NBA Playoffs

soup

My prediction is:

Bulls will definitely reach the conference finals where it will stumble into either the heat or celtics.

No idea what will happen in the western conference, all the teams are extremely strong (even memphis). Long shot, but I think it will be Spurs vs lakers.

And for the finals I hope it will be Bulls vs Lakers and bulls win in 7. :)

playoffs.png

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Next series will be Miami-Boston and Bulls-Orlando, Miami beats Boston, and Bulls beat Orlando. Miami-Bulls in Conference Finals as you said. I think it will be a 7 Game Playoff between these 2 great teams, but Miami will come out with the 4 Wins.

I then see San Antonio and LA making it in the West, and the spurs beating the Lakers in 6, and playing the Heat in the finals.

I would love to see Miami win for you and the fans, but know one of the players too well....he will lay down at some point at let you down. No heart.

I would love to see Miami win for you and the fans, but know one of the players too well....he will lay down at some point at let you down. No heart.

The good thing is Wade has enough heart and drive for the whole team. If it was Lebron without Wade, I would be worried. The team doesn't feed off of Lebron the way they do with Wade. If Wade isn't playing with emotion they lose-plain and simple. Lebron can play with all of the emotion in the world and hit 50 points, but if Wade isn't on, they aren't winning.

Cool game last night. Our bench and scrubs beat Toronto by 17 IIRC without Wade, Lebron, Bosh, Haslem, and Mike Miller. Eddie House had 35 points with 21 of them being his 7 3 pointers for the night :shock:

Rested Celtics are still the team to beat in the East. Th3 big 3+1 haven't played in like two weeks. Lebron and the temptations have a non-stop battle to get to the Finals. I don't see them being strong enough overall to withstand the onslaught this year. Next year who knows.

Laker-Spurs from the West, with probably the Lakers pulling it out of their asses to win a tight 7 game series. Spurs are stronger, but It seems that all the Lakers have to do is make it to the conf finals and they'll figure out a way to pull it out against the better team. Kobe wills the team to play unconcious. And he always pulls out a game winner and a 40-50 pt game in a tight playoff.

NOW it gets interesting...

NOW it gets interesting...

:iamwithstupid: :icon_thumleft:

Whats interesting to me is things like the Heat are 8-2 in the last 10 games (albeit some of them have been gimmes), and Chicago is 9-1 (with the same amount of gimmes). I look forward to this matchup more than any other matchup this year including the finals. If the Heat can find a way to pull it off against them, I don't think any team on the West stands a chance. Yes, that sounds presumptuous, and the playoffs are different than the regular season, but I don't think the Lakers could handle Miami or Chicago (only nod I give them is having Kobe and great coaching and experience in the finals). The negatives are that all will be on Kobe's shoulders. If you compare Kobe's numbers to Lebrons this year it isn't even in the same realm of greatness. The Lakers don't have as good of a supporting cast as the Heat do either IMO. Gasol? Odom?

In the end, we shall see where the cards fall. If the Heat get close and don't make it, there will be hell to pay next year once Haslem gets back (If he doesn't make an appearance in the playoffs this year).

:iamwithstupid: :icon_thumleft:

Whats interesting to me is things like the Heat are 8-2 in the last 10 games (albeit some of them have been gimmes), and Chicago is 9-1 (with the same amount of gimmes). I look forward to this matchup more than any other matchup this year including the finals. If the Heat can find a way to pull it off against them, I don't think any team on the West stands a chance. Yes, that sounds presumptuous, and the playoffs are different than the regular season, but I don't think the Lakers could handle Miami or Chicago (only nod I give them is having Kobe and great coaching and experience in the finals). The negatives are that all will be on Kobe's shoulders. If you compare Kobe's numbers to Lebrons this year it isn't even in the same realm of greatness. The Lakers don't have as good of a supporting cast as the Heat do either.

In the end, we shall see where the cards fall. If the Heat get close and don't make it, there will be hell to pay next year once Haslem gets back (If he doesn't make an appearance in the playoffs this year).

Agreed, these playoffs are probably the best looking ones we had in awhile.

Don't sleep on OKC..they finally got a presence down low, toughness AND playoff experience in Perkins. Durant and Westbrook are still top 3 in their positions.

I am looking at the board and it is very interesting - does NYK go balls out proving the trade worked? Do Spurs legs hold agains OKC? Does Mark Cuban finally sell the team since Dallas probably won't do much yet again?

Agreed, these playoffs are probably the best looking ones we had in awhile.

Don't sleep on OKC..they finally got a presence down low, toughness AND playoff experience in Perkins. Durant and Westbrook are still top 3 in their positions.

I am looking at the board and it is very interesting - does NYK go balls out proving the trade worked? Do Spurs legs hold agains OKC? Does Mark Cuban finally sell the team since Dallas probably won't do much yet again?

OKC has a good team, the only advantage they have on the Lakers is endurance IMO. I hope the Knicks knock out the Celtics too, but I think the Celtics are a far better playoff team, and have played together for too long.

