FGT thoughts?

azmurciev12

Price seems high to me for a black car that isn't the stripe delete option. But maybe prices went up since I last saw. There are cars that sell for less and you could.do a black wrap. The FGTs seems like amazing cars though!

i've gotten them below 170K. also, would anyone know where i can take this car for PPi in the cleveland area? they are recommending a ford dealership near them but i'd rather have a shop that really specializes in FGT or a dealer that someone can vouch for besides them.

This dealer has a few FGTs you can use for $ reference.

^^^ Best dealer in the business .. recommend him highly.

azmurciev12,

If you are below 170's you are doing really very good on pricing.

I have an 06 in that exact same color combo and options.

Good Luck !! If your inspection comes back good , I cannot see why it wouldn't , then you have a good buy on your hands.

Cars are going back up in price.

Price seems high to me for a black car that isn't the stripe delete option. But maybe prices went up since I last saw. There are cars that sell for less and you could.do a black wrap. The FGTs seems like amazing cars though!

Price seems right on the money to me. Black cars always seem to command a premium, and FGT prices have been hovering in that range for awhile now. (I remember seeing a red car not too long ago that was $165k). Pretty cool that they are holding their value so well and actually have been going UP in price the last few years. I cant wait to go for a ride in one of these someday!

Do you really not trust a ford dealer to look over these cars? I would think if the dealer sold a few they should be more then capable of doing a proper PPI on the car. Just find any high volume ford dealer in the cleveland area which shouldnt take more then a few phone calls.

:iamwithstupid:

Why though? Because its a "Ford" dealer? Obviously they are certified to work on the cars. Im sure they have a specific tech for that car. The engine is out of a fcuking mustang isnt it? Im not trying to knock it, but I dont see any reason why a mfg certified tech wouldnt be just as qualified if not MORE qualified then a private shop to look the car over....

Why though? Because its a "Ford" dealer? Obviously they are certified to work on the cars. Im sure they have a specific tech for that car. The engine is out of a fcuking mustang isnt it? Im not trying to knock it, but I dont see any reason why a mfg certified tech wouldnt be just as qualified if not MORE qualified then a private shop to look the car over....

Back in the 90s I took my 3000gt VR-4 to a dodge dealership (same car as the Dodge Stealth). The tards acted like it was a spaceship, and their work was shitty at best.

Go for it. Pulley/tune is a must on these cars though. One of my favorite cars I've had.

Go for the Whipple, they spank the pulley and tune. Or call Jason.

seems like i'm getting a FGT :D i still feel i'm overpaying a bit but at least i'm getting the color i want (which there aren't many of in the market right now). can't believe that this 6 year old car is worth more than its MSRP. very few modern vehicles are able to do that. time to call heffner for a quote for his pulley/tune/exhaust combo.

seems like i'm getting a FGT :D i still feel i'm overpaying a bit but at least i'm getting the color i want (which there aren't many of in the market right now). can't believe that this 6 year old car is worth more than its MSRP. very few modern vehicles are able to do that. time to call heffner for a quote for his pulley/tune/exhaust combo.

DO NOT TAKE THE CAR ANYWHERE NEAR A FORD DEALERSHIP! It may be worth the money to have the GT guys fly out and look at the car for you.

Good luck and congrats!

You could always buy a cheaper one and just paint in black. I don't see a reason to pay a premium for a color that is so much greater than the cost of a paint job.

You could always buy a cheaper one and just paint in black. I don't see a reason to pay a premium for a color that is so much greater than the cost of a paint job.

The resale hit....

It makes people wonder if there had been an accident.

I never know whether this is BRIAN writing or a MOD messing around making him look cheap on every subject. :lol2:

I never know whether this is BRIAN writing or a MOD messing around making him look cheap on every subject. :lol2:

The dead giveaway is the fungus and mold under the posts...

Guest Rob Burgundy

NotSureIfSerious.jpg

i still feel i'm overpaying a bit but at least i'm getting the color i want (which there aren't many of in the market right now).

Bingo. It's what you want and there aren't many on the market. You could go cheaper but you wouldn't get the car the way you would like it. Glad to see you jumped on it and I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts after Heffner gets through with it. Love the car!

Where are all the guys who said back in 05 that they were going to wait till they dropped to $80k and then buy one as a knockabout? Funny thing is that at the time I was split between a new gallardo or a new FGT, the guy who purchased the G that I was looking at sold it three years later for $75k!

What's the big deal? What's the difference between someone painting their car matte black, and someone painting their car black? You can either wait for months while you find the perfect color, or buy a cheaper ugly one and have it painted. It's not like there are a ton on the market. Might even be quicker to get one painted the color you want than to find one.

When I made that post I thought there was a bigger price delta. Last time I looked, I saw shitty colored FGT's with 5-7K miles going in the 130's. Seems they've either gone up or the cheaper ones just aren't on the market right now. Regardless, I don't really value a black stripe delete at $30K more than one just painted black. When I stopped by the GT Guy's place, they had like 3 cars their that had been repainted to some degree due to accidents, and the repaints looked better and had better fitting body panels than the other ones. It's not like these cars came amazing from the factory.

Black FGT with stripe delete == red FGT with white stripe. I bet if you sent the GT Guy's a yellow one, you could get it returned to you black and looking way better than any black one that came from the factory. If it's cheaper, even better.

It's a FGT, not a Monet. Document the repaint and you're good to go. If it's been in an accident, they'll find out when they get the PPI.