NBA Playoffs

soup

Did you guys see the 2nd foul of Rondo, why the hell would he foul LBJ like that? He practically hugged him and pushed him off the court.

Because he had to.. Otherwise its an easy bucket. Make him earn it at the line. Is this your first time watching NBA Play-off basketball? :lol2:

Hug him so he cant get anything off. Everything is more physical during the playoffs. Nothing is easy. The tough teams make it through. 1st games arent as important as 3rd and 5th games. THATS where you see what teams have true team stamina.

The Paul Pierce play getting thrown out was BS. Wade should've gotten a foul and keep playing. You can't by the rules run through a pick and knock or push the screener awayl. If there were no punches thrown, no matter what's said, you can't be thrown out. That ref is probably not going to work anymore playoff games. He got worked up in the frenzy of emotion of the game and made a rash decision that wasn't based on the rules of basketball. And before you chime in Mike, I used to officiate basketball for 6 years. Foul language doesn't matter, if it's bad enough you can give a technical but that's it. Did Pierce hve an earlier technical. If so, then that would be why. 2 techs in one game get you thrown out.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No, I just think it's dumb, lebron will make the shot anyways. Just stupid if you lose players because of foul trouble, that's all.

And Pierce did get a technical before, Jones couldn't stop and jumped on him and Pierce got mad.

soup: "No, I just think it's dumb, lebron will make the shot anyways. Just stupid if you lose players because of foul trouble, that's all."

Lebron missed some free throws later in the game after being fouled intentionally, so nothing's guaranteed, make him shoot two at the line everytime.

Playoff analysis so far:

Memphis Grizzlies - Juggarnaught. Probably going to steamroll OK City unless K.Durant somehow channels MJ and carries this team with consecutive 40-50 pts games. He scored 33 with 11rebs and they got blown out. Everyone on the Grizzles is in the zone and dominating INSIDE. An inside dominating team is a tough team to beat, and they cause a lot of match-up problems for anyone in the league. I expect them to be in the West Finals.

Miami Heat - They played well, but something bothers me about them that kind of has all season. They DON'T put anyone away... As well as they played today, they should've beaten Boston by 20-30. THAT'S a bad sign. I know you hate to hear me say it, but, The Heat is ONE Celtic adjustment away from losing 4 straight after this game (oh and a Paul Pierce in the 4th)....The Celtics are THAT resilient (which the Heat is NOT) and their coach is that good....And it's sad cause I'd like to see them in the Finals against the Lakers.

Lakers - Got a real nice reprieve with San Antonio being sent packing. The Spurs are pretty much the only team in the West that caused DIRECT match-up problems for the Lakers. Dallas is solid, but as always....SOFT. The Lakers have a certain hardened grizzled veteran toughness that helps them grind out wins when it looks like this might not be their night. Just look at the 1st round. Lost the 1st game and it looked like it was going to be a 7 gamer. Kobe injured etc. eh.....4 games straight done on to the next round. Defending champs have a will to win, they know how to win, Dallas doesn't in the clutch and they're soft. Watch the Lakers' front line bully the Mavericks, Lakers should win this series in 5 and meet the upstart Grizzlies in the West Finals. In which the Grizzlies aren't ready for what coming to them in a motivated Defending Champion Laker team.

ATL vs Chicago - THIS is a series to watch!!! Two young athletic teams with swagger. This is a you call it series. Bulls were somewhat disappointing to me in the 1st round while I was impressed with ATL (much like the Grizzlies). Now, Everything runs through D.Rose for Chicago, while the ATL looks like the stronger all around team. This'll probably go 7 games. And for some reason I feel Atlanta should pull it out with a more well rounded offense and tight athletic defense.

Dude, you and me could have loooong NBA talks... because I agree with everything spot on!

Best Playoffs in a long time!

Did Pierce hve an earlier technical. If so, then that would be why. 2 techs in one game get you thrown out.

That was Pierce's 2nd technical of the game. Hence being thrown out.

soup: "No, I just think it's dumb, lebron will make the shot anyways. Just stupid if you lose players because of foul trouble, that's all."

Lebron missed some free throws later in the game after being fouled intentionally, so nothing's guaranteed, make him shoot two at the line everytime.

Playoff analysis so far:

Memphis Grizzlies - Juggarnaught. Probably going to steamroll OK City unless K.Durant somehow channels MJ and carries this team with consecutive 40-50 pts games. He scored 33 with 11rebs and they got blown out. Everyone on the Grizzles is in the zone and dominating INSIDE. An inside dominating team is a tough team to beat, and they cause a lot of match-up problems for anyone in the league. I expect them to be in the West Finals.

Miami Heat - They played well, but something bothers me about them that kind of has all season. They DON'T put anyone away... As well as they played today, they should've beaten Boston by 20-30. THAT'S a bad sign. I know you hate to hear me say it, but, The Heat is ONE Celtic adjustment away from losing 4 straight after this game (oh and a Paul Pierce in the 4th)....The Celtics are THAT resilient (which the Heat is NOT) and their coach is that good....And it's sad cause I'd like to see them in the Finals against the Lakers.