What the biggest question mark for the Heat is which of the non big 3 players will step up the most? Almost ALL of them have the potential to do it in any given game. Many times they don't so that our stars can shine. We are the ONLY team in the NBA that is statistically a top 5 offense and a top 5 defense.

Eddie House-35 points last night

Mike Miller-Hasn't done much but has had a couple big games, and is a SERIOUS 3 point threat.

Chalmers-Has the aility to put up big points on any night

James Jones-Best 3 point shooter in the league.

Big Z-Has the ability to have 10-12 point nights with 10 rebounds

Mike Bibby-Can hit 20 points in a game if needed.

Joel Anthony-One of the most understated defensive monsters in the league

Jamaal Megluire-Had 19 rebounds last night and 6 or 8 points, and has tremendous hustle.

Dampier-Great defensive player

Juwan Howard-Old but still can surprise you any night

Jerry Stackhouse-Can be dusted off at any given time

Actually you are 8th in points per game and 6th in points allowed, but first in the difference of the two. Just slow down on the Kool aid a bit, you are already working hard enough and are married, if you start caring about Jerry Stackhouse, how much can that heart take!? :)

funny story Stackhouse had his boat "Gametime" in FT lauderdale docked next to the boat my friend worked on. Instead of hiring crew or dayworkers Stack had his "Gangsta" friends wash the thing.. they had their bling on the whole time too and were being so lazy and bad at it he told them he is going to hire my friend instead and leave them all ashore

Actually you are 8th in points per game and 6th in points allowed, but first in the difference of the two. Just slow down on the Kool aid a bit, you are already working hard enough and are married, if you start caring about Jerry Stackhouse, how much can that heart take!? :)

funny story Stackhouse had his boat "Gametime" in FT lauderdale docked next to the boat my friend worked on. Instead of hiring crew or dayworkers Stack had his "Gangsta" friends wash the thing.. they had their bling on the whole time too and were being so lazy and bad at it he told them he is going to hire my friend instead and leave them all ashore

I heard the stat last night on ESPN, and they said top 5 in Total Offense/Total defense. Not just PPG/Points allowed. Steals, blocks, rebounds offensively/defensively, etc.

I heard the stat last night on ESPN, and they said top 5 in Total Offense/Total defense. Not just PPG/Points allowed. Steals, blocks, rebounds offensively/defensively, etc.

I can see defensively, best blocks per game in the league

however, offensive top 5 is puzzling -

2nd in FG% - great

7th in 3ptrs

26th!!! in assists per game, right behind Minnesota

9th in rebounds

may be they just combine the FGs+3PTs to justify saying 5th offensively?

I am giddy..can't wait to see these playoffs

Does Vince Carter play on the Heat now? :lol2:

Guest SP_Lotta Murci
Does Vince Carter play on the Heat now? :lol2:

Think he plays for the Suns

Next series will be Miami-Boston and Bulls-Orlando, Miami beats Boston, and Bulls beat Orlando. Miami-Bulls in Conference Finals as you said. I think it will be a 7 Game Playoff between these 2 great teams, but Miami will come out with the 4 Wins.

I then see San Antonio and LA making it in the West, and the spurs beating the Lakers in 6, and playing the Heat in the finals.

You want the Spurs to win so your Heats don't have to face the Lakers.

You want the Spurs to win so your Heats don't have to face the Lakers.

Yeah. Real worried. What is the Heat vs. Lakers record this year. Oh, thats right 2-0 :lol2:

Spurs beat us by 30, then we beat them by 30. Even match up.

Yeah. Real worried. What is the Heat vs. Lakers record this year. Oh, thats right 2-0 :lol2:

Spurs beat us by 30, then we beat them by 30. Even match up.

Those were regular season games we give away.

Those were regular season games we give away.

:lol2:

Not given away. They were taken from them by the better team.

Mike you sound like such a fanboy lol, relax man. Time to get out the tissues when Iguodala gives the heat some spanking. :icon_mrgreen: :aiwebs_017:

Mike you sound like such a fanboy lol, relax man. Time to get out the tissues when Iguodala gives the heat some spanking. :icon_mrgreen: :aiwebs_017:

Don't care what I sound like to you or anyone else for that matter. :icon_thumleft:

ITS PLAYOFF TIME :icon_super:

• 2 weeks later...

LA

DALLAS

OKC

and Grizzlies or Spurs.

Miami

vs.

Boston

Chicago

vs.

Atlanta

Miami better REALLY step their game up now against Boston. They will lose if they play like they did against the 76ers. If they play like they are capable of playing they will win it in 7 games with the final game being in Miami.

Chicago did not impress me at all in their series.

IMO-Whoever wins the Boston vs. Miami matchup will win the finals.

I am giddy over trades that will happen. Paul and Howard need a new home - latter somewhere where he isn't the leader, he is clearly too soft.

Wow-so surprised about the Spurs going down in the first round. The Memphis vs. OKC round 2 should be a good one.

So will Heat vs. Boston.

Either the Heat will come out guns blazing and spank Boston the first game, or we will get spanked and come out pissed off in the 2nd game. I feel this one will go 7 games.

Did you guys see the 2nd foul of Rondo, why the hell would he foul LBJ like that? He practically hugged him and pushed him off the court.