pool party?!?!?! Ill even pitch in on paying for the staff to clean up after us. Ha

I wonder how that lowering module would integrate with the stock electronic suspension system. How much HP does Renntech add?

Congratulations on the purchase!

Awesome Aaron, looks killer, congratz! :icon_thumleft:

You really have to lower it though.. It will set it off superbly!

Thanks guys. Yes since I can adjust it on the fly I am considering doing the lowering module offered by Renntech. I just dont want to be permanently lowered.

Car looks sick and also looks like a sick golf course! Why have we not had a LP Golf outing/pool party?!?!?! Ill even pitch in on paying for the staff to clean up after us. Ha

Dear Diary

When I grow up, I want to be Vboxking

Lols, thanks guys

I wonder how that lowering module would integrate with the stock electronic suspension system. How much HP does Renntech add?

I dunno how anything integrates with it, but I would hope it would work flawlessly. Renntech sites says the ECU makes it 660hp and 663tq (stock is 621hp, 590tq). The site doesnt have any numbers listed for power gain for the exhaust. I was told the ECU did 700hp by my dealer who called them back when I first got my coupe. I will have him call again and find out. Either way the car really is fast enough stock. I accidentally kicked down 2 gears instead of 1 yesterday and it caught me by surprise as my head smashed against the back of the seat.

http://www.renntechmercedes.com/www/node/447

Since you have the Bentley Convertible and the Aston Volante...aren't you overlapping there now?

yes, I think I mentioned it in another thread, but we are keeping both for spring/summer (convertibile weather), and then going to get rid of whichever one we dont want to keep. I want to get down to 4 cars eventually. Just easier to deal with and you get to enjoy them more. As much as the wife and I really like the DBS, the Bentley is just more useable, and will probably be the choice between the 2.

Perfect line up come this fall hopefully will be this:

X5m, my suv

ML63, wifes suv

SS vert, we share

LP700, ill mostly drive this

X5m, my suv

ML63, wifes suv

SS vert, we share

what about the RR and DBS? and i notice all your cars are black/white..are u colorblind? :icon_mrgreen: joking..i love black/white cars aswell..classy colors.

what about the RR and DBS? and i notice all your cars are black/white..are u colorblind? :icon_mrgreen: joking..i love black/white cars aswell..classy colors.

The Rolls is going to get sold to make way for the LP700. I mentioned a bit ago that the DBS will be kept for the spring/summer, so we have 2 convertibles. I love that car alot, so theres a good chance I will just keep it too, lol.

yes, I think I mentioned it in another thread, but we are keeping both for spring/summer (convertibile weather), and then going to get rid of whichever one we dont want to keep. I want to get down to 4 cars eventually. Just easier to deal with and you get to enjoy them more. As much as the wife and I really like the DBS, the Bentley is just more useable, and will probably be the choice between the 2.

Perfect line up come this fall hopefully will be this:

X5m, my suv

ML63, wifes suv

SS vert, we share

Good luck with that :P

i just saw this. congrats! that is a sick sick ride!!!!

SS drop top FTW :icon_thumleft: :icon_syda: :icon_super: :bananahump:

Thanks! I am figuring out if I want to do the renntech exhaust now. They are saying the it did 647hp to the wheels with ecu and exhaust.....I dont know if I believe it though.

i know those renntech parts are costly. i would want proof and a warranty. if that was provided it would be a go in my book!

does the car have to get shipped to FL?

650whp is insane

Thanks! I am figuring out if I want to do the renntech exhaust now. They are saying the it did 647hp to the wheels with ecu and exhaust.....I dont know if I believe it though.

647awhp or rwhp?

i know those renntech parts are costly. i would want proof and a warranty. if that was provided it would be a go in my book!

does the car have to get shipped to FL?

650whp is insane

Its not that bad actually for ecu and exhaust is like 8900 including labor.

8900 is cheap for 650whp. i would give it a shot. a drop top with that kind of power and sound will be alot of fun.

i would also throw in the lowering module and then i would really hate you ;) lol

8900 is cheap for 650whp. i would give it a shot. a drop top with that kind of power and sound will be alot of fun.

i would also throw in the lowering module and then i would really hate you ;) lol

Its supposedly awhp, but they didnt use their dyno so they are being conservative with their estimate. Heres a video of it with exhaust, it sounds really good, near the end they do a start up and revving, the first part is drive bys