Lakers - Got a real nice reprieve with San Antonio being sent packing. The Spurs are pretty much the only team in the West that caused DIRECT match-up problems for the Lakers. Dallas is solid, but as always....SOFT. The Lakers have a certain hardened grizzled veteran toughness that helps them grind out wins when it looks like this might not be their night. Just look at the 1st round. Lost the 1st game and it looked like it was going to be a 7 gamer. Kobe injured etc. eh.....4 games straight done on to the next round. Defending champs have a will to win, they know how to win, Dallas doesn't in the clutch and they're soft. Watch the Lakers' front line bully the Mavericks, Lakers should win this series in 5 and meet the upstart Grizzlies in the West Finals. In which the Grizzlies aren't ready for what coming to them in a motivated Defending Champion Laker team.

ATL vs Chicago - THIS is a series to watch!!! Two young athletic teams with swagger. This is a you call it series. Bulls were somewhat disappointing to me in the 1st round while I was impressed with ATL (much like the Grizzlies). Now, Everything runs through D.Rose for Chicago, while the ATL looks like the stronger all around team. This'll probably go 7 games. And for some reason I feel Atlanta should pull it out with a more well rounded offense and tight athletic defense.

I think the Heat vs. Celtics will go 7 games. I think game 7-Miami at home, Miami wins it.

I also believe that Memphis beats the Lakers, and it is Miami vs. Memphis in the finals....

how bout them HEAT!?!? Black & Red Black & Red Black & Red :icon_super:

Great seats!

unreal! thats the first time i had flagship access. its a whole other world down there.. lol

Yeah I was gonna say, you can basically try to go to an afterparty right from there!

Best playoffs indeed.. since the first round where lower seeded team was leading in 4th quarter in almost every game to these upsets.

I am all for the Memphis Hustle!! And I am trying to figure out my relationship with the Lakers - I love Kobe's work but I don't want them in the finals.

ANd of course I want Lebron put to the test. I know Wade is solid, but Bron needs to put an exclamation point and dissapate the doubts that had been chasing his image since last playoffs.

Swil, Hawks are playing relaxed and shooting lights out. I think if you put good D on their guards it might change, let's see

Best playoffs indeed.. since the first round where lower seeded team was leading in 4th quarter in almost every game to these upsets.

I am all for the Memphis Hustle!! And I am trying to figure out my relationship with the Lakers - I love Kobe's work but I don't want them in the finals.

ANd of course I want Lebron put to the test. I know Wade is solid, but Bron needs to put an exclamation point and dissapate the doubts that had been chasing his image since last playoffs.

Swil, Hawks are playing relaxed and shooting lights out. I think if you put good D on their guards it might change, let's see

Hawks are playing 100% better than they did in the regular season. Memphis of course has been a huge anomaly on the West.

My prediction for the East...Atlanta takes out Chicago in 6 games....Miami will either a)Win tonight-win 1 of 2 in Boston, and take the series in 5 or b)Lose tonight, win 1 of 2 in Boston, and the series will go 7 games.

Atlanta vs. Miami in the Eastern Conference finals

My prediction for the West is

Memphis beats OKC in 6 games

Lakers beat Dallas in 7 games

Lakers vs. Memphis in the Western Conference finals.

Will have to see if all players are healthy at that point to comment further....

Anomalies-If the Heat start rotating Haslem in for a few minutes a game, and he plays well, it will be tough for ANYONE to beat them. Kobe needs to stay healthy for the Lakers to get to the Finals, Rose is in the same situation as he has been plagued with ankle injuries.

Damn am I smelling a sweep vs. Boston....

Lol!!!

Let's go motherfucking HEEAAATTTT!!!!!!!!!!

Damn am I smelling a sweep vs. Boston....

Lol!!!

Let's go motherfucking HEEAAATTTT!!!!!!!!!!

Hmm, wanna bet? :icon_mrgreen:

Nah but we will get it in 5 or 6 for sure. A sweep against Boston is a stretch unless Rondo tears an ACL or something. Not out of the question, but will be tough to sweep that team.

I watched the first heat game and they just played stronger, you can see how fast, agile and strong players like lebron and wade are running around the court constantly, helping teammates. I can see them beat the celtics.

And Chicago played horrible in their first game, so many turnovers in the first quarter alone. Noah and Boozer can't make a decent shot, have to get into the paint and just get blocked. Atlanta will be tough team to beat.

I watched the first heat game and they just played stronger, you can see how fast, agile and strong players like lebron and wade are running around the court constantly, helping teammates. I can see them beat the celtics.

And Chicago played horrible in their first game, so many turnovers in the first quarter alone. Noah and Boozer can't make a decent shot, have to get into the paint and just get blocked. Atlanta will be tough team to beat.

Atlanta has come out as a tough team in the playoffs. They weren't that great in the regular season.

Interested to see what happens tonight....

My prediction is:

Bulls will definitely reach the conference finals where it will stumble into either the heat or celtics.

No idea what will happen in the western conference, all the teams are extremely strong (even memphis). Long shot, but I think it will be Spurs vs lakers.

And for the finals I hope it will be Bulls vs Lakers and bulls win in 7. :)

playoffs.png

I hope for the exact same outcome, that would be perfect.

I don't think the Bulls or the Lakers will make it. I do HOPE the Lakers make it through Dallas and OKC or Memphis though. To get smoked in the finals.....